1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

R.I.P. Janet Waldo

Discussion in 'The Voice Actors Appreciation Society' started by PinkiePie97, Jun 13, 2016.

1. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

2. Steve Carras

Steve Carras SUGAR RUSH!!!!

RIP to a longtime favorites. Originally a longtime network radio sitcom favorite as the title show's proto-Judy like Corliss Archer.

3. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

No that Janet Waldo has passed away, there's only 1 longtime since circa 1940's-1950's cartoon voice actress still alive (and in her 90's too) - June Foray.

4. Toon Master

Toon Master Active Member

This sucks, farewell to yet another legend. I really do hate 2016. R.I.P. Janet Waldo.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

She also did commercials, although I'm only aware that she did Barbie commercials (as the announcer). She was also Aunt Dete in "The Story of Heidi", an English dubbed compilation film based on the the 1974 anime series "Heidi, Girl of the Alps", one of the few roles where she uses her normal voice (that I'm aware of, anyway). She had a number of different roles in another anime dub, "The Adventures of the Little Prince", and yes, she was Jun the Swan, or rather "Princess" in Gatchaman, or rather "Battle of the Planets", which, unfortunately was one of the earliest anime "macekres". Just saying. However, she'll probably be best remembered for the roles she did for Hanna-Barbera.

Oh yeah, she reprised her role as Penelope Pitstop for the Wacky Races video game that came out for the Sega Dreamcast (John Stephenson also reprised his roles as Luke, and his co-pilot Blubber Bear).

6. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Janet's resume also includes one gig at Filmation. She voiced Lana Lang in the Adventures of Superboy shorts (1966-9), and did some work for Ruby-Spears, especially after they became a sister company to H-B. Did some live action work, too, co-starring opposite Tony Franciosa in Valentine's Day and landing guest roles on Petticoat Junction, The Andy Griffith Show, I Love Lucy, & The Lucy Show, among other places. Her role on Lucy Show had her character married to a pre-Hollywood Squares Peter Marshall!

7. SinonSniper1999

SinonSniper1999 New Member

8. Action!

Action! Active Member

R.I.P, She was a great actor.

9. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Another iconic voice gone :(, R.I.P Janet.

10. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

Oh boy, here we go again. 2016 must hate legends.

• Like Like x 1