[PS4] "Kingdom Hearts III" Pre-release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Jun 10, 2013.

1. River26

River26 Active Member

2. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I would have figured it would be a PS4 exclusive. They didn't say that, however.

3. River26

River26 Active Member

That's true. At least Microsoft fans won't be left out of the mix.

4. DarkGojira

DarkGojira What are you staring at?

And BOOM goes the dynamite.

It is interesting that they didn't say whether if it was a PS4 exclusive or not. I did wonder if they would also release this on the Wii U because of how Dream Drop Distance was released on Nintendo DS. But then again, this is next generation we're talking about, so I highly doubt it.

Man, with this game finally being in development, I feel as if they can still do so many things that they haven't got a chance to do yet, and explore new worlds that haven't been explored yet.

5. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator Moderator Reporter

They did leave the opening but...if KH 3 could've been announced for another console, it would've been. We'll see.

You all do realize what the best setting would be now, I hope, especially since there is no Tron 3 yet...Wreck-It Ralph. With PS4 power they should have no problem recreating that in full glitzy retro glory.

[video=youtube_share;npjBHFb0fZM]http://youtu.be/npjBHFb0fZM[/video]

6. Dudley

Dudley Moderator Moderator

We'll definetly get a Lilo and Stitch stage, considring how popular Stitch is in Japan.

7. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece New Member

If it is announce for another console, it'll be Nintendo. But it is in very early development stages. I'm guessing we won't get a date till E3 next year.

8. MagicBox

MagicBox xoBcigaM

Yeah, if this comes to anything else, it'll be the Wii U, and that's a HUGE "if."

And here I was thinking I already had this generation planned out. Buy a Wii U, buy a discounted PS3, and then catch up on all of the Sony exclusives I missed out on while enjoying brand new Nintendo goodness. But this pretty much changes all of that. Kingdom Hearts III is a system seller. Heck, it's THE system seller. I'd rather not buy both Sony consoles within the span of just a couple years. Oh, well. If only the PS4 were backwards compatible...

Okay, enough rambling. I really enjoyed the trailer. If the early gameplay footage is anything to go by, it looks like Donald and Goofy are our sidekicks again. I wouldn't have it any other way.

9. Scirel

Scirel WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?

Donald and Goofy are always the sidekicks in the main numbered games. It's tradition.

10. MagicBox

MagicBox xoBcigaM

There have only been two main numbered games. That's not enough for anyone to claim that they were "always" doing anything. After taking the ending of Dream Drop Distance into consideration, Square could have altered Sora's team any number of ways.

I'm very thankful they didn't.

11. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon! Moderator

Yes, yes, yes! My most awaited video game sequel finally announced! PS4, I need you!

12. FFmax

FFmax Pangoro's Bizarre Adventure

Now I need money for a PS4 now.

13. The Huntsman

Will they avoid redundancy this time around? I remember the first two games had a lot of overlap, with the same worlds being re-visited. I never played the handheld versions, except for a bit of the first one, and it seemed to re-use the same worlds as well. I know people will want to see some old favorites, but I have to believe they would be better off trying to explore worlds that they haven't used yet. Like Robin Hood.

14. Ryusuke

Ryusuke SomethingWithTheR

I am a very, very happy man.

15. Dudley

Dudley Moderator Moderator

I agree. I hope in future installments, they explore other worlds and not just ones based on the movies either. At least give us a Ducktales world, or something!
    Ah well if anything, hopefully we'll get to visit Pixar worlds this time.

16. EroSennin

EroSennin The Frog Hermit

I really hope we get a Marvel world. I can just picture a hilarious Wolverine/Daffy Duck interaction

17. Mandouga

Mandouga Active Member

I don't mean any offense, but I think you're going to need to provide a better source than that. I could only find rumor and speculation about it, with the topic creator claiming that it "turned out to be true", or something like that.

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

18. Radiant

Radiant Foreverrrrr!

Of course it comes to the PS4. I knew that was the most likely case, but I wanted to believe otherwise. I really don't want to buy a console for a single game. Although with all of the other titles that the Wii U is missing out on for no reason whatsoever that might not be the case. In fact, if Nintendo does not impress at their ND, I might be getting a PS4 instead.

I didn't want this to happen. =(

This is legit, and was shown in the Sony conference, with a trailer.

19. The Huntsman

20. Radiant

Radiant Foreverrrrr!

It's coming to the Xbox One, but not the Wii U?

FML. Just FML.

To add salt to the wound, they said this:

"He added that in order to reach the most fans, Square Enix has to flexible regarding which platforms their games will launch on."

I do not understand. I understand making it PS4 exclusive, but I do not get this. The Xbox has never had a KH game before. If you're trying to be flexible and reaching out to more fans, you would have to release it on the Wii U.

That's just a big slap in the face to us Nintendo KH fans.