"Power Rangers Super Samurai" Season Two, Part One (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by veemonjosh, Feb 18, 2012.

1. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Power Rangers Samurai returns!

[​IMG][​IMG]

As the war against Master Xandred wages on, a new evil emerges from the Sanzu River: the Nighlok King himself! Using the power of the Black Box, as well as the mysterious Shogun Buckle, the rangers will find themselves using new Super powers and new Zords to combat these powerful foes. But soon, the Red Ranger's secret will have to be revealed...

An adaptation of Super Sentai 33, Samural Sentai Shinkenger, Power Rangers Super Samurai is exclusive to Nickelodeon and NickToons.

Episode Guide:

---Season Two (2012)---
    21. Super Samurai - 2/18
    22. Shell Games - 2/25
    23. Trading Places - 3/3
    24. Something Fishy - 3/10
    25. The Rescue - 3/17
    26. The Bullzord - 3/24
    27. He Ain't Heavy Metal, He's My Brother - 3/31
    28. Kevin's Choice - 4/7
    29. Runaway Spike - 4/14
    30. The Strange Case of the Munchies - 4/21
    31. A Sticky Situation - 4/28
    32. Trust Me - 5/5
    33. The Master Returns - 5/12
    34. A Crack in the World - 10/13
    35. Stroke of Fate - 11/3
    36. Fight Fire with Fire - 11/10
    37. The Great Duel - 11/17
    38. Evil Reborn - 11/24
    39. The Sealing Symbol - 12/1
    40. Samurai Forever - 12/8

Holiday Specials
    -------------------------
    Trickster Treat - 10/27
    Stuck on Christmas - 12/15

Previous Power Rangers Premiere Talkbacks:
    Jungle Fury
    RPM - Part 1 / Part 2
    Mighty Morphin' Power Rangers (Reversioned)
    Samurai - (Season 1): Part 1/Part 2

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2012
  2. veemonjosh

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 21 - Super Samurai
    Originally aired: February 18th, 2012

The Rangers search for open pools of Sanzu water, which need to be covered.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 25, 2012
  3. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

Great episode :anime:
    Nice to see that they open the black box
    My favorite parts are Megazord battle and the Bulk and Spike scene XD

4. Terror of Death

Terror of Death New Member

Even with a lesser amount of Sentai footage this show still stinks. Same ol' bland and cliched dialogue, middle school level film acting, cheesy music and camerawork, dated comedy, and uninteresting storylines and characters. The only positive is that this show looks good in HD.

I just hope Saban Brands does a complete 180 for the 2013 series. Samurai is easily the worst and most unoriginal season in PR history.

5. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

Just so you know, the count only needs to go up to 40. Last year they aired 20 Samurai episodes plus those three specials. They've only got 20 more episodes to go, although one of them, as you know, aired today.

6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi

But . . . there are only 20 episode spaces there. So there will only be 17 episodes? ;)

7. veemonjosh

No, Super Samurai is 20 episodes.

Anyways, on to today's episode!

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 22 - Shell Game
    Originally Aired: February 25, 2012

A hard-shelled Nighlok proves to be a formidable opponent; Antonio loses an important item, and two wannabe Samurais find it.

8. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

The monster of the week was cool
    My favorite parts are Red Ranger made a joke,the action scenes,and Spike and Bulk scenes XD

9. veemonjosh

MASSIVE spoilers are out for the rest of the season.

10. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

Why would anyone want to spoil the entire season for themselves? That's something I'll never understand.

11. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

I did it for six seasons of Smallville. It didn't affect my viewing experience at all. Heck, anyone who reads a Japanese comic with a TV adaption will know this, too.

Anyhow, Super Samurai is basically copying the rest of Samurai Sentai Shinkenger. If Saban keeps this up I think I'll continue to just ignore Power Rangers.

12. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

Ah, I'm a sucker for Koichi Sakamoto's fight choreography, I won't lie, even when PR adheres a little too closely to Sentai, he seldom ceases to choreograph impressive action. Have I mentioned I miss Judd Lynn and Jackie Marchand ;p? I've been watching a bit of Samurai intermittently, must admit, I'm not all that impressed. Looks like Saban getting the franchise back didn't turn out to be the shining beacon many fans hoped, it would be. Still, as long as its doing well financially, I suppose we can always hope they'll then it around at some point in the future.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 2, 2012
  13. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Dang, it sounds like the last quarter of the series will be nothing but filler-free story goodness. That's even impressive by Saban standards.

14. Storm Eagle

Surprisingly enough, seeing those episode descriptions didn't spoil me much.

15. veemonjosh

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 23 - Trading Places
    Originally Aired: March 3, 2012

A Nighlok transfers people's spirits into objects, and four of the Rangers fall victim to him.

16. Storm Eagle

It could technically be 21 episodes if "Clash of the Red Rangers" is meant to fit anywhere among them, but that's a discussion best saved for later.

I've been enjoying the episodes so far, although "Shell Game" was a bit blah.

I'll admit that this is somewhat of a nitpick, but I'm getting a bit concerned about the rangers' wardrobe. It's starting to look as though they're going back to wearing the same civilian clothes in pretty much every episode. That's what they did from Lost Galaxy to Wild Force. I like the way Emily looks in those shorts she has been wearing, but it wouldn't hurt to see her and the other rangers wear different clothing again.

17. HEATXZ

HEATXZ Duck Knght

Switchbeast is a cool monster of the week
    My favorite parts are Everyone souls being switch with junk and Antonio seeing a cat eating a fish and fainted XD

18. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

It seems to me they are rushing to show each of the Samurais using the black box and going super mode. We're only 3 episodes in, and they've already had 3 Rangers use it. At least in the Japanese version it was spaced out to be every 5 or so episodes.

While the acting is improved, and while I did like Switchbeast, I can honestly say I'm getting bored with the series. Shinkenger is my 2nd favorite Sentai series behind Gokaiger, but Samurai just doesn't have quite the same impact. I find myself looking forward to Bulk and Spike because that's different, but the rest is highly predictable.

19. veemonjosh

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 24 - "Something Fishy"
    Originally Aired - March 10th, 2012

Antonio's teammates try to help him conquer his new fear of fish. Meanwhile, Master Xandred gains an ally in his plan to flood the planet.

20. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

I was wondering how they would work the paper lantern into play. So they claim it's the light zord that has never been unlocked before. That's cool, I guess. I'm disappointed that they don't let it have its own personality, like in the Sentai version, but hey, whatever works in the long run as long as it doesn't hinder the storyline.

It was hilarious watching the Rangers be forced to face their fears. Bulk and Spike trying to save the neighborhood cat and then getting caught in the tree was also a cool distraction. Still, it doesn't change how much better this could have been despite the acting being much improved if they had actually used more original footage.