1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest RPG Reality Check: A Cold Dark Place (PG-13)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Bird Boy, Mar 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Batgirl_2005

Batgirl_2005 Don't I Wish...

ooc: OK, I just want to apologize for being so er.... not alive. I should be able to post sometime tomorrow. If not tomorrow then definitely before Wednesday. This goes for all RPGs I'm in. I plan on having a "catch up day" tomorrow right after school. Sorry again!!
    zero zero nine, do you want me to pm you a description of Key at some point?

2. zero zero nine

zero zero nine striding

OOC: Batgirl: Yes, please :)

3. Batgirl_2005

Batgirl_2005 Don't I Wish...

ooc: Woo hoo!! I'm posting ic! Aren't you proud?

ic: 6:40 am

Sam dropped me off last night and I went in and crashed on the couch. This morning some gawd awful ringing has just now woken me up.

"Hello?" I answer groggily, searching aimlessly for a clock I can actually read so that I can figure what time it is.

"Key?" Came that voice I've needed to hear for the past day. It's a bit saticy, coming from his cell phone, and his voice is totally half gone. He's probably been driving all night.

"Where are you?!" I demand. I stand up, a bit shaky and grab the green digital clock from the top of the tv. "And why the hell are you calling me before noon?"

"On my way to Florida. And because I've been driving all night." I was right.

"Why are you going to Florida?" I ask, even though I already know the answer.

Most of Alex's family lives here but his parents live in Florida. So does Ethan's family. Whenever anything happens he always says he's hightailing it to Florida, but he never does. He loves Ethan's family, especially his little sister. She can't be older than ten, and she calls him Uncle Al.

"I thought I should go see mom and dad. And see Sarah and Rupe." Ethan's parents. "Not to mention my little princess, Kandi."

"And you couldn't have taken me along?" I ask. "Damnit Alex. I've been so worried. YOu weren't answering your cell phone... I was so scared you'd gotten hurt or..."

"I'm fine Key. I'm fine." He assures me.

There's a long silence. Finally, "When are you coming back?" I ask.

He takes another long pause. I hate it when he does that. It always makes me expect the worst.

"I don't know." He finally answers.

"Alex... You can't just LEAVE me here! A, I'm not quite sure that's legal. B, I need you."

"Key... I just can't handle being there right now... I can't handle being around you." He says. "I've gotta go. There's a cop behind me. I'll call you later."

He hangs up on me leaving me alone to cry.

I start to fall asleep, deciding that later I'll go for a walk and get some more ice cream. Maybe one of Alex's brothers will be around and I can get a ride. For now, I don't even want to think... about... anything...

4. Mattashell

Mattashell Before punk,there were NUGGETS

MH:

I've been wondering the streets for hours, it must be nearly 9:00. I'm soaking wet now, and barely dressed. The rain is freezing cold, but it feels sooo good. Cleaning the dirt both literal and psychological as it flows off my body. I wish I had hesitated long enough to put my shoes on before I ran out. I've never been barefoot in Manhattan before, and it is just gross. I can feel the can of peppper spray is still in my jacket pocket. People look at me, they can see my legs are bare as are my feet. I can't go back. I'm not ready to face those issues. I duck into the Salvation Army store.

It's heated inside. As I walk around the tables I hide some clothes in my jacket. No one is looking. How can they say these things. Was she really with a dirtbag like Sean. This is when I realize what it was that upset me. If she's been with all those guys, like, just for fun. Maybe that was all I meant to her. Maybe she doesn't care, and if the possibility of her not caring upsets me, then that means...that I do. Well , if I do care, then I shouldn't have walked out. What those guys were saying was an insult. Not to me, to her, and I should have stood up for her. I should have defended her honer. If she's slept around before, tht's not my business, but if Sean is going to imply she's a slut, he's going to have to answer to me. I run out of the store and I can here the clerk yelling behind me, saying hi saw me hide something in my coat and he wants to take a look. I, while consealing the slacks and shoes to one side, open my jacket, revealing my body and say, "You want to see what's in my jacket, here it is." I kept running.

That probably wasn't smart, but I got some shoes and slack, which I hardly stop to put on, not caring who see's. A lady put her hands over a little girls eyes, but mostly people hardly take notice, as the sying goes, "Eh, it's New York."

Now I'm headed back. I hope Sean is there, because I want a word with him.

OOC: I am guilty as everyone, but let's try to keep the story going, m'kay. I can hardly wait to find out what happens.

5. redDragon

redDragon Carnivorous Beast

Note: Justice League Dude has resigned from his role as James Morgan

6. zero zero nine

zero zero nine striding

OOC: I think the key here is participation. And someone named *ahem* Barb. The cops can't move forward without her :)

7. The Guitar Slayer

The Guitar Slayer 1965 to Eternity

OOC: Bumpety bump bump

Wakey wakey. C'mon, folks. I've been out of it for over a month, and it's driving me a little batty. So here's some crummy filler. I'll get to the rest of the RPGs over the next week or so.

IC: Cassidy
    7 AM, give or take a half hour or three

We strolled through the red light district at the same rate we did the Park all those days ago. Crazy, man. It's just one of those weeks...

I started smoking pretty early today. Nerve-wise, I'm worse than an expectant father. Sundance over there looks like he IS an expectant father, the way he keeps fussing over me, telling me to cut it out and keeping himself extremely close and being all protective and s***. I've decided never to have any kids, just looking at the poor critters that peer at us from under the buildings. Y'know those porches that are supposed to have those lattices around 'em to keep out racoons (where would you get a racoon in the redlight district?) and kids? They are very much absent here, so I don't wanna know what was caught under there...

I'm rambling.

The lighter hisses again and I take another drag. I see Sundance's shoulder rise up and down as he sighs again. I think I'm aging him faster than I'm aging myself with all these cigarrettes. I see him look away from. I know I pain him.

I follow his sullen gaze around the block. He's taken note of the the sluts doing their laundry and their pimps' stuff too. He notes the men making business transactions with each other. "They're all interchangable...this brunette for this blonde for this redhead, and I'll throw in my 1974 Dodge Dart Low Rider...."

He looks ahead and sees the neighborhood abortion clinic, a standard fixture, and probably well used, despite all the kinds running around. You can only have so many in a month....

A small remote-control car rams into his left ankle. He jumps, letting go of me for a moment. Sundance crouches, picks up the car, and turns it over once or twice in his hands. "Nice...I had one of these, you know." He has a goofy grin on his face now.

"You were spoiled as a kid, man."

A kid meekly approaches the two of us. He's barely half the size of Sundance, which would put the kid at about 3 feet or so. He's undergrown...

He also looks as though he could have been Sundance's son.

I look at the kid's dark hair. I shift slightly to look at the kid's eyes.

They're blue. Pure blue....

Just like that baby...

I step away instinctively and watch the scene unfold. Sundance's steel-blue grey eyes and pale face smile at the boy, who hangs back. He crouches down to the kid's height and holds out the car. "Be careful with it." The boy hesitants shyly, then grabs it with a beam on his face that only a child can master. He races away toward his mother's house.

Sundance watches the boy, head slightly tilted and a mysterious small curve of his lips appears. When was the last time we had seen something that innocent in a hellhole like this? But there is more to that look... he apparently saw the same thing I did: a boy that could have been his.

I knew better. He hadn't come up from D.C. until right before he met me...had the bus ticket to prove it...and we'd been inseparable since. And that kid had to be about 7 years, malnourished as he was. The eyes weren't even the same as Sundance's...he has a weird shade of eye color. They are grey, but with such a pure steel blue tinge to them that they are almost unnatural. Me, all I got is plain ol' brown with green flecks in them.

So what was the grin about? I wake up and see he's looking up at me with that same idiotic look on his face...

"Oh NO!" I shake my head, laughing at the notion.

"Please? I'd feed it and walk it and clean up after it...?" I try to escape, but he spins me around and wraps his arms around my waist.

"Men don't have biological clocks, so cut it out." I slap his hands away, but he continues to molest me as we exit the red light district.

Where to next? Who knows? Who cares?

8. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

OOC: *blinks* I live!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *dances and falls over*

6:35am

He looks Charlie and I over,
    "Show you what?"
    If it weren't for Charlie putting a firm squeeze to my shoulder I probably would have jumped Alex.
    "Don't play with me damnit. You're in my area, my station - so you tell me whateve it is the heck you've got or I'll find one reason or another to beat the **** out of you...okay?"
    He grins.
    "I love it when you talk dirty, you know that?"
    Geezus...
    I sneer, Charlier coughs.
    "What?"
    Alex and I ask at the same time. Charlie's got one of those glints in his eyes I never like.
    "Look, I know you guys are just dying to get a room to yourself for unfinished..business...but let's just do our jobs and get it over with all right?"
    I let out a deep breath through my nose.
    "Fine."
    I turn to look at Alex again, leveling a glare at him.
    "So like I said. What have you got, show it to me. I just heard you on the phone with what sounds like someone over at the lab going over results. What are they?"
    God I can't wait to get him out of my life again...

9. Harvey Dent

Harvey Dent The Batman

Michael Cortlandt - Unitek Building (7:10 AM)

Looking through this morning's News, I read about the ongoing struggle between the City and Albany regarding more financial aid for our cash-strapped burg. Bloomberg wants a commuter tax; Albany says no. Bloomberg wants tolls on the East River crossings; Sen. Bruno likes the idea. Bruno says increase City Income Tax; Metropolitans say "Go to hell". It's times like these that make me glad I didn't enter politics. When I tell people to do something, they do it. Otherwise, they end up unemployed, dead, or both. And speaking of power...

*BZZT*

"Yes, Mr. Cortlandt?"

"Bonnie, has Mr. Douglas called today?"

"No, sir. There haven't been any calls or messages."

"Thank you, Bonnie."

Well, he did call this morning....early, this morning...and say noon. And that's...roughly five hours from now.

(sigh)

I hope he has something important, otherwise it's going to be another slow day. And I really hate slow days.

10. zero zero nine

zero zero nine striding

OOC: I used to own a 1979 Dodge Dart! :p

IC:

Special Agent Alexander Sera

6:40 AM

"You would be awfully hard-pressed to do that... wouldn't you?" I say. Hey, it's the truth. Even if I couldn't, I sure bet I can run faster than her. I laugh internally.

"Anyway, we picked up some blood near there. Male, no ident."

Sam steps closer to me.

"The tape." she says firmly. "I want to see the tape."

I turn around, looking toward a back office.

"We have it set up over there."

All three of us walk briskly to the back room. The guy that's doing the video plugs in the finally AV cable.

"Jet, set, and up, up and away!" he says.

Sam, Charlie and I stare at each other blankly, then back at the guy. I'm trying not to laugh.

Charlie sits down in one of the chairs, saying, "You aren't from around here, huh?"

The man looks nervous and rolls his eyes up.

"Just play the tape."

He pushes the play button on the machine. Static at first, tracking takes care of that. Then it comes on crystal clear. The last murder, the one we just missed. Bowels, bodies cut. They screamed in terror. Then he slit their throats.

"Wait." I tell him. "There's something in the background. He's saying something. Can you clean it up, fix it or somethin'?"

It's like it stands apart from the screaming. The technician types on the keyboard. He tells us, that it sounds like it was recorded at a different time from the murder, probably after. And now we only hear the killer's voice. It's drawn out, like he's gasping for breath. As the sound plays, it becomes more rhythmic. Like war drums.

"Hhhhhiiinrichhhhhh! Hiiiinriiiiiich! Hinrich! Hinrich!" And it goes on and on...

Sam and Charlie... first they stare in shock, then both of them run out of the room, a mad look on their faces.

"Hey!" I call out after them. "What's a Hinrich? Or who--?"

11. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

OOC: Wow, I still do breathe...*pokes everyone else* not sure about the rest of you, eep! So Zero, how goes those character pics? hmmm? *prod/poke*

6:55am

IC: Charlie (decided to take a different view this time around)

Hinrich

No f'ing way....what would he have to do with this?

Greg Hinrich, our newest rookie...what could he POSSIBLY have to do with any of this.

I feel like my head is going to twist itself up in a knot just trying to figure out how any of this makes sense, I can tell Sam is going through the same thing as we both bolt out of the AV room. That Sera guy calls after us...what I wouldn't give to retort something back, but I'm too preoocupied now. Thinking about Sam and her past boyfriend...ick...is the last thing on my mind. Sam and I sprint through the office, other officers and detectives glancing up at us with odd looks.
    "Where do you think he could be?"
    I ask Sam as we jog down the stairs. She shakes her head.
    "No idea Charlie, no idea at all..but we've got to find the kid, NOW."
    I nod in thought. After taking a moment to breath on one of the landings I continue after Sam.
    "Best thing we can do is just ask around."
    She nods, glancing around at who we could ask. I grab a detective on his way upstairs.
    "Seen Hinrich anywhere, Will?"
    "That cop? no, I don't keep tabs on cops, especially rookies."
    I sigh,
    "well, if you see him, let us know, k?"
    "Sure thing, Charlie."
    I see Sam asking a few of the cops headed downstairs.
    "We'll let you know as soon as we see him, Sam."
    A group of them promise, giving smiles as they head down. Stupid horny punks I can't help thinking about my fellow men. Sera calls over the railing after us.
    "You two, stay right there!"
    pfft, like we were dogs. If Sam wasn't ready to leap at him, I sure as heck would be. Sam gives him a cold look as he practically falls down the stairs after us.
    "What the heck....is up...with you two? Why the rush? Whose Hin--"
    I grab him roughly by the arm and back him against the wall, rather enjoying it and the look on his face.
    "Quiet!"
    I hiss.
    "Not so loud, all right? We know Hinrich...he's on the force...so keep it down until we figure out what's up....got it?"
    I say icily. We stare each other down for a few moments.
    "Alex please. Keep this quiet until we figure things out. We're looking for the kid now. But don't you breath a word about what's on that tape."
    His gaze goes to hers for a moment before he nods and I release my hold. He brushes himself off.
    "Fine. But I'm going with you"
    He begins.

12. zero zero nine

zero zero nine striding

OOC: GRRR... my mom... plus the fact that I'm really sick :(

IC:

6:56 am

Oh man... I can't believe I let him do that. I tell myself it's for the sake of work. You know what those people say, work now, play later.

Could Hinrich be the guy on the tape? It could be for self-vindication. Maybe he likes to hear himself talk. Nah, can't be it.

I follow Charlie and Samantha to Charlie's car. They're whispering to each other. I can barely hear.

"...this guy ..... he thinks... " Charlie says...

"...Greg kid... off-duty... I know... just Alex."

No point in holding them up.

"So, where are we off to, Detectives?" I ask them in a plain tone.

"We heard from some guys that it's Hinrich's day off today... gonna check out his place." Samantha says.

"Good idea." I tell them. Very methodically, I pull out my gun and check the clip and the barrel.

Charlie grits his teeth. "Hey! What the hell are ya doing? He's one of our boys!"

I look at him straight in the eye. "Which means that he will have firearms in his house. Can't be too careful. You ever been shot before?"

"No, but--"

"Then don't plan to either."

Sam, always the mediator, steps in between us.

"You know you don't need that, Alex." She puts her hand on the barrel of my gun and pushes it down.

"Just being prepared." I tell her.

13. The Guitar Slayer

OOC: Oooooh look at all the new buttons...hey, zero zero nine, feel better soon [I know this is a little late but the feeling is still there].

IC: Sundance
    7:05 AM

It's amazing how they survive. Despite being stunted and assuredly lost in the end, they still live as if this is a normal life. You have a thousand fathers that come and go, possibly for only one night, and yet you aren't traumatized by it.

The little guy tears off with his toy back toward his mother's place. Cassidy seemed haunted by his appearance, but she does know better. Now we're just staggering along the streets, goofing off, me leaning on her and not letting her go as she squawks at me and pulls on my clothing and grabs at whatever skin she can get. I've managed to remove the cigarette from her mouth and liberate the pack from her pocket. Ahhhhh, can't see...scarf's been pulled over the eyes...

It's true we don't have body clocks like they do; it's funny how the more rhythmic half of the race is not full of drummers. Then again, we're the ones who have the violent drives and need to beat the **** out of something lest we get arrested for doing something else to release that tension. However, I do believe where there is a time to stop. Stop living day to day. Stop tempting fate by going where angels fear to tread. I am 28, however, and she's still young. She could still live that life and I don't know how willing she'd be to give it up.

By the time I come out of my thoughts, we're near the end of the redlight district and Cassidy is humming something. I rest my face on her head as I recognize the tune. We'd snuck into the balcony one hot summer night through an open skylight. We watched as Valjean and Javert fought for their souls, Marius and Eponine fought for their loves, and Fantine fighting for Cossette's life. "I Dreamed A Dream..."

"Where to?" She looks up at the street signs, a piece of overgrown bangs falling into her eyes. She'd looked cute like that, kinda like Grace Slick, but she'd let it grow out. Now it frames her face rather than falling into it.

"I'd say head around the projects rather than through them and enter the Bazaar from there." The Bazaar was a....bizarre district. Lots of weird stuff. Persians and poetry and transvestites and incense and opium dens and some very ugly organized crime syndicates resided there. From there, we'd head Underground. The Underground is partially under New York and it reaches its arms out to touch the rivers and the bridges. Once in awhile, you see some of the Underground residents under a bridge or two when you pass over it. It's best not to approach them.

"Why do ya say it with such distaste? It's got some class..."

I roll my eyes. "You and your liking of incense and all things Far Eastern. You don't see some things."

"So sue me. I'm an optimist."

"You?"

"Watch it." She raises her hand with her index finger raised. "I've had enough of a reality check lately. The world is a cold dark place."

I can't help but sigh. She's trying to block it all out...but if she does too much of it, she'll become blind to the danger too.

She she she she she. Her name is Cassidy. Although there is only one SHE and SHE is indeed Cassidy.

"What, man?" Cassidy looks at me, waiting. I guess I must have said her name out loud. We're standing at the same street corner under the same sign, yet we're in totally different places.

I'm losing her.

"Nothing. I just had to say your name."

OOC: Yes, somebody had use the tagline sooner or late. :p

14. The Guitar Slayer

OOC:

Shall I pop this into cold storage and wait for all you people to jolt back to life?

15. zero zero nine

zero zero nine striding

OOC: Sorry... lots of things have sidelined me (yeah, for a couple of months, I know :( ) such as looking for an apartment, sickness and school *sigh, it's not over yet* and, I don't know, lack of inspiration? Anyway, here I go diving back into it and yes... i am STILL trying to put this dang comic book together! Maybe when I graduate *sigh*

IC:

7:05 AM

The car ride is silent. Not even the crackling of the police-band radio seems to shatter it. I notice the buildings, but I can't tell if they're getting older or newer as we pass by them. Rust and age have claimed these buildings, no matter how old they are. Correction: New York has claimed them. There are more rats than there are people, I'm told, but I think it's just the people here are...

"...rats." I let that last word slip out of my mouth.

"What?" they both say..

I pull my glasses off and clean them. "It's nothin'," I tell them. Pointing my thumb backwards off to some, mystical imaginary rat off behind us, I say, "We never had rats that big when I was a kid."

"Yeah, I guess," Charlie mutters.

About 20 minutes later, we arrive at Hinrich's apartment.

Charlie knocks on the door with the ever so demeaning, "Hey, rookie! It's us, me and Sam!" No answer.

Sam follows up in a sweet voice, "Greg? Are you there? We need to talk to you."

"Phone's busy," Charlie says, hanging up his cell phone. "I'll try again. Here, you try his cell."

He gives me the number and dial it. I wait a while. It's not even ringing. Then a woman's voice comes on. Could it be his wife or girlfriend or something?

"Please hold while the Nextel subscriber you have dialed is located..."

I'm getting impatient. "No good. Break it down," I tell them. They look at me surprised. "Do it. He could be in danger."

"And he could just be on the phone," Sam says.

A guy walks up to us and the apartment. It's a wonder he can see where he's going since he's got a huge bag of groceries in front of him. "Excuse me," and starts fumbling around with his keys.

"Greg?" Sam starts.

"Yeah--oh, hey, Sam, Charlie... and FBI guy..." He inserts the key and begins to twist the knob.

"Sera. May we come in?" I ask politely.

Greg pushes the door open.

His "Sure" is cut off by three "Oh, my God"'s.

All over the apartment, in red, are the words "DON'T TELL SECRETS, GREG".

We pull out our weapons.

16. Barb Gordon

Barb Gordon Nin-Mod

IC: Det. Sam McKay

7:27am - 7:41am

My eyes widen, so does everyone else's, including Greg's.

"What the fu--"

He trails off, the groceries dropping from his arms in shock. He stands in the doorway, keys still hanging from the door. I move in slowly past him as Charlie puts his peice away and moves in on Greg.

"Hey, rookie. Look at me, yoo hoo!"

Charlie says, snapping his fingers in front of Greg's face. After a few moments Greg closes his mouth and swallows hard.

"Wha...what is this?!"

He manages out. Alex moves past him, gun still drawn as well.

"That's what I'd like to know."

Not before I find out though, I think to myself. But after searching through Greg's apartment, we don't come up with anything and find ourselves back at the front door.

"This isn't paint, is it?"

Charlie says slowly after finally getting Greg to sit down on the couch while the rest of us looked more closely at the walls. I let a shudder run through me,

"No, no it's not."

The blood is slowly drying on the walls, beginning to crack....damn I can still smell it though.

"Guys from the lab will be here in five."

I mention, pulling away from the wall in disgust. I glance at Alex...he must be having a field day with this. One of our cops, somehow tied in with all of this....he'll never stop bothering us now.

17. Freza Resurrected

Freza Resurrected Criminal Mastermind

OOC: I'm terribly sorry for how I have inconvenienced all of you during my absence. After a computer crash and an internet service provider change I simply lost interest in getting on the web for a while. I came back a few months ago and simply forgot about this excellent work we had all collaborated on. Since then I have written many short stories and created more concepts to entertain myself but today I felt uninspired and dry. So I thought and I thought and I remembered the crime noir which I had once began here at toonzone! I was so excited and now I am here and I realize that I have much to catch up on. So, please, give me a few days to re-read the entire piece before I start adding more to the plot. I'm certain during the long break we've all had that each of our writing abilities has grown. Please fell free to PM me about anything and I will be sure to reply.

18. The Guitar Slayer

OOC: Hey, man! Welcome back. Some of us were a little worried about you, but I think you're here in one piece, more or less. Nice to have you again, and I hope this can really kick the storyline into high gear.

Once again, welcome back!

19. zero zero nine

zero zero nine striding

OOC: seems the evil computer bug is going around... I hope not everyone has given up hope... (i accuse myself also :sweat: )

IC: Special Agent Alexander Sera

8:00 AM, at the police station

"Look, we aren't here to get you. You're a good guy, Greg," Sam says, attempting to diffuse the rookie's obvious nervousness. The look on his face says otherwise... it says that he's going to lose. Maybe lose everything.

"A good guy. I know. Like half the cops in this city." The comment pulls me out of my blank stare into the interrogation room mirror. I can't tell if he's being truthful or sarcastic. I run my hands through my hair, while Hinrich continues. "I didn't do nothin', man. I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time. NY cops. Making things worse, damn it!" The fear is slowly turns to anger. "This place is a s***hole. Something always goes down. I swear, New Yorkers would die of boredom in any other place in this f****** world!"

Charlie looks to move against Hinrich, ready to take him down. "Calm down, man! Just calm down. We need you. This--these investigations hinge on you."

"I don't know anything! That night..."

"Go on," Sam says. "If you were there, you're just a witness, not a suspect. You can say whatever you want. It's all voluntary."

Hinrich puts his hands on the table, kneading them together as if he was trying to crush all his troubles at once. He looks at us as if we had something in common... victims of this god forsaken rock.

"My family is dead. There's nothing to say to bring them back. It was a crap family, with a bratty kid, but it made life a little bit more bearable. They were people that didn't know better. People I should have protected." Hinrich looks like he's about to break down, his eyes go cold.

"We'll let you alone for now, Hinrich. Detectives, I need to speak with you outside."

We file out, and we can still see Hinrich through the glass, now more alone than ever.

"We need to find out what he knows and fast. People like him--"

Sam interrupts me. "Don't say that about him! He isn't a killer!" I take my glasses off to clean them.

"He is becoming a calculated danger to this police force and to this investigation. Either Hinrich goes into hiding, or we find a way to use him, watch him. He has nothing to lose." I put my glasses back on, getting used to the inherent darkness of these offices. "For him, it won't be about the badge anymore."

OOC: Let the good (bad) times roll!

20. Mattashell

Mattashell Before punk,there were NUGGETS

(My last post took place at around 9AM, which is about an hour ahead of everyone else. So I'm not going to put a time up for this one, and we can pretend these events are more in sink witht he others. Besides that my character doesn't wear a watch anyway, it's probably earlier than he thinks. :anime: )

MH:

I bust throught he door to the squat. Most of the kids are out, except for a few too deep in thier stoopers and k-holes the be mobile...and Sean.

He's standing there smiling. "I've been waiting for you to come to your senses.

WHACK!

I sucker punched him, then kicked him hard in the stomache. He goes down. His sheer size makes him overconfident, but he's no match for my skill. I'm about to get down on the ground with him, teach him about grappling, but he pleads.

"What the f- is wrong with you, crazy cracka! I just need to talk with you!"

He props himself into sitting possition. "I'm trying to help you out crazy white boy. You don't want to get mixed up with that. You want some tail? Look around, there's more than enough to go around here. That one's a minx, she's trouble, you don't want that."

"I'm listening."

"She wanted to turn you in. Hell, it was me and my boyz what talked her out of it. I don't want the cops coming down on this joint. Not only would I be shut down, but this place would be boarded up, these kids would have no place to go."

I can't beleave he wants me to think he cares about these kids, the same ones he peddles his poison to, but I barely notice. The 'turning in' comment is what pierces the armor. "I don't know what your talking about..."

"She didn't tell you, I should have known white boy, or should I say Michael Henry. That's right, everyone knows who you are, your picture was in every post office, on every television, a few months ago. And who do you think was the first to recognize you, the same one that wanted to turn you over for the reward money and get out of this life. It was Kenya! I saved your ass, you ought to be kissing my ass instead of kicking it."

My face turns white. In the passion, in the heat of the moment last night. She was calling out my name, and I never even noticed, it all was so natural...so right.

He reads my expression. "It looks like you need to have a talk wit her, doesn't it. See for yourself."

(Well it looks like I'm in the middle of some personal developments while you guys are building the main plot to its climax, but that's allright. I'll meet up with you down the line. If the mystery DOES get solved, and the killers caught, I don't think that should be the end of this. Reality has no beginnings or ends, so let the thread live on, I say.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.