1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

REBIRTH BABY!

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by Yoshimickster, Mar 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

Whose reading the Rebirth comics? Right now I'm got Action Comics/Superman(its the same stinking story but they split it up for...some reason), Tom King's Batman, and Green Lanterns.

I also wanna say, I'm REALLY surprised they made me love Simon Baz as much as I do now, this guy was the most criticized lantern EVER now he's probably my favorite next to Jessica-WHO-by the way is SO freaking relatable with her anxiety.

2. tereuo

tereuo Member

Can't read action comics. Will never read a superman story by a trump supporter. I agree with you on Simon and Jessica. Giving Simon a partner and bringing up that gun often. First idea. It's one of my favorite runs. That, Deathstroke, cyborg, wonder woman and Nightwing. All very intense and fun stories.

The phantom lantern was a great introduction to the lanterns. They struggle with themselves and their antagonist. Good post.

Sent from my SM-N910T3 using Tapatalk

3. Yoshimickster

...when has Dan Jurgens supported Trump? And if he did, he's one of the best Superman writers out there, as well as the creator of Booster Gold! Is this about the "Safe-space" thing? Because he actually apologized for that. I'm also definitely sure he made fun of him on Twitter. Really, Peter Tomasi and Dan Jurgens seem rather apolitical most of the time. And if your talking about Jim Steranko, you can like a person's work without agreeing with their politics. My best friend's father is a Trumpy, but he's still a nice guy.
    Yeah, Phantom Lantern is a GREAT love to hate supervillain.

4. tereuo

tereuo Member

Let's focus on the comics.

5. Yoshimickster

Right than, seriously though ActionSuperman comics are AWESOME-Superman has a son now and he gives him dad advice-SUPERMAN DAD ADVICE, and its got all sorts of references to the best parts of the character, they even brought back Bibbo Bibowski!

6. tereuo

tereuo Member

Oh I know the concept. I read a few before Jurgens told the world he was a trump supporter. It was good and i won't deny that. I just can't read a SUPERMAN story written by a trump supporter. I can't do it.

7. Yoshimickster

Okay seriously, can you show the specific post where he said he supported him, because I'm finding nothing.

8. Yoshimickster

upload_2017-3-16_15-9-13.png
    LOOK AT THAT! He's a bloody moderate! Don't speak ill of Jurgens, he who brought Kal-El back from the prison that is comic book limbo! Whether he ever supported Trump, he sure as heck don't now.

9. tereuo

tereuo Member

He does. I said before, let's focus on the comics. I followed his Twitter for over 5 months. He supports and voted for trump. He admitted it more than once on his Twitter. I blocked him from my Twitter so I can't show you proof. Maybe it's ok for you to read that work of trump supporter but not for me. I'm not "speaking ill" of anyone. He is who is. So is Ethan Van Schiver and Chuck Dixon or anything marvel. They fully supported trump. They're Disney and Disney/ABC supported him. I will never purchase their work or acknowledge them again.

You do as you please. Long live comics.

10. Yoshimickster

...no...no you definitely can. You subscribe, find the proof, than tell me I'm wrong. And you kinda are speaking ill of him by saying he believes something from what I can tell he doesn't! That's technically a lie. Most of the stuff he says about Trump is not complimentary, and the other 99 percent is him talking about comic book covers he or other artists have worked on, OR the Falcons. I have found NOTHING on the internet that says he either voted, or gave verbal support for Trump. ALSO-
    upload_2017-3-16_18-18-2.png
    See that? That's proof. I was able to find proof of Chuck Dixon supporting Trump in a second, the only thing REALLY Trump related in this was mocking millenials for whining about the election(which he apologized for) and this post mocking him.

Also while on the subject, I didn't read Dark Knight Returns 2 because Frank went uber republican, I didn't read it because it looked awful. THAT is a reason to skip a book.

11. tereuo

tereuo Member

I'm done. When you want to talk about comics, and not an opinion, I have, about a creator. I'm in.

Long live comics

#11 tereuo, Mar 16, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2017
  12. Yoshimickster

Yeah or you could just admit you were wrong. Conservative or not, I still think its ridiculous to stave from one of the gretest Superman comics in YEARS because you disagree with hypothetical politics, especially since unlike hacks like Nick Spencer, he keeps his politics OUT of his writing, or at least this run.

13. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

This conversation is going nowhere, so this thread is being locked. Feel free to restart it and keep things civil and respectful. Thanks.

• Like Like x 2
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.