1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

R.I.P. The Legendary Lemmy of MOTÖRHEAD (1945-2015)

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by defunctzombie, Dec 28, 2015.

1. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

2. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

He hasn't been in great condition in the past few years. Motorhead has had to cut back their touring schedule a bit, and have canceled a high amount of shows in the past few years. He even switched from whiskey to red wine, and then vodka!

This is such a blow. Motorhead's general formula ran a little too thin for me to put the band on my al;-time favorites, but I like more of their stuff than not, and Lemmy was the real deal all around. A great guy and a solid musician. And I especially feel bad about missing his show with Anthrax and Crobot in September.

RIP

3. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I first heard of Lemmy when I was a burgeoning metal head at the start of high school and my friend introduced me to Motorhead. Being a wrestling fan, Triple H made good use of Lemmy's distinct voice 3 times. Not the news I was hoping to read today at work :(

Rest in Power Lemmy.

4. Weatherman

Weatherman Space...not what it used to be
    Staff Member Reporter

Got to see Motorhead once on the Mayhem Festival 2012 tour. They almost stole show. Still annoyed in missed them on 2008 due to bad traffic and bad venue location. Ian "Lemmy" Kilmister is and always will be one of the truly unique manifestations of Rock 'N Roll. Raise a Jack Daniels to him tonight...a little for Philthy Phil to, Motorhead's original drummer, who died not too long ago as well.

#4 Weatherman, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  5. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Lord Vader

That's what I listened to in his honor after I heard the news. Loved their version of The Game. Didn't realize their were 3 songs that they did. Was one of them King of Kings? What was the third?

6. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Motorhead I believe did Evolution's theme as well