1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

(PS3)Shin Megami Tensei: PERSONA 5 (News/Pre-Release Discussions)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Nov 24, 2013.

1. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

#1 River26, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited: Jun 24, 2015
  2. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

With the recent Sega news, if they didn't announce this today at that huge highly promoted Persona event, more than 5 years after the original PS2 Persona 4, a lot of gamers' respect for Atlus would have fallen to levels seen for Capcom right now IMO. Also, just because this was announced for PS3 in Japan, does not necessarily means it's a PS3 exclusive. Because the 360 has never sold much in Japan, announcing a 360 release for that market would have been pointless. Sega's influence might be seen in international releases, if a 360 version is announced in the future.

3. Takao

Takao Fight the darkness all around

Atlus announced a whole bunch of Persona related stuff:

Persona Q: Shadow of the Labyrinth on the 3DS. It's a spinoff chibi dungeon crossover crossover between Persona 3, and 4. It shares staff with the Etrian Odssey games and is set for release on June 5th in Japan.

Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold for Arcades, and PS3. This is the followup to the Persona 4 Arena fighting game developed by Arc System Works. The arcade version will be released on November 28, with the PS3 version set for next summer.

Persona 4 Dancing All Night is a rhythm game for PS Vita. Developed by Dingo (behind the Hatsune Miku Project Diva series) this game's release is set for fall of next year.

4. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

A Persona dacing game. And here I thought the fighting game was weird choice for the Persona series.

5. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Well-Known Member

I think people forget that Persona is a spin off of a spin off and not a main series (Though it might as well be in America since the popularity of the SMT franchise as a whole over here seems to surround Persona.) So Atlus taking a while to make a new game in the series does not make them as bad as Capcom. Besides they tend to take long breaks between the games in their series to maintain the quality. The breaks between the main SMT games is even much father then the persona titles.

Not releasing a title as quickly as you like is not enough to earn Capcon related hate. For that they have to screw over their fans at every tern.

On a brighter note I plan on getting my first PS3 this year and I would be happy if thanks to games like Persona 5 the PS3 still has a few years of life left in it. I mean the PS2 managed to remain strong for a couple years even with the new consoles breathing down it's neck. So maybe the PS3 can too.

6. River26

Along with PS3, Persona 5 will be coming to PS4 as well.

[video=youtube_share;oPdzZTSLW8I]http://youtu.be/oPdzZTSLW8I[/video]

7. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Banned

Companions,

i heard a lot of good things about the series. i purchased the third one but haven't started playing it yet. if i like it i might check out #4 and this one.

8. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

9. accookies

accookies Member

Playing through persona 4 golden in anticipation for this game and my gosh I can not wait

10. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

A new trailer has leaked. I've never played a Persona game before, but this does have me interested.

11. River26

It's an interesting series :). I played P3, skipped P4. But now will look into Persona 5.

12. River26

English cast confirmed

Atlus USA Confirms English VO's