1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by sdp, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Undrave

Undrave Forever Burning Heart!

Great! Next time we fight Dax he'll throw us a full team of Arceus!! :p

2. Tapout

Tapout Active Member

So if you did this 10 times I would assume you'd be near the hotspot just sitting in your car?

3. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

Yeah for the last 7 since I went in the store for the first 3 Arceus I got with Diamond, Pearl, and Platinum, just so I would get my stickers and the poster for Pokemon Rumble.

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I almost forgot about the Arceus event for this week. I wasn't able to get to it earlier this week, but I should be able to go to Toys R Us either tomorrow or late Saturday morning to get it. It should be pretty cool since I'll get one for each of my games.

5. TheFZAtUGSOnline

TheFZAtUGSOnline Galactic Guardian since 2010

just got it...

I got the rare Pokemon and it is super strong, its alright and it is on my party. Not too bad...

6. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Welp, it's official: my local TRU isn't participating in the event. So no Arceus for me. Dangit, they participated in all the other events, so why not this one?

Bah.

7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's too bad. I'm sorry that won't be able to get Arceus. I hope that you'll be able to find one eventually.

I was able to get an Arceus for my copies for Diamond, Pearl and Platinum yesterday. I forgot that it would be at level one-hundred, so it was a nice surprise when I checked it out. I also got a nice poster for My Pokemon Ranch and Pokemon Rumble, some cool stickers for Explorers of the Sky and some Pokemon cards. It was a nice afternoon.

8. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Wow, I didn't take three steps out of my car before I got my Arceus. :D

9. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

How did you get your Arceus? Would you like to trade with me? I would've went to the Arceus event but I had a date last night and I didn't want to make too many stops since I wasn't given enough time with her as it is.

10. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Well, I went to TRU, with my DS already searching for a Wi-Fi, but the second I got out it was found, so I got my Arceus without having to go inside.

I'm afraid I'd like to keep my Arceus, not to mention I haven't a router.

11. Daxdiv

Well, it's the end of the event, so I'm going to say how many Arceus I was able to get. I was able to get 31 of these things over the week. Good number, as for what I plan to do, I plan to trade a few of them.

12. PC!

PC! lolwut?

31?? Dear goodness, man!

So, uh, what exactly are you looking for?

13. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

I hear he runs a black market organ collection and trade, so I would assume...

14. Daxdiv

Depends, what can you offer me in terms of Pokemon or Items?

Nah, just a child run sweatshop.

15. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

How long does this event last, im not sure when il go to get Arseus, but i do plan to, i just dont remember the dates.

16. Daxdiv

It ended yesterday. It only went on from November 7th to the 15th. Looks like I might have another taker.

17. Rud

Rud Nine Arts Dragon

wow, that sucks, i thought it would be longer, well, il just hope theres anotyher event like it eventually.

18. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Well, I managed to find my copy of Pearl just in time and went to TRU on Saturday evening to get my Arceus. Considering what a powerful and legendary Pokemon he is, it all seemed anti-climactic when I actually got him. :p

Though, I was a bit disappointed at the lack of a special "You got Arceus!" real-life prize like I got with Shaymin. I mean, at the least, I was hoping to get a poster for the upcoming movie to match the Giratina and the Sky Warrior one...

19. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's pretty cool. I always thought that you had to go to the video game section at TRU in order to connect to the Wi-Fi connection.

I was surprised when I found out that it was only a week event too. I thought that they would have it for two weeks since I believe that's what they did for the other TRU Pokemon events.

I agree that getting Arceus did feel kind of anti-climactic. It might have been cooler if we could have battled against Arceus in order to capture it instead, but maybe they didn't want people to battle against the Pokemon that supposedly shaped the Pokemon universe. I don't remember any movie posters given out at my local TRU for the Shaymin event. That's cool that they were giving them out when you got Shaymin. Getting a poster for the Arceus movie would have been cooler than the poster for the new Wii Pokemon games. I was happy with the Explorers of the Sky stickers though, if only for the Riolu picture.

20. Daxdiv

Funny thing about the Arceus, when I went to the one close to my school, they were still doing it. Not sure if it's the fact that it's located in New Jersey and that TRU store, along with many other stores as well, are closed on Sunday, so I'm not sure if it's a case of "Didn't get the memo" or "Since we were closed yesterday, here's our make-up day" thing. I'm banking on the latter since if you go to the store on Monday, Sunday specials still apply.

As for the fight Arceus thing, let me ask, when did we ever fight any of the Pokemon that TRU or GameStop gave out? If we had to fight them, they wouldn't have these special moves on them. I mean Arceus can't learn "Roar of Time" "Spacial Rend" and "Shadow Force" on it's own. That and I kind of like farming for these Pokemon as well, rather than the items that make you fight them.

Also I remember getting a Shaymin poster as well when I got my Shaymin, but I kind of like the Poster and stickers I got from this event as well, since I downloaded that game and I am having fun with it, good alternative for me since I didn't get New Super Mario Bros Wii this week. The stickers were nice thing to decorate my DS Carrying case with.