1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

[PS4] "Final Fantasy XV" Pre-release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Jun 10, 2013.

1. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

We may have discovered our first english actor for the game.

Via Gematsu

source
    First English Final Fantasy XV voice actor revealed - Gematsu

2. River26

Update

The game is far in development

Via Gematsu

3. El-Hazard

El-Hazard I like birds

"Far in development", and "a very high priority within the company".
    I like hearing that.

I kinda had a feeling that once Lightning Returns was finished and released, that we'd start to hear a little bit more about XV.
    I'm really glad that Square-Enix has made this game into one of it's major focuses,
    which now that's it's been made into a mainline game in the series, rather than a spin-off like it originally was, I guess I shouldn't be too surprised about that.

I'm glad that now, we're gonna be able to hear more about it, or at least I hope so.
    I hope I'm not rambling here.

4. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

So maybe only a decade after its initial announcement if we're lucky?

Well now that XIII proper is over, it might be a little more believable when they say things like this.

5. gin sensei

gin sensei New Member

If this game comes out before 2017 I'll be positively shocked. I'm not buying into anymore trailers I wont get excited for this game until I get my hands on a playable demo.

6. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Remember, Final Fantasy XV has already been in development for years. I can believe we could well see this in 2015.

7. Scirel

Scirel WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?

Ditto here. Likely early 2015. I`m also fairly certain that most of the team has transferred over to KH3 at this point, and it's at the "finishing touches / debug " stage now.

8. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

They've probably actually created and scrapped at least three nearly full versions by now.

9. River26

Like last year's E3, Square Enix will be showing Final Fantasy XV in some form or another.

Final Fantasy XV Game And Engine Development Is Coming Along Steadily, Breaking Into "Important Phase" | GearNuke

10. River26

TGS 2014 trailer

[video=youtube;wT3dyanB3pk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wT3dyanB3pk&feature=youtu.be[/video]

11. mumbo

mumbo Look skyward

With there not being anything about a release date or year at the end of the trailer, I think we can pretty much guarantee this game's not coming out in 2015. As expected. Maaaaaybe 2016 but even then I'll be surprised.

12. River26

Yeah. Well, good thing that is we get to play a portion of the game with the purchase of Final Fantasy Type-0 HD.

13. Scirel

SO a "Road trip through a fantasy world". Pretty cool and fresh, I`d say it's exactly what FF needs.

14. River26

Yeah, seems we get a return to the old FF roots of open world exploration, mixed with real-time combat. Which is cool.

15. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Yeah, well don't forget. This wasn't originally intended to be a traditional Final Fantasy game. It was previously called "Final Fantasy Versus XIII"...

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

16. River26

Yeah that's true. And this was to be completed as that and to be on PS3/360.

17. cwjakesteel

cwjakesteel This grass tastes like pants.

Am I the only one that thinks the main characters look absolutely ridiculous? They look like they are cosplaying a fading-in-popularity bi-shonen J-Pop boyband 24/7 (and I have a few forum rule-breaking things to say about them too). But the car...the car is what completely sold the stupidity of how those four guys looked (or was one of them a girl? Maybe all of them were girls?).

I am interested in the game because of how the gameplay looked. It looks like how Dragon Dogma 2 could be, and I can't rely on Capcom to make that game. So thanks Square Enix.

But the way they are dressed...their demeanor...the freaking car...I...just why? Does that actually appeal to some people? Are they trying to increase the female players in gaming?

Can any of you take whatever story FFXV throws at you seriously when the characters look like THAT?

18. Scirel

19. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

I take is no less seriously than I do any of the other games. I'd say the fashion is a pretty good mix of what one might see in a Japanese fashion magazine while also being suitable for combat within the world of the story. The main character's hair is pretty standard idol fair, too. The men all look identifiably male, too.

If we're going to call this stupid we might as well call the rest of the franchise stupid. A guy with a gun on his arm? Stupid. A guy with a big-ass sword and spikey blond hair? Stupid. Using cute animals for support functions or to save? Stupid.

20. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Yea but that's fun stupid ;)

I don't think these guys look dumb, a bit generic. The car is odd though, looks a bit product placement-y but it's just a car. That one monster they drive by was cool shot of how huge it was.