1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Power Rangers Samurai" Season One Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by veemonjosh, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

DarkBlaze has reported at other message boards that we'll see the origin of the Samurai Rangers in September.

Additionally, fans will have the chance to experience the never-before-seen story of how the newest generation of Power Rangers came together in an all-new Power Rangers Samurai Origins special, which will air on Nickelodeon in September. The special takes viewers inside the dojo where the new Rangers received their martial arts training prior to their first adventures battling evil as a team.

http://licensingbook.com/tag/power-rangers

2. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

So in other words, most of us called it. NICK decided not to show the two part premiere right away befause they wanted to show it later as a "special", when in reality, this was supposed to have been the first episode(s) to be broadcast in the first place.

If we ever do see a Goseigers adaptation I really hope NICK doesn't try to pull this stunt again (I don't think it was Saban's idea in the first place; not sure, though). There's just no reason for it (at least IMHO).

3. Storm Eagle

You're right. There really is no reason for it. I don't care if it's an opinion or not.

When you said "I really hope Nick doesn't try to pull this stunt again", it was like we share the same brain. I pretty much said the same thing to someone about this when I was telling her about the upcoming origin story.

4. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Interesting news. I wonder if these (two, I assume) episodes will be considered unnumbered or episode #17-18? Hmm...

5. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

There's no reason why it would be unnumbered. The better question is if it will be counted as episodes 17-18 (assuming they don't air any new episodes between now and September, which would just be agonizing), or if Saban will go back and count these as episodes 1-2 (as they should be).

6. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

Usually episodes are assigned a number based on airing date rather than the production code. So the Origins special will most likely get one based on which episodes air before it.

7. Storm Eagle

New episodes are also said to resume in late August, so they might not be #17 and #18.

8. veemonjosh

I know, I was just repeating the numbers Jacob gave (which I found a bit absurd).

9. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I found this first at MovieWeb, and it also appears on the official Comic-Con 2011 Saturday schedule. The name of the Power Rangers Samurai panel is officially The Origins of the Power Rangers Samurai, an hour long panel. The big questions I have are: Why didn't this air on February 7 when every other Power Rangers season in history debuted with episode 1 of their season, and why did even a director of PRS, Peter Salmon, call The Team Unites episode 3 of Power Rangers Samurai yet Saban Brands said it was episode 1?

10. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

1) Not every Power Rangers series has premiered on February 3. In fact only Time Force actually premiered on February 3. If you were to do the average date of premieres, it certainly wouldn't be February 3. RPM didn't premiere until March, Zeo and Turbo didn't premiere until April (unless you're counting the Turbo movie in theaters), the original series premiered in August, and with the exceptions of Time Force and SPD every Power Rangers season from Lightspeed Rescue on til Samurai didn't premiere until the second week or later in February. Lets go through the various series.
    MMPR- August 28 (4th week of Aug)
    MMAR- February 5
    PRZ- April 20 (3rd week of Apr)
    PRT- April 19 (3rd week of Apr)
    PRiS- February 6
    PRLG- February 6
    PRLR- February 12 (2nd week of Feb)
    PRTF- February 3
    PRWF- February 9 (2nd week of Feb)
    PRNS- February 15 (3rd week of Feb)
    PRDT- February 14 (2nd week of Feb)
    PRSPD- February 5
    PRMF- February 20 (3rd week of Feb)
    PROO- February 26 (4th week of Feb)
    PRJF- February 18 (3rd week of Feb)
    PRRPM- March 3 (1st week of March)
    PRS- February 7
    So 6/19 series premiered on the first week of February, not even 33%.

2) Technically speaking it would be because the hour special was the first two filmed episodes. When Saban Brands decided to air them as an hour Origin special, then episode 3, The Team Unites, became the first aired episode, so it is episode 1 by being the first aired episode.

11. Dogbert

Dogbert I Don't See Gravity

You seem to have completely misread Tommy's post. PRS DID premier on February 7th as Tommy said, but not with the origin episode like every other season previously, which is what Tommy was getting at. And he's asking the latter question in a leading format to emphasize that the origin being aired later clearly wasn't the original intent (and thus why it being aired later is such a problem).

Also, we don't know that Saban / Saban Brands made the call to air the origin out of order. It could have been Nickelodeon's choice.

12. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

You are correct. I misread the first comment. However, I didn't misread the second one. You say that Nick may have chosen to air the third episode as the first one. I have one main thing that would combat that- the third episode has aired as the first episode everywhere. Typically with most shows if they are aired out of order in the US, they are aired in order in most other countries. That means that even if Nick chose to air the third episode first, Saban Brands adapted their info to change it to the first episode, making the third episode filmed the first episode everywhere. Given that most other countries air series in order while the US often does skip a few and air them out of order, that seems to indicate it was Saban Brands that ultimately decided to combine the first two episodes together as a special instead of keeping them separate as the first two episodes. And as for why it didn't air on February 7, Nick was only willing to give it a half hour slot at that time. If Saban was treating it as a full hour and Nick was only willing to give it a half hour slot, then it forced Saban Brands to wait on airing the "hour special" until Nick was willing to air it.

13. NinjaJack

NinjaJack Active Member

14. Prof Ultimate

Prof Ultimate Member

^ For the week ending May 15. Still, a great showing, considering the sluggish start.

15. veemonjosh

So, does anyone with NickToons have any idea what the "Power Play" reruns are exactly? More specifically, what are these "never-before-seen" extras that they keep mentioning on Facebook?

Like, is there deleted scenes? Behind-the-scenes interviews? Commentary?

16. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

Nope. They're just new scenes of the Rangers (In character) showing off some fancy karate moves and giving personal advice based on the episode each segment aired with. Not anything that interesting.

#496 Chaotix12345, Jul 27, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2011
  17. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

So the latest bit of news is that casting for the next season should start up in the next few weeks or so.

18. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If things have not changed since the June 2011 issue of Royaltie$ magazine, then we have an idea when the next PR season will air, although for a lot of PR fans out there, the magazine article may not be good news.

19. Poweranimals

Poweranimals Invincible

Oh Lord have mercy on our souls.

20. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

What do they mean by the "whole world will switch to the new theme" in 2013? o_O

At this point, though, I think the only thing that really interests me is the chance for another theatrical film. Otherwise, the Sentai stuff is so much more entertaining...and less painful to watch.