1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by sdp, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Tash

Tash Active Member

My local Toys-R-Us tends not to put the demos away at the right time, either.

2. TheFZAtUGSOnline

TheFZAtUGSOnline Galactic Guardian since 2010

Aecues Bug in the game?

so one day, i was playing with my aecus and when i was just about to play the great masrh game, the game freezes at the start of a great marsh pokemon encounter... weird... then when i replace my acues from the first of my party and replaced it with my luxray, the game run hassle-free... anyone getting this bug?

End Point. :general:

3. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

That glitch has been well know since the days that people were hacking for Arceus. I think it's just a general glitch the game has anyway.

4. PC!

PC! lolwut?

5. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm glad that there's a date for the Pikachu Colored Pichu. I wasn't expecting GameStop though since, outside of the Dexoys event, it's always been either Toys R Us or Nintendo WiFi. I'll see if I can make that event before I go back for the spring term. I would also try to find a game there, but it would be really close to my birthday at that point. According to Serebii, the Jirachi that knows Draco Meteor will also be given away at GameStop.

6. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

With this bit of news, it's time to start up my farming business again. I might not get as many PCP as I did Arceus, but I do plan to get quite a few of them. I also plan to have extras of them to evolve into a Pikachu and Raichu

7. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

I shall await this day with great anticipation.

If a Pikachû-colored Pichu evolves, will it be a Pikachû-colored Pikachû? o_O

8. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

Gamestop? Awwe..... the closest one to me is like 1,000 miles. Which means I won't be able to get the Selebii/Giovanni event on SoulSilver... and that was actually gonna be the one time I'd use an event on a game.:sad:

9. TKnHappyNess

TKnHappyNess Active Member

Looks like another event Pokemon to Pokesav. Thanks a lot Nintendo for never having any GOOD events in Canada. The last one they had was the Secret Key at Toys R Us which was pointless for 2 reasons.

1. You can't use the appliance Rotoms on Wi-Fi, even with other Platinums.

2. If you waited, the following day, you could've gotten it from Wi-Fi.

10. Lelouch

Lelouch Fallen Prince
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

...I honestly wish I looked at this thread more often. I really wanted to go get a pikachu colored pichu...but I can't find my DS anywhere. I found my diamond game...but not my ds. Ugh. I might buy a new one.

11. jph139

jph139 Immortal

Hey, guess what everybody? At the moment - just if you have Platinum, I think, buy maybe Diamond and Pearl, too - you can get yourself a Pikachu-Colored Pichu over Nintendo Wi-Fi connection!

Just got mine. Guess I'm ready for GSDS, now. :D

EDIT: Yep, definitely works for Diamond and Pearl, as well! So now I've got TWO Pikachu-Colored Pichu... awesome.

12. Undrave

Undrave Forever Burning Heart!

I got mine for Platinum. Not sure WHAT to do with it :p

You can unlock mystery gift in Diamond and Pearl too and get stuff from WFC? I should get on with that so I could get three of them :D

13. Zilch

Zilch Member

282 hours in in Diamond and my Pokemon finally catch Pokerus for the first time in any game. My main six have Effort Ribbons already, but I have a Magmortar and a Toxicroak that can benefit from it. [strike]Maybe I'll start raising my good ol' Bibarel again too.[/strike]

14. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

On the 15th, I FINALLY got through the Pokemon League and made it to the Battle Frontier on my Platinum. 2 days ago I had finally beaten the Charon/Stark Mountain event and yesterday I had challenged the Battle Castle and Battle Tower. On both of those, I was only able to beat the first 7 on the Single Battle and the first 7 of the Double Battle in the Tower. Whenever I have time, I'll try to get in more...

After that, I had gotten the Griseous Orb from the Distortion World through Sendoff Spring, encountered Cresselia and got the Lunar Wing for the boy in Canalave, and battled Dialga and Palkia at Spear Pillar. And I had also went into the Snowpoint Temple...

... I pretty much beat the game except for a few extras here and there. Now I'm just itching for SoulSilver and Gen V...

15. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

Been meaning to get these games since getting the DS. I plan to get Pearl in June, Diamond in Julu and I got Platinum today.

First, I'm transfering each starter to Heart Gold, then I will shortly start the game.

I'm going to play through as the female character (named Dawn) and start with Piplup. For one I'm doing it to slightly mimic the anime, and also because Piplup learns several moves with with give it an edge against the rival's Turtwig.

And I plan for Empoleon's final move set to be:

- Ice Beam
    - Metal Claw
    - Drill Peck
    - Surf

16. Antiyonder

Staff Member Moderator

Played through the game yesterday and saved at Maylene.

My team levels range from 37-40 (Don't have my DS at the moment to check the specific levels) and consist of:

- Prinplup (Waiting for it to learn Drill Peck before evolving): Peck, Ice Beam, Bubblebeam and Metal Claw

- Bibarel (Which will be the HM Slave): Water Gun, Hyper Fang, Headbutt and Rock Smash (though the move can come in handy when you're trying to wear a Wild Pokemon down)

- Roselia: Giga Drain, Mega Drain, Magical Leaf and Cut

- Staraptor: Defog, Wing Attack, Aerial Ace and Quick Attack

- Luxray: Bite, Crunch, Thunder Fang and Spark (which I will eventually replace with Thunderbolt).

- Gabite: Slash (which will be replaced with Crunch), Dragon Rage (which will be replaced with Flamethrower), Earthquake and Dragon Claw.

Anyway, this may be a long shot, but would anyone have a Spiritomb to spare?

17. Humble

Humble Paranoid Member

I've got one to spare. My code is in my signature.

18. Antiyonder

Staff Member Moderator

Thanks, but before any further arrangement is made, I would apparently need a Wi-Fi connection (which I don't have). But I will PM you if I can get around to making the trade.