Properties you would love to see as an animated series

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Dr.Pepper, Mar 28, 2014.

1. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

What are some movies/video games/comic/whatever you would (or would have) like to see as an animated series. This is just a wishlist, so it doesn't have to be realistic. For me:
    Dr. Slump:I know that it already had two series, but I would love to see a newer series that actually gets dubbed into English and played in the U.S.
    Professor Layton: IMO this just screams to be made into a series because the games follow a distinct story line and it is animated like a French cartoon. Not to mention that I thought the movie was pretty good. I can imagine having puzzles to solve when they go to a commercial break.
    Beanie Babies: I know this wouldn't make much sense now, but I would have loved to see a show like this back when they were big. In my imagination, the show had the Original Nine as the main characters, with the other Beanies as characters of the day.

2. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Hellboy. I honestly preferred the animated movies over the live action ones, and a series like that would just do wonders. After all, it's not the only comic book character that had animated media that much of the public believed was superior to its live action movie counterpart, and I'm sure you know exactly what I'm talking about

3. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

At the moment, I'd say Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon

the game even had a trailer done in the style of an Saturday morning cartoon, and I think if done right, it could be to 80s cartoons what The Venture Bros. are to 60s cartoons

also would like to see a show based on Justice League Dark, considering how people are getting tired of traditional superheroes, this team of freaks and outcasts could be a breath of fresh air, and they could also work as a dark comedy

And then there is also Super Meat Boy, if Angry Birds and the Rabbits can pull a show then why not this lil guy

4. ABrown

ABrown Active Member

The Terminator franchise has always had great potential to be an animated series. I remember a few years back there was talks about Terminator appearing in animated form. Don't know what ever came of that.

5. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

Aliens, Metroid, and Wonder Woman- I lumped them all together, because they all have the same reasonings. Each of them are perfect for any age and all have so much possibility for success. Crazy and spooky worlds, monsters, and creatures for the boys, tough and awesome female leads for the girls, and some delicious eye candy for the dads. It's perfect.

Indiana Jones and Pirates of the Carribean- Swashbuckling adventures, different enviroments, and likable leads, all wrapped up in a beautiful present for me. Disney, make it happen.

6. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Fiery Felon

Rayman: Specifically Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends, the most recent video games in the franchise. Their slapstick humor and adventurous themes would be great for a cartoon. I know there was a short lived TV adaptation decades ago, but it wasn't good. Origins and Legends already look as if they come from a 2D cartoon so it wouldn't be hard adapt them. I would especially like to see the oil painting art style of Rayman Legends be used for a Rayman cartoon.

The Adventures of Dr. McNinja: This is one crazy awesome webcomc, not to mention well drawn. If Axe Cop could get his own cartoon, then I can see Dr. McNinja getting his own cartoon as well.

The Order of the Stick: This Dungeon and Dragons based fantasy webcomic may very well be one of the best well written webcomics I have ever read. It's amazing how it went from a simple gag-a-day strip to having a complex plot and universe that still manages to have humor. Plus, with over 900 pages, there is plenty of material to be adapted. The webcomic's simplistic art style (the characters are practically stick figures) would make it easy to have smooth animation, but I wonder if it would turn people away from the story.

Pocket God: This popular iOS game has an ongoing digital comic book adaption that is also well-received (so far there's 25 issues that are $0.99 each and it's one of my favorite comic series right now). Its developer, Bolt Creative, has also made an animated Christmas special (it was decent). The comic really expanded the Pocket God world and I wonder what it would be like as an animated series.

Here's the Pocket God Christmas special if anyone wants to take a look at it.
    [video=youtube;XGc4GFUjs80]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGc4GFUjs80[/video]

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 30, 2014
  7. Kung-Fu Yoshi

Kung-Fu Yoshi Hi

They should make a new Super Mario Bros. cartoon. They don't show the DiC episodes anymore, and besides, everyone loves Mario. They could show off characters from newer games, and probably make a better SMB cartoon.

But they're not making one now, so I'll just wait for Sonic Boom.

8. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 New Member

Did Guilty Gear get a series already? If not I go for that.

9. Zorak Masaki

Zorak Masaki Active Member

A Judge Dredd series aimed at an older audience would be neat to see.

10. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Member

Power Girl: So far, almost every franchise from DC Comics has become an animated series. I think Power Girl should have her own. Besides the cleavage, her appearance is picture perfect. It'd be even better if Grey DeLisle were the one to voice her.

Love and Capes: I kinda like it. The best comic strips I've seen were Abby telling Mark to sweep her off her feet and another where Mark and Abby are at the beach. It should be even more enjoyable without profanity.

Ecco the Dolphin: I thought all three Ecco games: Original, Tides of Time, and Ecco Jr. were the best. Ecco should have his own cartoon show, too.

11. EJLD4Ever

EJLD4Ever Animation Student

This one is odd but here goes:
    Pigs in Space: The Muppets are no strangers to the world of animation, and now that Disney owns the Muppets, I’d love to see this one. PIS:TAS would be a Duck Dodgers-style sci-fi show capitalizing on the recent trend of action-comedy cartoons (PPG, KND, Xiaolin Showdown and such). I can totally see Jeff Bennett voicing Captain Link Hogthrob (who’s been silent since Jim Henson’s passing…)

12. FidgitStyles

FidgitStyles Meh

How about, instead of a series centered around Mario, why not one centered around the Koopalings instead, but in the style of Ed, Edd 'N' Eddy.

13. NZ Storm-petrel

NZ Storm-petrel Pizzaland (1997)

Well, I'd love to see a cartoon about a scene girl. <3

But other stuff i'd like to see:

Driver - A cartoon focusing on Tanner solving car-missions in Havana, Rio and Las Vegas.

Carmageddon - A show focusing on Max Damage and his opponents, it would not be for kids however.

Tropico 2: Pirate Cove - A cartoon about a pirate leader/ruler of an Island in the Caribbean.

Vault Boy (Fallout) - He needs to get his own cartoon!

World of Warcraft:
    Cartoon about a Draenei Shammy, rising to a hero in the world of Azeroth.. eheheh <3 ofcourse it'd be my Shammy girl, Corlene!

Minecraft - Self-explanatory

Lego Island: It should have been a cartoon too!