Power Rangers on DVD Discussion

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by PC!, Mar 12, 2012.

1. PC!

PC! lolwut?

2. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Wow, that's nice to see. Hopefully they release everything unedited. I'd be interested in picking up Season Three and in Space, at least.

3. mgr91686

mgr91686 knowledgable John Wayne fan

Finally! I can relive the awesomeness of the original MMPR. You can't see me, but right now I am doing my Snoopy dance.

4. Terror of Death

Terror of Death New Member

I already have the region 2 sets for NS, DT, SPD, and OO, but I wouldn't mind double dipping if they released blu-rays or had a bunch of nifty special features. If/when they get up to them I'm definitely buying In Space, Lost Galaxy, and RPM.

5. zoombie

zoombie Active Member

Please let this mean Digimon is next. Even if it is dubbed, I will take it.

6. bigddan11

bigddan11 Justice must be served!

7. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

Was a bit too old for Sentai when it hit the US, but Linkara has probably pooped himself right now.

Oh dear, Next Mutation? Good luck getting Eastman or Laird to help with that one.

8. Kevin the Geek

Kevin the Geek Golem fan

I would love to have Digimon released on DVD, but I think Shout! might not release it, for two reasons.

1. Disney might still have the rights to the first four seasons, though some others claim that their rights expired and went back to Toei. If that's the case, Shout! would have to get permission from Toei to release the series.

2. Shout!'s Brian Ward has said that their previous anime releases, Medabots and Dinosaur King, did poorly in sales, and due to this, the higher ups at the company might not want to deal with Digimon.

As for Power Rangers, it's cool to see that it's going to get released on DVD. However, I'm quite shocked that Saban didn't give Shout! Samurai, since you would think that Saban would want Samurai released on DVD first, with it being the current series and all.

It's nice to hear we might see a release as early as this summer, and I guess they'll probably release Mighty Morphin' on DVD first.

Hopefully, they'll eventually release Lightspeed Rescue on DVD, since I remember liking that series. Heck, I might revisit that series on Netflix, sometime.

9. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

About time. Finally I can get In Space, Wild Force and SPD on DVD

10. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

I just hope that the sets sell well enough to warrant the release ALL of the seasons on DVD in the future. It's nice that there are seasons available on region 2, but it's even better when I can just get them locally and not have to import. I hope they'll have some good special features too. Maybe they can get some of the past PR specials as extras. Anyway, I'm currently relying on Netflix to see all the episodes.

I've been taping episodes religiously since PRIS and those tapes are probably going to crap right now. One half of me is inclined to get rid of all of them right away right, and the other half doesn't want to count the chickens before they've all hatched. Surely all of the PR incarnations and both seasons of BeetleBorgs and VR Troopers will make it to DVD though.

11. Knightmare

Knightmare New Member

This is awesome news, I can't wait to get Power Rangers on DVD and as a huge hardcore TMNT fan I can't wait to add Next Mutation even if it is the second(or third) worst TMNT versions.

I wish they had mentioned Mystic Knights, I loved that show and would love see if again. It was a really good show it's was just too expensive to keep producing.

12. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Silence, you dumb wench!!!

When it comes to my Power Rangers season buy list, I'd pick up the first two seasons and Zeo.

13. Toonatic

Toonatic Active Member

This is without a doubt the best... news... ever!!! I'd like to point out that even tough the deal doesn't include the 2 theatrical films, Shout! still has the co-licensing deal with Fox (then again, so does Anchor Bay).

I hope this deal also includes Space Goofs.

14. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

Even though my last couple of attempts at watching Power Rangers as a young adult have failed (The Mighty Morphin' re-release and Samurai), I might consider getting In Space. I really loved In Space...

15. Storm Eagle

I think your mistake was watching the reversioned MMPR season 1.

I hope all the seasons make it to DVD. I just like having a complete story and having all the episodes for reference. Plus it's nice to have them on a format that I can look at pretty much any time I wish.

16. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

If they have the commercials in them, keep 'em -- they'll be worth something.

17. Storm Eagle

Some of them do, but the commercials weren't really all that. I just prefer to free up space.

18. Terror of Death

Terror of Death New Member

I hear you. I started recording the ABC Family and Toon Disney reruns of all my favorite seasons around the time SPD first aired due to fear of Disney never releasing complete box sets stateside.I decided to hold on to some of my tapes even after Saban announced he reacquired the series because I didn't want to take any chances.

But I got to be honest I too am very worried about the sales. I think the chances of ALL 17 seasons being released on DVD are a bit slim. I have no doubt MMPR will turn a profit and possibly Zeo, Turbo, and In Space but I expect sales will drop off with each new set and they will plunge drastically after those first six. PR may have been a huge success back in the early years but most seasons were not ratings juggernaughts. It’s very much a niche show. The fanbase isn't that big and there are just too many seasons and too many episodes. How many are going to be willing to pony up the dough for multiple sets when they can watch it on netflix or pirate them online? Also, I doubt the current generations of kids who watch Samurai are going to be all that interested in the older seasons. I hope I'm dead wrong about this but I can't help but be skeptic.

19. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Shine Like Rainbows

Fan-freakin'-TASTIC news! I'm definitely going to pick up every season and I can't wait to add SPD, RPM, Space, and Time Force to my DVD collection! :)

Yeah, you'll definitely have an easier time getting through Space than MMPR Season 1 or Samurai. It's a lot more interesting. I'd also recommend SPD or RPM if Space gives you a craving for more. :)

20. Storm Eagle

Well since this is Shout! Factory we're talking about here, at least there's the slight possibility of the rest of the seasons being available on the site only.