1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

[PS4] "Final Fantasy XV" Pre-release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Jun 10, 2013.

1. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

It's also safe to say that they can now push forward with development, with it being at 55%. The next update will be in Japan's December event.

2. cwjakesteel

cwjakesteel This grass tastes like pants.

Actually I've never played an FF game before. I'm interested in this one because it looks like the gameplay I want. I have seen people play FF but I guess the ridiculousness just never hit me until now because these characters look much more realistic and less "gamey" per se. But I've never found the characters from the previous instalments of FF to be over the top in their choice of clothing as a personal expression. Maybe it's because the graphics are so good and they look more human and also maybe because I was younger I thought that their freakish clothing had some sort of meaning, some symbolism. Today, I would call their looks "over-compensating." You know, like when someone buys a Hummer and then everyone knows they have a small...

3. River26

New trailer is up.

[video=youtube;EJ2Kwyz_RfU]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EJ2Kwyz_RfU[/video]

4. Ryusuke

Ryusuke SomethingWithTheR

Here it is in Japanese, if anyone's interested.
    [video=youtube;5av_ZiUAoBI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5av_ZiUAoBI[/video]

And here are some more details. Huh, they plan on adding dual audio, or at least try to. I hope it works out. I'm not too fond of what I've heard so far, but hopefully the dub turns out fine in the end. That aside, the game looks AMAZING. I'm so glad we're seeing more and more of it now. And, I'm guessing the game gets less sluggish as the game progresses. If so, that's good. The music is pretty awesome too. I hope we get a release date sometime soon.

5. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

6. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

And along with Type-0 HD, it looks like this will be the first ever "M" rated Final Fantasy. If you try to go to the official website for either game, an age gate comes up...

7. River26

Yeah, I can tell that the world will be bigger than FFXIII's, hence it returning to classic FF roots of an open world. But with real-time combat.

8. River26

New details on Final Fantasy XV

DualShockers

Final Fantasy XV Demo Will Be Yours Until Deleted from Your PS4/Xbox One; Code Valid Until 2016 | DualShockers

9. River26

We've received quite a list of updates on Active Time Report 6.0. I'll list them via the notes below

- Answers were given to the fan feedback questions about the game's direction
    - Versus III portion has been wiped from XV. Though Tabata will try to include parts of Versus
    - New website coming around GamesCom
    - Luna has replaced Stella
    - 2nd Duscae Demo comes June 9
    - New trailer coming during GamesCom

10. River26

11. River26

- New cinematic trailer.

12. Pacman7821

Pacman7821 Member

13. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Square Enix embarrasses itself once again, with an "announcement of a release date announcement" from Siliconera, instead of "we'll announce the release date when the game's ready to go."

14. River26

To you maybe. Personally, I don't mind.

Final Fantasy XV's next venue is TGS.

15. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

I know I'm responding to an old comment but Final Fantasy gamwes have never been open world. Open world is where you can pretty much go where ever you want from the beginning. No main final fantasy has allowed that. The world generally does not open up until the final fourth of the games. Now yes the series has gotten more linear in later games but it's never been "open world."

FF 15 being open world is not a case of it returning to its roots its a case of square cashing in on the popularity of open world games. Not a bad thing just a different thing.

16. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

On the (near) horizon: a crazy event called "Uncovered: Final Fantasy XV" is being held in Los Angeles Wednesday night at 10 PM Eastern, and it will be livestreamed. They're promising "new information on the game as well as key surprises that speak to the full entertainment experience", and apparently an actual release date at last after years of waiting.

http://finalfantasyxv.com/uncovered/us/

17. Pacman7821

Pacman7821 Member

18. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

We're also getting a five-episode anime prequel, and a full-length CGI film sequel. Wow! They're going all out with this.

19. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

It's too bad you have to be "17 and over" to play it, if you know what I mean...

Just saying.

Also, you all realize this was never meant to be "Final Fantasy XV" in the first place, right? Oh sure, it may have at least some, if not all of the trademark elements (such as spells with the typical names), but I would go as far as to say that this is the first ever (second, if you count Type-0*) "in name only" Final Fantasy.

*This is not counting "Final Fantasy Adventure" (the original Seiken Densetsu, which as subtitled "Final Fantasy Gaiden"), the Final Fantasy Legend (SaGa) games, or "Final Fantasy: Mystic Quest".

20. River26

Here's a clip of Sony Pictures Entertainment's Kingslaive

*Movie will be a pack in with the PS4 Ultimate, Delux & D1 Edition only.
    *Actors from Breaking Bad will be lending their voices :).