1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

punk music

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by mxyzptlk, May 2, 2001.

1. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

i was just kidding although i hate those bands

2. Batmite

Batmite Guest

hey dudes, i got a thingy. mxy, guess who this is. same to you joker. :D

3. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

hey

nice to see u finally signed up
    call joker if u want to know how to put a picture on your name

4. Batmite

Batmite Guest

Re: How about some *real* punk?

I don't think most of you guys know what real punk is.

I suggest that you listen to the CD of "London Calling" by the Clash.

the clash sucks monkey butts. the misfits are soooo much better. in my opinion the clash is one of the worst bands ever. but that is just my opinion. some of my favorite bands are misfits, nofx, voodoo glow skulls, 88 fingers louie, ramones,and the mr. t experience. these are just a few of the bands i like though.

5. Batmite

Batmite Guest

Speaking of the Warped Tour, is anyone gonna go this year? They have Me First and the Gimmie Gimmies, Less Than Jake, Snapcase, and a bunch of other ones. Looks to be good. [/B][/QUOTE]

i wanna go, like super bad but i live in alabama and i doubt my pops will drive me to atlanta just to see a concert. that makes me bummed.
    :(

6. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

to say the clash sucks monkey butts?

to say the clash sucks monkey butts in my opinion does not make sense cause most the bands u listed probley look up to the clash as one of the biggest influences in their music career.
    sorry that i put such rude remarks bud.

7. Batmite

Batmite Guest

Re: to say the clash sucks monkey butts?

that is my opinion! and i'm stickin to it. and why would anyone look up to the clash? they suck (MY OPINION!!!!!):mad:

8. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Hey...

Glad to see everything has smoothed. I was hoping it would. This has become quite a thread.

9. Inque

Inque Liquid Darkness

[color=6666cc]rock the casbah![/color]

10. James Harvey

LOL!

Good one, Inque...:)

11. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

cause the clash and a few other pioneer punk bands were the god fathers of punk and a lotta bands probley would say that the clash was one of the biggest influences on their musical career:mad:

12. joker

joker Rock N' Roll Heart

any one heard of ips? there a really good new school punk band.

#52 joker, May 11, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 21, 2001
  13. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

bring this back

hey we cant let this die this is one of the biggest threads i have ever seen we have to revive it so new topic who likes the sex pistols i think they are great and who like the misfits:p

14. James Harvey

I was hoping this thread would end while it was good, but maybe we can revive it. The MISFITS are pretty good, although their new album wasn't that great. Not as good as DEAD KENNEDYS, but good indeed.

15. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

yeah i have a friend who is not on the boards and he loves the dead kennedys although i myself havent really had that much eposure to them and are you talkin about famous monsters i thought although that had a different style i still thought it was a pretty good cd. :rolleyes: :eek: :( :cool:

16. James Harvey

It was good, definatly, but just not as good as some of their earlier stuff. Although I had the pleasure of seeing them live this past October and I was just blown away! They were just amazing live. I'd recommend you search out Dead Kennedies stuff, although it is a bit expensive.

17. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

they are my favorite band and i live in the heart of dixie and i am to young to drive and the closest the come is atlanta so their is practicly no chance of me getting to se them any time soon:mad:

18. James

James Administrator
    Staff Member Moderator

How far is the furthest anyone's travelled to see a gig? Here in the UK, obviously the distances are a lot shorter (London to Glastonbury was considered a big distance as a 3 hour drive and that was for a 4 day event!). Personally, an 80 minute journey is as much as I like to travel to a gig but then I'm a lazy wuss!

19. mxyzptlk

mxyzptlk Guest

i dont gots a car so i dont have the oppritunity but to the locale bands show i have 30 min thats all:mad:

20. James Harvey

I drove two hours to see a musicfest headlined by major Canadian performers. Possibly the best concert I ever went to.