Popeye the Sailor in "Revisiting Shorty" - chain-link story

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Matt Grisham, Jan 22, 2017.

1. Matt Grisham

Matt Grisham New Member

Hey, everybody! I'm Matt Grisham!

I have an interest in animated cartoons and fanfiction. And here's something that's really interesting!

It's about where Popeye and Olive Oyl set off to revisit Popeye's old Navy fellow, Shorty. As they enter his house, they see a letter. It said that the Sea Hag has Shorty and is about to torture him for his annoyance in the old WWII Popeye cartoons. What will become of Popeye's old Navy buddy who will never be remembered? We shall see from the beginning! Here it is. Popeye the Sailor in "Revisiting Shorty"!

KING FEATURES SYNDICATE
    Presents

POPEYE THE SAILOR

Executive Producer: MATT GRISHAM

Story: MATT GRISHAM
    Music: WINSTON SHARPLES
    Scenics: ANTON LOEB
    Animation:
    MARTIN TARAS
    NICK TAFURI
    W.M.B. PATTENGILL
    JIM LOGAN
    GEORGE GERMANETTI
    Directed by: MATT GRISHAM

--------

REVISTING SHORTY

Copyright MMXVII by King Features Syndicate, Inc.
    All Rights Reserved.

--------
    Fade in from black. Popeye and Olive Oyl are on their way to Shorty's house.

Olive: Where are we going, Popeye?

Popeye: We're off to see my little pal from my Navy days. He's the one with the glasses.

Olive: Oooh.

Popeye: Remember Shorty?

Olive: Oh, of course. He used to be one of those annoying little scamps that mess up all the time. I remember the day when Shorty and you tried to help me move my furniture....

Popeye: And while we did that, he got me and then all of us in trouble with the law? Ug-guh-guh-guh.

Olive giggles.

Popeye: And now Shorty's planning an apology dinner for us to show that he's sorry for all the trouble he caused.