1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Really Awesome Batman DVD News

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James Harvey, Jun 10, 2001.

1. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

I received this email:

A friend of mine knows an editor, in Hollywood, who's company, was recently approached by Warner Brothers in regards to the Batman SE DVD boxed set. They were informed that each film will feature a commentary, trailers, behind-the-scenes featurettes, all the usual goodies, and tons of deleted
    footage.

Batman Forever was specifically mentioned to have at least an hour of extra scenes, though, they didn't know if it would be a director's cut or simply supplemental. The set is going to be out for Christmas or first quarter of 2002.

My friend's sources have been correct 100% on all other scoops, so I have faith in this information. Thanks.

So...should this be taken seriously or with a grain of salt?

#1 James Harvey, Jun 10, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2001
  2. Huntress

Huntress Guest

[​IMG]

WAHEY!

That rumour was about a little while ago but it's nonetheless exciting!!!!! There's meant to be LOADS of stuff from BF (a whole 20 min scene of an unconscious Bruce remembering things - ie: the suppressed stuff Chase talks about - is meant to occur between Two-Face shooting him and him being woken by Alfie).

[​IMG]

3. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh man..that's sweet!!
    And sucky. I already bought Batman 1 and 2 on DVD! Ah well, at least I didn't buy the other 2 yet.. :rolleyes:

-BB

4. James Harvey

I reported similair news a few months back, and I got some other emails that confirmed it. But this is the firsttime when a person who has never been to WF reported this. So, I will post it up tomorrow, but I'm still not sure...

5. Joker85

Joker85 Clown Prince

I hope that's true!!! Batman Forever would be so much better with those added scenes. And darker too!!

6. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I don't have any insider friends, but I already knew about this. I didn't know about exact specs, of course, but that the special editions were in the works. I posted several warnings not to buy the current editions, so for those who have ears and for those who have eyes...

They are also going to be coming out with quite impressive special editions of each Star Trek movie sometime before long.

7. Beyond Batman

Beyond Batman The Tomorrow Knight

Schway

This is very exciting news, it's just too bad I already bought Batman 1 and 2. But hey, with all those loaded features, I'm not one to complain. BTW, is the SE going to be a boxed set containing all the Bat films?

8. James Harvey

I knew about the special edition for quite sometime, as well, but this was sent to me without nay prior knowledge of my site reporting on it, which makes me more hopeful that the special editions will happen in the way we all hoped. I also hope WB won't be doing snappers by then. Hell, my site was the FIRST site to report about the SE Box set which will include all four films.

9. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

They are only coming in a BOX SET!!!!!!!????????

-BB

10. James Harvey

Don't worry. Like the Superman box set, they've be available togethor in a box set or seperatly. I plan on getting the box set, no matter how bad B & R was.

11. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

I didn't buy the Superman set, only 1 and 2, but I think I will get the Batman set too. B&R may have been bad, but it is still better than Superman 3 and 4.

Personally, I think I liked Superman 2 more than Superman 1.

12. James Harvey

I still haven't get SUPERMAN 2, but I plan to. I like Superman 1 the more I watch the documentaries about it, and how WB totally screwed over the second installment.

13. Joker85

Joker85 Clown Prince

I just have Batman # 1 on DVD so I might sell it and get the Boxed Set. Or I might just get Batman Returns and Batman Forever and rent the original to see the special stuff. I am not sure if I would care to own B&R on DVD.:)

14. Bird Boy

Bird Boy WF Admin
    Staff Member Moderator

yeah, I don't want to own B&R on DVD. BUT, I told myself I'd eventually buy all of the DVD's...

-BB

15. Shriek

Shriek Warriors.. Come Out To Play!

YES!

I have to get the box set. That will be so cool. I can't wait for all of the features.

Is their a Superman DVD box set??

16. Joker85

Joker85 Clown Prince

Yes there is a Superman DVD box set. You can find it just about anywhere that sells DVDs.:)

17. James Harvey

The Superman Box Set is good, I recommend it. Of course, I don't like S3 and S4, but the box set it a nice thing to have around.

18. Vigo Sprax

Vigo Sprax Member

Superman 3 isn't that bad, kinda hokey...but evil Superman is pretty funny! I still haven't watched S4.

I'll probably get the Batman box set too, you figure you might as well if you're going to get at least the first two...its not much more to buy the whole set than it is just to buy 2 or 3 individually. Luckily I've held off buying any of the films, boy was I tempted though!

By the way, did anyone see the AFI top 100 thrilling movies special today? Near the end there was a commercial for DVD (The format as a whole) which talked about how great DVD was, extras, etc... and then showed a collection of quick clips from a bunch of movies, one of them was Batman. Now if you were trying to show off the best of DVD would anyone here use the current Batman disc...?:rolleyes:

19. James Harvey

BATMAN is a great movie, but lack any sens eof extras. Hopefully that SE edition will be happening...soon...

20. Joker85

Joker85 Clown Prince

I have the Batman DVD and though it doesn't have any extras it is still an excellent movie on DVD. With widescreen and excellent picture and sound it is still fantastic to watch. Still, it could at least have a trailer( which I have never seen). :)