1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

punk music

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by mxyzptlk, May 2, 2001.

1. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

i feel like a little kid cause i do not have the resources to concerts and it sucks waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa:(

2. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

hey

hey dick grayson i just got the dead kenedys song nazi punk cant post the rest of the title i thought it was very good but not better than the misfits.

3. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

"Nazi Punk..." is arguably one of their best songs, as well as "Kill The Poor". And no, as evil as these songs sound, they're anti-government and are singing about the actions of the government towards the poor. Good band!

4. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

yeah thats one thing i dont like about allotta to almost all punk bands is they believe in anarchy and in my opinion that is one of the dumbest things like ever:cool:

5. joker

joker Rock N' Roll Heart

misfits were so much better with danzig. he was so cool but now hes sucks cause hes a jerk. oh well. about anarchy, i would agree with mxy on that. i think its funny when the wanna be punks say they want anarchy and they cant tell me what it is. ha. but who would. after i explain it to them they change thier mind. ive only heard a couple of songs by the dead kenedys and i didnt really like them. just to bleh. a very good band i have recently discoverd is the subhamans. there one of the best british punk bands ive ever heard, there were only a band for a year and they put out 5 cds. they are very good. i also like black flag. henry rules. rise above is one of the best songs ever. blah blah blah

6. Samhaine

Samhaine Time To Relax

Well, I don't have to drive very far for shows. Just about every tour comes through Pittsburgh. I did drive an hour and a half to get to Pittsburgh from school to see Less Than Jake and A New Found Glory, but that was soooo worth it.

7. The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight The saddles do what now?

BLINK 182 IS A GREAT POP I MEAN PUNK BAND EVER! SO STOP DISSIN' BLINK!

8. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

blink 182 sucks so lets not get into that so this thread is not thrown out. subhumans are very good for british punk i would have to say the clash and the sex pistols tower over them.:p

9. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

hey whats every bodies favorite punk band:D lets keep this movin its been such a fun thread for me cause i get to talk and argue with people about my favorite type of music .:D

10. Batmite

Batmite Guest

misfits, nofx, ramones, rancid,and a bunch of others but this should get the thread started.:D

11. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

misfits sex pistols and the old vandals;)

12. joker

joker Rock N' Roll Heart

anti-flag, old misfits,

13. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

[color=6666cc] not a punk fan myself, but i have to say the names the bands have are really funny. sloppy meat eaters?

yeesh.:rolleyes: [/color]

14. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

Not so much into the straight punk scene nowadays and opt for more rock/punk hybrid's (which is where my band currently sits). Used to really enjoy irish punk band Compulsion and a small London trio I used to see occasionally called Staplegun. They couldn't sing very well, the production was awful, but there was just something unique about them. Perhaps the fact I liked them and no one else did.

15. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

sounds kinda like a local birmingham al. band i heard awful production and not the best singer but i still thought they were really good:D

16. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

hey all

hey name your favorite anarchy songs mine are anarchy for the uk by the sex pistols and anarchy burger by the vandals:D

17. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

the clash

who loves this great 70s british punk band they have some really great songs like london calling, should i stay or should i go, and rock the casbah:D

18. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

hey i was thinkin and lookin through the annigen boardsand decided to bring it back. so how do you feel about anarchy cause this a punk threads. i find it very stupid and a posers way to feel like a punk. cause they have no idea what it means but they see a anarchy symbol on jonny rotten t shirt so they decided to support it.

for all who dont know here isthe definition for anarchy.
    anarchy-a stateof society without government or law.
    in tranzlation someone can rob you kill you or do anything they want without a penalty.

19. The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight The saddles do what now?

Other than Blink -182- I like Sum*41 and SR-71.

20. Split56

Split56 Guest

It doens't matter if Green Day, Fenix, Ataris and Blink aren't punk, they make good music (especially Green Day) and that's all that matters. If a band isn't punk, you guys hate them. That's freakin stupid. My definition of selling out, is when a band changes the style of their music, not for themselves, but for the money.
    Blink182 did not sellout. From Cheshire Cat to Enema, their talent has gotten better. So they are going to be making more complicated songs, because of this. Another reason is their newer drummer, Travis. This can explain all the different tempo changes. Scott and Travis' style in drumming is way different and you can't expect the same crap.
    And Blink182 sounds nothing like pop music, how can you say they're pop.