1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Power Rangers on DVD Discussion

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by PC!, Mar 12, 2012.

1. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

Ok True enough as well ! I honestly can't see Netflix getting rid of PR titles like these that are listed as being one of their most popular titles though, at least I hope not ! Still the issue with DVD's are scratches and other sort of wear and tear that might occur over time. Both have their pluses and negatives I guess. If Netflix Ever should decide to get rid of the many PR series, I'll consider the DVD option. $8.99/month for HD is one plus for me with plenty of other titles such as Goosebumps to watch that would simply make the cost of every title way to much to consider and afford to spend on TV titles, even if I do own a few other DVD titles already.

#261 jfoley85, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  2. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

Also, with Netflix, you have to keep paying monthly to ensure that you'll be able to watch the episodes.

As a matter of fact, there are PR titles that will disappear from Netflix come January 1st. They're from later PR seasons though. So that wouldn't confront you. At least it's not the full seasons that are disappearing though. It's just the Halloween and Christmas episodes that are listed separately from their respective seasons.

3. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers:The Movie was removed from CAN-US Netfix at some point as well. If I choose UK as my country from the list on Hotspot Shield to watch from it gives me access to the movie on Netflix !

#263 jfoley85, Dec 23, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2015
  4. Storm Eagle

So today, the count of the remaining legacy sets went down to 30. Then it went down to 25. I wonder if this sort of thing happened in the other past days and I missed it.

5. Storm Eagle

Now they've only got 5 legacy sets left as of today. I guess people have been putting their holiday bonuses to good use.

A bit off-topic here, but the PR specials on Netflix aren't disappearing after all.

6. Storm Eagle

Okay, now all of the legacy sets are sold out.

7. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

Speaking of which I'm finally ready to start watching season 2 of Mighty Morphin Power Rangers on Netflix tomorrow !

8. Storm Eagle

I too am revisiting season 2, after recently watching all of Dairanger.

9. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

I watched Dairanger short clips today on Youtube and have to say I think I prefer Tommy as the White Ranger even though I never really saw Dairanger before today at all. It does seem to have a loyal Japanese fanbase however and I give them credit for making the episodes of our older Power Rangers series when the clips are used from theirs way cooler and less cartoonish then what we see on TV today. The only exceptions being the US creation of Lord Zedd and the Americanized Rita Repulsa new actor starting in season 2 of MMPR after the Zyuranger clips used Witch Bandora to be Rita heavily in season 1 of MMPR.

#269 jfoley85, Dec 29, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 29, 2015
  10. Storm Eagle

11. jfoley85

jfoley85 Member

It seems like Netflix removed Turbo:A Power Rangers Movie from the CDN Netflix. I'm now finished Power Rangers Zeo season now. It's a good thing I'm from Canada because strangely enough it's on Shomi (Netflix's competitor here) which I'm subsribed to as well ! I can get Shomi on my Rogers Digital Box. Also, Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie has been added to Shomi but I saw it while I was watching the Mighty Morphin series.

#271 jfoley85, Feb 10, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2016
  12. Storm Eagle

13. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

I'm glad they've sped up the individual season releases up to every other month. Previously my estimate was that we wouldn't get RPM's individual set until its 10th anniversary in 2019, but now (assuming they kept this up) we'll get it by June of next year.

14. Storm Eagle

15. Storm Eagle

Even though there's still no word about an S.P.D. release, Shout! Factory is putting out an MMPR DVD called "Best of Blue" on February 28th. The Amazon listing states it's 120 minutes. So that's six episodes. Possible choices for this release are:

I, Eye Guy*
    Peace, Love and Woe*
    Dark Warrior (?)
    Switching Places (?)
    Something Fishy*
    Grumble Bee*
    Putty on the Brain (?)
    Opposites Attract*
    The Great Bookala Escape (?)
    Blue Ranger Gone Bad*

The ones with asterisks are episodes that aired during Fox Kids' True Blue Week where they aired episodes featuring Billy, and premiered "Blue Ranger Gone Bad" at the end on Saturday. That was the week of May 15-20, 1995. Come to think of it, I wouldn't be surprised if the DVD did contain all of those episodes.

I wonder if they plan on doing releases like this for all the rangers.

https://www.amazon.com/Mighty-Morph...&ie=UTF8&qid=1478558576&sr=1-1&keywords=Power

16. Storm Eagle

17. Storm Eagle

18. Storm Eagle

"Best of Blue" was released this past Tuesday. It consists of the episodes "Peace, Love and Woe", "Dark Warrior", "Switching Places", "Something Fishy", "Grumble Bee", and "Blue Ranger Gone Bad". It also has a 12-minute special feature, which is an interview with David Yost.

The MMPR seasons 1 & 2 set that's exclusive to Best Buy comes out next Tuesday, and now there's cover art for it.

[​IMG]

It comes up on and off in the listing right now, but you can click on the link to see if you get to see it there as well.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/mighty-morphin-power-rangers-season-1-2-dvd/5714410.p?skuId=5714410

19. Storm Eagle

20. Storm Eagle

The Amazon listing for this is currently incomplete, but Power Rangers Jungle Fury is scheduled for release on December 12th.

Since this is a PR release scheduled for December, I get this feeling that it'll end up getting pushed back some months for some reason. The legacy set was originally intended for release on December 3rd, 2014, but it got pushed to January 2nd of the following year. Time Force was originally scheduled for December 15th, 2015, but it got pushed to February 9th of the following year. So assuming that they keep the December 12th date for PRJF, PRRPM could come out on Februrary 2018 at the earliest or May 2018 at the latest. So it took six years for them to get them all done in individual releases.