1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Question about remastered Beatles US albums

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by Toon Master, Apr 4, 2015.

1. Toon Master

Toon Master Active Member

I'm a big Beatles fan and I have all of their albums, the only problem being that these are the stereo versions, and not the definitive mono versions that the Beatles themselves worked on. I have been thinking about getting the mono box set for a while, but the problem is I really don't want to spend the money on it currently. I have found that on the recently re-released remastered US albums, that the mono mixings of the tracks are available as well as the stereo versions (and yes I know these are not the definitive albums and do not have the same track listings as the official UK albums), but one question remains before I buy these albums, are these the same mono mixings of the songs that were made available in the 2009 mono box set or are these just fake mono, like what you can do with stereo tracks on an iPod?

I have considered buying these because they are actually sold separately, unlike the official albums mixed in mono in the mono box set.

2. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

3. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

If they're the US versions, then they should be true (the "stereo" ones are actually fake as many Capitol recordings of that time used the infamous "duophonic" process). That said, the US albums omit a LOT of content from the UK albums in favor of The Beatles' many non-album hit singles of the time.

4. rggkjg1

rggkjg1 Batman v Superman

If you have a record player, it might be cheaper to buy the mono vinyl releases (used original, not newly remastered) than which ever CDs you look in to. Even if you have to buy a record player, I still think it might be a little cheaper.