1. Enter to win a "Kubo and the Two Strings" prize pack! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Princess Pi vs. the Alpha...." Talkback

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Oct 30, 2011.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!
    Staff Member Moderator

http://www.platypuscomix.net/princesspi/index.php?issue=8&page=1&seriesID=12

Aside from Heiress A Parent, this is my favorite cartoon of the fall. After a rather gloomy first appearance, this Sam character somehow became incredibly funny to me. I loved just about everything she kept saying. And I think Princess Pi found its groove with this story.

Originally known as "Princess Pi vs. The Libby" before TVTropes corrected the issue that the cartoon originally complained about:

[​IMG]

Also, for this scene to work I had to contradict something I'd said earlier about Pi inventing TVTropes. In any other series I would have worked around it, but this is supposed to be a lawless series where I can throw such continuity worries away, so I made the contradiction the joke. A third person will probably be credited for inventing it later.

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Wubba Lubba Dub Dub!
    Staff Member Moderator

3. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

Of course, Sam Adams also works as a beer joke, so I think that joke still holds up on a different level.

Probably one of your best and funniest action sequences yet - I always enjoy seeing you write car chases. The whole "You'll take my brains out through my nose!" conversation is brilliant.

4. Anyone00

Anyone00 The Moltar-Snork

You should totally merch that generic-anime-girl t-shirt.