1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

World's Finest Workshops possible story....The Batman: The Lost Season ?

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by DeathscytheVII, Apr 24, 2006.

1. DeathscytheVII

DeathscytheVII Farewell, Daughter of Trigon

As you all know, Teen Titans: The Lost Season is nearing its end (Almost...after exams i will work hard, since there are essentially only 2 and a half stories left.) After recently purchasing vol. 2 and 3 of BTAS, it really got me fond of batman again.

Anyway, nothing concrete yet, im toying with it. I write fanfics whenever i see shows where i love the subject, but it could use some adjustments. What areas do you think "The Batman" needs most improvement in when it comes to storylines?

Some ideas ive tossed around, nothing concrete.

If this idea goes through, i also want to do a Mr. Freeze two parter, as his character is in the greatest need of improvement. But what do you think needs to be done? a motivation is the most obvious answer, but what kind? Should he necessarily be tragic?

Anyways, this isn't anything concrete, consider this a "The Batman" workshop in general where we can discuss things that we can explore in TB fanfics.

2. Arrakhat

Arrakhat Trust me, I'm a doctor

"If you write it, they will come." I like some of those ideas, but the Penguin episode sounds tons like an old BTAS one. Was that your inspiration? Still, Freeze getting more development sounds good. Just wondering, any chance of seeing more of the one-timers like Cluemaster, Ragdoll, and Spellbinder teaming up? I'm not too concerned about the newer characters with only one episode under their belts, but some probably won't return. Maybe Killer Croc could use a new episode too. In any case, don't overuse Penguin and Joker.:rolleyes:

Mr Freeze... I love the potential the character has, but it's not being used. Since there was a picture of him with a woman in his car, maybe the romantic angle could be played. This whole workshop a good idea.

3. DeathscytheVII

Shoot, you're right arrakhat, I remember now an episode from BTAS that did that theme with Pengy :( Actually, i was planning on having his 'girlfriend' really be clayface, trying to steal his money. But i guess that idea is kinda cliche and over done.

As for Freeze.....what kind of potential do you think? I was thinking to avoid the romantic angle....perhaps make him do something significantly evil that affects Batman's immediate 'family', or do a 'metallo/corben' struggle with him, and go through what it is like to live like that.

I can't use any of those one shot villains because unfortuantely, i havent seen their eps yet :( so i dunnno how to write them in character.

Isn't clue master just a mediocre riddler?

Once again, just some ideas, im throwing around, i may end up writing a few one shots :D prlly the most that will come from this.

4. Arrakhat

Yeah, but the Clayface angle would have come out of nowhere. Has Ethan lost all standards? Penguin's girlfriend?:p

I think you can play up the romantic angle without letting it remain romantic. Let's say it starts with the discovery that Freeze stole so many daimonds, not for money, but to power another machine: one that can restore his body for short periods of time. Not needing to rely on his suit, he goes to his girlfriend, but either a)She's with someone else or fears him since he's a crook, or b) Something goes drastically wrong. I don't care what reason is inserted but have it destroy any chance Victor has of returning to a normal life, preferably harm to someone he cares for. He blames Batman, of course, and decides to even the score by destoying Batman's family and life. You can turn it to revenge pretty quickly from romance.

I can't help too much with anyone beyond season 1, but Cluemaster I know. He can either be a pathetic Riddler, or he can be played up differently than he usually is. All he needs is a real plot that doesn't involve kremelos.

Yeah, a whole season is quite the commitment. Still, Vendetta of Clay turned out so wonderful...

5. DeathscytheVII

That is so delightfully brilliant Arrakhat :p ever consider writing for The Batman? :D

6. DeathscytheVII

That is so delightfully brilliant Arrakhat, perhaps you can consider writing for "The batman"? :D

7. Arrakhat

I'm flattered.:sweat::) Though I think if I do so I'll leave out the puns. That would kill any Freeze story.

Freeze: Ice to see you honey! Why the cold reception?:ack:

I'm sorely tempted to start a draft this weekend, so maybe I'll start brainstorming on ideas for 13 plots. Well, 11 regular plots and a two-parter. Up, up, and away!!!!1!

8. Arrakhat

This idea hasn't panned out, so if someone who has seen more episodes and can write for the characters is interested, I'd be happy to at least help with some plot suggestions. As it is, I don't have the time to try to write for characters I don't know.:( Another time, perhaps.

9. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

Oh. . .Please, Arrakhat you must write something. It sounds like you have some good ideas(as well as Deathscyhte), and I don't want them to go to waste. You must write at least write one episode. I'm willing to co-write if you do one episode Arrakhat, or if Deathscyhte wants to do one episode I'm also willing to co-write. I think it would be fun, and it wouldn't take a whole lot of time.

10. Arrakhat

I can try to put together one or two episodes, but more than that would be too sketchy for me. As I've said, I'm limited by my lack of exposure with the rogues. I'll try to work on a Mr Freeze episode and something else I considered briefly as a one shot.

11. DeathscytheVII

As i said Death, these were just ideas poppin in my head. Hehe, at this piont, i dont think i can write a full season of the batman. The most is maybe a one shot or two. right now, i just want to finish my lost seasons and take a break from fanfiction after that lol :D

arrakhat, i do look forward to any freeze thing you can come up with ;)

12. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

Sounds good to me. I can't wait for you to post it because I'm interested to see your writing. However many episodes you want to write is cool with me.:anime:
    I understand that. . .I took a break, wrote a completely off base fic that sucked(and it DID suck)and then I just left to get my life and head in order. I totally recommend it.;)

13. Kraven

Kraven Member

Maybe it's just me, but I think we need to see more of the Batman's romantic life (who he is or is not interested in): maybe some Yin/Bruce pairings? There have been relationships throughout the show that the writers haven't really touched on because it's a kids show, so I think you should take that into serious consideration if you'd like to write your own season.

-Kraven

14. Arrakhat

You could always write an episode too. If we get enough people to pitch in one or two episodes we could get a season of thirteen stand-alone episodes.

15. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

I've got one idea for a villain origin story right now and I have a feeling that it could be quite good if I get her character worked out just a bit for the Batman universe(it's a Superman villain). I'll pitch it when I get it just a bit more developed. Right now the name of it is called Live and Uncut.

16. Arrakhat

Right now I'm constructing the plot for my other idea, entitled, "The Price is Right."

Concept: When the crime lords of Gotham put a bounty on Batman's head, a few mercenaries with grudges and greed decide to move in for the kill. Expect to see a new addition to the The Batman universe along with some returning foes of old.

17. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

I'm very interested to see who you're going to use, Arrakhat. . .It sounds like you have something very cool in mind. A new addition to the Batman universe. . .is this going to be your own character or a character from something else being brought into this universe?
    EDIT:I had dropped an idea in here but it was rather stupid. . .

18. Arrakhat

Throw the idea out in the playing field anyway. I'm sure it can shape up well with a little work. As for my character, I'm bringing in an existing DC character who has yet to be reimagined for The Batman.

19. HauntedLover

HauntedLover Mutant Bat Bruce!

Yeah, yeah, yeah! The Batman: The Lost Season sounds great. I can't Wait!