'Pokemon the Series: XY' - Starting Jan. 18

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by adyniz, Dec 19, 2013.

1. adyniz

adyniz Surgeon of Death

http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2013/12/19/pokemon-the-series-xy-season-17-to-premiere-on-cartoon-network-on-saturday-january-18t/223718/

Official trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIXdyRpuSLc&feature=youtu.be
    HOLY COW The opening song from the 1st season.. Please use it for XY, PLEASE? :D

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 19, 2013
  2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

That's awesome news. I'm glad that we know when the series will officially premiere, even though we won't get to the third episode until February. Getting to see the digitally remastered first movie is cool and I'm really surprised that they dubbed that prologue. I thought that would have happened by the time the Genesect movie premiered.

That remix of the season one theme does sound pretty awesome. I'd be fine with that being the opening theme to the first XY season. The BW themes were full of pretty generic lyrics, so making it a remix of the season one theme would at least get people more excited to see the episodes.

3. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Member

I saw a sneak peek of the first 2 episodes online. They should've kept the modern animation that started since "Here's Lookin' at You, Elekid!".

What's more, I hope Ash doesn't meet any bad apples and when I say that, I mean rivals who come off as nasty and brash like Paul or Burgundy.

4. GolfDude

GolfDude New Member

ash will be getting a real rival.. he wont even be introduced in japan for another few weeks, so we wont see his rival here until possibly early summer...

5. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

Gary and Paul were the best rivals Ash ever had. I don't know what you are talking about above. Paul especially pushed Ash to be a better trainer.

I was worried about the remix of the original Pokemon theme. I wonder if they will use that as the intro to X&Y or if it was just a preview to play on nostalgia.

6. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

Cool. It's nice to know when it's coming out. I always hoped they'd eventually use the first iconic opening remixed as an opening, kinda like they did in One Piece.

7. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Member

You really want to know? Well, there are some good rivals like Gary and Bianca and then there are some who are bad and extremely annoying like Ursula and Burgundy! I refer to the mean rivals as bad apples because of their attitude. Hope I don't need to say anymore or repeat myself.

8. ChildHood90s

ChildHood90s Loves his coffee

I feel like XY is the way it is because of Pokemon Black and White. The love was there, and BW mixed up the formula in super fun ways, but it took the entirety of the gen 5 series to get the anime feeling "right" again. Hopefully Team Rocket still feels fresh this season; seeing them all the time like in previous series became a bit "much" for me. (Seeing as XY seems to be continuing some old Pokemon traditions; I'm hoping it's all the good stuff they're re-introducing.)

That said, I can't wait to hear the remixed theme! Is the Japanese opening for XY a remix of the Japanese original theme?

9. GolfDude

GolfDude New Member

no japan makes its own new song every season/sub-season, they didnt remake anything like we are .. (ironically in japan, its SONY MUSIC OF JAPAN whos been making the past few themes for pokemon.. crazy isnt it)

10. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

It's hard to say right now. It could go either way at this point.

Bianca was anything but a good rival in my opinion. She was annoying and the second worst rival in BW. Gary wasn't really good as a rival either in my opinion since his cocky attitude was annoying more than anything else.

11. Lerkero

Lerkero Active Member

Rivals shouldn't be judged based on how pleasant their personality is but on how much legit competition they provided to their opponent.

Paul is my favorite rival to Ash because of how Paul and Ash's approaches to raising Pokemon were diametrically opposed. Over the course of their rivalry Paul learned from Ash and Ash learned from Paul. Their final battle was one of the best in the series in my opinion. From what I remember, Paul never cheated and never did anything deceitful. He was just a challenging opponent - irrespective of his off-putting personality.

12. PC!

PC! lolwut?

It gives me the warm fuzzies to hear John Loeffler actually bring back a pop-rock theme for the series as opposed to the cheesy ballad crap he's been giving us since PUSA took over the dubbing. Here's hoping he can start churning out more memorable themes like when he worked for 4Kids.

13. WickedChild

WickedChild Kissing the shadows

I saw the following comment on that video, in response to a question about whether AshxSerena would actually have anything to it, but it goes far beyond that. I was wondering if anyone here could provide some insight on if there's anything to it or if it's just a dumb Youtube user who doesn't know what they're talking about:

Is the Pokemon anime really struggling in Japan? Given the response to BW it wouldn't shock me. I would actual hope that it were true since it would likely be the only way we'll see true change. But given the level of animation XY seems to have, it doesn't make much sense.

14. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I haven't heard anything like that regarding the Pokemon anime struggling in Japan. The merchandise sales haven't been drastically lower at least from what I can tell. I don't think that they've announced the next movie's length either, so I wouldn't take what he said here seriously. Especially with the whole Ash's last saga bit. Pretty much everyone who wants him to leave always say that the current series is his last one, so that weakens his credibility to me quite a bit.

15. Terror of Death

Terror of Death New Member

As with everything on the internet pertaining to how poorly a franchise is doing, if the person doesn't bother to provide a source they're mostly likely talking out of their arse.

Anyway, I'm really stoked for XY. The first two episodes were the most fun I had watching the anime in forever so I'm cautiously optimistic this series will be a return to the good ol' AG & DP days. Even though I hated BW I was kind of mad the last eight or so episodes were never added to Cartoon Network On Demand. Hopefully XY will be up there shortly after it premieres.

16. Vernikova

Vernikova ★ No One's Dream Anymore ☆

A remastered movie one? Maybe the CGI scenes on New Island won't be as bad to look at.

I'm excited for XY to premiere. I skipped past Best Wishes since I expected it to not be as good as Diamond and Pearl (and it seems to have been the case for the most part), so with the rave reviews XY is getting, I'm definitely looking forward to it.

17. adyniz

adyniz Surgeon of Death

Source, please?
    Yes, BW did not do well in terms of ratings (TV Tokyo) but that's all. I haven't heard anything like that from any other fans (especially those who live in Japan).

Budge cut? I guess this person hasn't actually watched XY. The animation is phenomenal. I highly doubt the budget cut part. if you ask me, it's the other way around.

Threatened? I want to know if the magazine blurb actually said threatened or not.
    Famitsu magazine came out yesterday and this was the summary:
    As for making the shipping canonical, the only reason that I can think of is that the writers wanted to try something different, that's all... But that's just my opinion.

18. Alonso Torrejon

Alonso Torrejon Member

I just know that when Team Rocket disguise themselves, a lot of people on YouTube will complain about it like there's no tomorrow! It makes me sick!

19. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator

I'd just ignore YouTube comments. It's a lot easier and less stressful that way. Besides that, in my experience, most of the comments on sites like YouTube come from people who aren't familiar with the more recent series and are just making up stuff, such as that person WickedChild quoted before.

20. PokemonTVDub

PokemonTVDub Member

Are you kidding me? That animation is nothing compared to the animation seen in XY.