Possible New Butch Hartman Series Speculation Thread

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by ferrisjso, Mar 28, 2012.

1. ferrisjso

ferrisjso New Member

It was recently announced that Nick picked up four new Butch Hartman pilots.It is probable that one of these will become a series and even possible that two will get picked up.Here's a place that people can post any news and or speculation regarding the Butch Hartman Series if they want to.I know this is a little early as any series discussed here probably won't go on for a year or two but it's never to early to start speculating about things like this.I'm sure that there's tons of DP,FOP and TUFF PUPPY fans who would be intrested in info on this topic.

2. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I just wish that Butch Hartman explores different art style other then the usual animation he has done on Nick, we already saw that he can come up with different animation for example Tom & Jerry Kids, Phish and Chip and the special episode of Crash Nebula.

3. Toons4ever

Toons4ever Member

I hope Crash Nebula is one of those new shows, that pilot had alot of potential.

4. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Agreed. I'd love to see what Butch could do with another action/adventure series, and I really liked what little we got of Crash Nebula.

5. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

I doubt it's that since these are four NEW pilots which seem to signify that it isn't something that's already been seen. And the Crash Nebula pilot failed to gain an auidence so I don't think Butch would try it again. Besides, Crash Nebula may of looked different but it's comedy and tone was the exact same as Fairly Oddparents and honestly even if something looks different doesn't mean it should be given it's own show if it's still the same kind of product.

Which is what I fear from these four pilots. I'll grant that Butch Hartman isn't Seth MacFarlane who just makes shows on disfunctional families that consist of an idiotic husband, annoyed wife who may be somewhat quirky but is usually more in the right then their spouse, a weird son, an ignored or tortured daughter and some talking animal/creature/something you wouldn't expect to talk like they do who is usually the scene stealer. And at least Danny Phantom tried having a bit of depth even if it didn't really succeed IMHO. So I hope these shows are all different then each other and Butch isn't just continously cranking out the same kind of story each and every time since he knows Nick will buy it.

6. Kuromi_Star

Kuromi_Star Neko mimi mode

It's funny that you say this, because imo, Butch is the kid's show Seth. The main character will be a stupid/naive/arrogant young male character with two or three friends/sidekicks, including an ever suffering female friend who is usually correct, but never listened to, and an eccentric parent(s) character. I like DP a lot, but I wouldn't say it was "deeper" then the others. More like it paid a modicum of attention to continuity.

7. Byrnes

Byrnes New Member

I hope that one of them is Dan Danger.

8. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Skepticals.

Edit: Nevermind, Hartman was just tweeting about the new FOP toys.

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 15, 2013
  9. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

He was in discussions about such a spin-off for well over a year now. The Animation Guild Blog mentioned it and I even asked Butch Hartman about it when I interviewed him for the T.U.F.F. Puppy premiere. Considering the fact that he's working on multiple pilots, it's safe to assume that such a show is one of them, regardless of what that one guy tweets.

10. classiccartoon

classiccartoon New Member

Has or was there any info about these pilots?

11. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

If you mean story and characters, no, just four pilots picked up by Nick made by Hartman.

12. jak d ripr

jak d ripr New Member

I'd like to see him make something along the lines of danny phantom again, animated comedy show with a little action, some continuity, and a plot that can occasionally get rather dark.

13. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

providing the FOB concept turns out to be true, what's with Nick's obsession with CG cartoons?

14. Lord Beckett

Lord Beckett Skepticals.

Oh, if you mean the above picture, its for what turned out to be the new FOP toys that Nick is putting out. Hartman was really vague on his tweet but he has hinted once or twice at a Poof and Foop spinoff, but that was years ago and I'm almost certain that concept is dead by now.

I'll edit and update that post too to avoid confusion, this thread is over a year old and isn't even past 15 posts which shows how much info we've gotten about that pilot pickup announcement.