1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon: Sun & Moon (Discussion)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by River26, Feb 26, 2016.

1. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

The new Pokemon is...Sun & Moon

2. Harmonie

Harmonie Foreverrrrr!

And they didn't even really show them to us... It's like what they did with OR/AS, just they made a video to show us the logos. lol

3. River26

Lol well, guess we'll have to see more updates for this.

4. Scirel

Scirel WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?

Nothing really to go on here. One or two screenshots flash by and concept art on walls. A video just to show the logos that were already leaked.

I hope graphically the Ge6-7 leap is similar to the Gen4-5 leap in terms of quality. Gen5 was sure something special in the whole "Actually kinda trying" with the story and all. Really it and 3 were my faves, though I wouldn`t hold it against anyone for holding G2 in high regard as well.

5. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I normally do not come on this board, but I am very surprised that we got a new generation as opposed to Z. I think Gen VII will be closely related to Gen VI just how like Gen II was related to Gen I.

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Like I mentioned in the Pokemon Direct thread, revealing the logos would have had more impact if they weren't leaked yesterday. No one would have expected Sun and Moon instead of Z or Rainbow. I'm sure that they didn't want the logos to get out before the announcement, which Nintendo really has to work on preventing in the future.

Anyway, I could see this generation being closely related to the sixth generation given the whole Zygarde forms and the lack of a traditional continuation of Kalos through sequels or a third version. It would be a good way to provide some good post-storyline content if we got to go through Kalos again. I just hope that it won't result in either region suffering, but since they took a year off to I assume work more on S/M for the anniversary, I'm hoping that they'll be able to handle that concept more effectively.

I'd really like a region based on Ireland. The scenery would be so beautiful and being Irish myself, an Ireland region would be really neat. I have heard speculation on a Greece region based on the names, which would also be cool.

One of my biggest hopes for the games is that they bring back Contests, or at least have some kind of sidequest that could work as an on-going goal for the female lead in the anime. This is mainly due to how I miss Contests in the anime more than in the games. I did like playing them again in OR/AS and collecting ribbons was fun, but I really don't want to deal with anything like Showcases again. Showcases in XY are pretty to look at, but that's about it. They're boring as dirt and watching Showcases just remind me how much I miss them in the anime. If they can't be Contests, then something that could be a decent sidequest in the game and a good goal in the anime would work too.

I do hope that we get more new Pokemon in S/M than we didn in X/Y. If the designs are as good as they were in X/Y, that would help balance out the fewer amount, but I'd still like to see something at least closer to one hundred new Pokemon. As for Mega Pokemon, I want a Mega Flygon so badly. Mega Arcanine would also be neat.

I really hope that the rivals and storyline will be an improvement over X/Y. While I did enjoy X/Y, the characters and storyline felt lacking. The rivals were all so bland, Team Flare was uninteresting until their climax, which was too little, too late for me, and Malva not being more involved in the main storyline was such a huge wasted opportunity. I'd really like see Malva involved in a new evil team, especially when I was hoping for a continuation of X/Y to flesh that detail out some more, and rivals who are more along the lines of what the fifth generation provided. They had much more interesting personalities, development and good pay off to their storylines. The fifth generation had some of the best rival characters in the franchise, so something more along those lines would be nice.

As for the evil team, I really hope that they aren't so easy. I'm fine with grunts having no more than two or three Pokemon, but Admins should have at least four Pokemon. You usually face them fairly late into the storyline, so you should be more than ready to face four Pokemon from one trainer. I have a lot of hope for these games, but I'm sure the long wait will be worthwhile.

7. River26

Debut trailer
    - Game launches on November 18, 2016

8. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

Dat bat legendary <3

Dat Litten <333

Never in my life have I been so sure of which starter I want until now. Litten can only get better if they make it a Dark type, and considering it's black...

9. TorchSheep

TorchSheep More of a man than a horse.

Was definitely going to choose the owl, up until the point where I saw the Japanese trailer with the trainer holing up Litten. ;o;

10. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

The owl's still pretty dope, though. I've a feeling it may be my boyfriend's starter of choice.

11. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I thought considering Gen 3 had Torchic and Gen 5 had Tepig, they would of made another farm animal as the fire type for Gen 7, but really doesn't surprise me too much I guess that pattern was not always going to last forever.

As for more of the footage, gotta say Hawaii sounds like a good place for this place to take place, sure another American region but Hawaii is pretty cultural and existing for the next gen.

And the Pokemon okay but designs gotta give me some time, I am not really buying them yet, but overtime hopefully more Pokemon are show.

12. River26

While that fire Pokemon looks cool, I'm looking forward to the water gun/hadoken Pokemon :).

13. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Was a coiled up attack snake before it was cool

I like all three of the starters, though in order I'd rank them as Popplio>Rowlet>Litten. That's probably because I've always liked seals, though.

Looking forward to seeing what their second and third stage evolutions are!

14. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Thank goodness that we finally have some news. They've been hyping up some announcement for today and I'm so glad that it wasn't for nothing again. The starters are so good. I love Popplio. It's so adorable and I love the circus performer vibe from the official art. I'm not sure what it could evolve into other than a Water/Ice type. Litten is cute and I could totally see it becoming a Fire/Dark type. I hope that it stays on all four legs too. Rowlet is rather cute. There has been a fake Grass Owl Pokemon going around for a couple of generations, so it's nice to see that we finally have a real one. I also like that it's the first starter since Bulbasaur that has duel typing right off the bat.

I'm definitely going to go with Popplio in one of the games. At the moment, I'm leading towards Litten more than Rowlet for the other game. It will probably depend on what they evolve into and what other Fire and Flying Pokemon are available. Plus, I tend to choose the Fire and Water starters at the beginning of every generation. Unless Rowlet's evolved forms are really appealing or Litten somehow evolves into a Fire/Fighting starter, that doesn't seem too likely to change at the moment.

I really like the look of the Alola region. It looks quite tropical, which is fitting for a region based on Hawaii. I'm sure that we'll be traveling through different islands of varying sizes. It seems like trainer customization is all but confirmed, which is great. We still get to choose the skin tone and hair color of the player character right off the bat, so I doubt that they'd include that and not have trainer customization. Plus, the outfits they have look too plain to be our only option. I really hope that they have more options for both male and female trainers. More outfits, especially for the male trainer, would be nice and I'd really like more hair options too. Being able to wear glasses would be pretty neat too.

The new Legendary Pokemon look really cool. I especially like the Lion based on, although I can't tell what the Moon Legendary is at the moment,. They both look pretty cool and intimidating though. I figured that the games would come out in November. They probably wanted them to come out in time for holiday sales. I'm so glad that we have actual news on the games. It makes me so happy after such a long news drought.

• Like Like x 2
  15. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Popplio seems like the underdog. I've seen a lot more people say they're choosing Rowlet or Litten as their starter Pokemon. But Popplio is so cute!

I couldn't decide between Litten and Popplio for a while since I didn't have a clear favorite, but after watching both the English and Japanese trailers and looking at the descriptions for each Pokemon, I chose Popplio. This image certainly helped.

As for which version I'd like to get, I already had my mind made up with Pokemon Sun. Seeing the Legendary Pokemon just solidified my choice.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Hmm, I normally go for the fire types because HECK YEAH, fiiiireeeee, but I'm not a cat person, so Litten might be a pass for me (though it has the coolest design of the three.) I'm gravitating to Rowlet for being the cutest, but I feel like Popplio may be the underdog here. Admittedly the least appealing design out of the three, but it's still adorable. And hey, I once hated on Honedge because a floating sword Pokemon just sounded too cheesy for me, but it ended up being my favorite in X/Y by end, so who knows?

I'm even less convinced on the designs for the Legendary Pokemons; just...the color scheme feels awful (too much white on the lion and the bat thing is taking the moon motif to hilarious territory.) Maybe I'll grow into them over time though.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Based on what I've seen thus far, Popplio is definitely the underdog of the trio. Most of the attention is going for Rowlet and Litten. I can understand that since Rowlet is a Grass Owl that many people have wanted for ages and Litten is a cat, but Popplio is just too adorable to ignore. It easily has the best official artwork out of the three. I just want a plush toy of it already. It's that adorable. They all have that marketable cute factor going for them, but Popplio is the most appealing to me thus far.

These are just the initial first impression I've seen people display for the starters. It can easily change, especially once we get the evolved forms of the starters. I remember many people liked Chespin during the initial reveal of X/Y, but fewer people liked its evolved forms, especially compared to Fennekin and Froakie's. I also didn't care for Honedge when it was first revealed, but I did grow to like it.

I like the new Legendary Pokemon, especially the Sun lion. They're both cool, huge and intimidating, although I can't tell what the Moon Legendary is supposed to be. We might get more detail on them when the new CoroCoro issue comes out. While it probably won't have too much new information, we could get the name and typing of the Legendary Pokemon. We might also get to see the official artwork for the playable trainer. I'd like to see how they look in their default outfit, especially when that would give a better idea about how the new female lead will look like in the inevitable Sun/Moon series.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

I personally love Popplio & Litten the most and plan to use them in Sun/Moon. If Litten retains it's black fur throughout the evolution line, I am so calling that kitty Kurokagi. Kinda interesting that we're going back to a region based around America, this time Hawaii. Was pretty interesting that CoroCoro didn't leak anything this time around, so everything was new and exciting. As for the Legendary, well, looks like I got my answer on who would win in a fight between a trillion lions vs the sun. :^) The Moon legendary makes me think it's a bat of some sorts.

PS. the Japanese trailer for Sun/Moon was pretty heartwarming. Highly recommend to watch, even if you don't know Japanese.

• Like Like x 2
  19. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The Japanese trailer was so sweet and touching. I loved the whole friendship through Pokemon story they were going for. It's genuinely heartwarming and it's a message that I think a lot of people can relate to in a way. I've made friends thanks to our shared interest in Pokemon throughout different parts of the world, so it's definitely a well made trailer.

I kind of hope that they something like this during the pre-release season, or at least every now and then. Having their own updates before CoroCoro can potentially leak would definitely help in keeping some of the bigger details a surprise and it's one of the reasons why this announcement was so effective. We knew we'd get something, but no images got leaked, so the excitement was a lot more intense. They might do that for at least some of the more major reveals of the game.

• Like Like x 1
  20. Pacman7821

Pacman7821 Member

I think both legend Pokemon look cool. I dunno, what will be my main game, Sun or Moon. I'm thinking Moon. The bat legend looks nice and I like the lion legend too.

As for the starters. They all look cute/cool. I'll wait to see their final forms before choosing one.