1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by sdp, Apr 21, 2007.

1. Undrave

Undrave Forever Burning Heart!

I got... one :sweat:

I sorta got distracted playing other games like Chrono Trigger, Endless Frontier, the DSi Ware games I download... :sweat:

2. simpsonsfan

simpsonsfan Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon
    Staff Member Moderator

Can anyone who has gone to Toys R Us before to get an event Pokemon tell me how it works because I'm thinking of going to get Arceus?

3. LightSpeedBlast

Pokemon's always been good. Be nice to play some more of it.

4. Kouji Tamino

Kouji Tamino You Understand Nothing

Yikes, good thing I checked this thread when I did! I almost missed Shaymin! I know what I'm doing as soon as I get home. :D Heh, that's what I get for not looking at this thread in a while.

5. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

Well, basically there are two things that you can do. Activate Mystery Gift yourself, or let the event do it for you. Here's how it's done:

1 Doing it yourself- Head to Jubilife City. Go to the TV Station, then go to the 3rd floor. Talk to the interviewer and give him these words "Everyone Happy" and "Wi-Fi Connection" and Mystery Gift will be enabled. Make sure to save after doing that.

2. Let the event do it for you- Walk into the event hotspot, and a message will pop up saying that a mystery gift is in the area and it activates it for you.

After you do any one of those two, just select Mystery Gift, Receive Gift, Get Via Wireless, and done. Make sure to pick up your new Pokemon at any Pokemart and to have an empty slot in your party. Also a bit of caution, you can only get them once, and you can only hold 3 Wonder Cards.

6. simpsonsfan

simpsonsfan Froakie - Bubble Frog Pokemon
    Staff Member Moderator

What part of the store is the event hotspot?

7. Daxdiv

Usually, their Video Game department, or as they like to call it "The 'R' Zone."

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's awesome. I'm glad that you were able to get a router. That will make it much easier for you when you want to battle. I actually haven't played Platinum that much lately myself, but that's what happens when I get new games anyway.

I totally forgot about the Shaymin event too. It's a good thing that it lasts until November 8th, so I'll be able to get it later this weekend.

9. Undrave

Let's have a battle together soon LighLu-chan!

10. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That sounds good to me. I'm sure that it will be fun. I'll let you know when I'll be available. I may try using my Diamond or Pearl team instead since I haven't used them in awhile, but I'm not sure yet.

11. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

You still owe me a Wi-Fi battle as well Undrave.

You would've kept me waiting forever if I didn't get that issue of Street Fighter that day.

12. Undrave

Alrighty then, got any time on monday or tuesday? I can see if I can fit you into my busy schedule :D

13. Undrave

Anybody up for some battlin' tomorow (sunday) evening??

14. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Went to TRU to pick up my Arceus.

They didn't have the event going. I'm a sad panda. =(

15. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I was able to get Oak's Letter after a couple of tries last night. Shaymin was surprisingly easy. It only took me three Quick Balls. That was the easiest legendary capture, not counting the times I would use my Master Ball.

16. Daxdiv

Well, I forgot to post this, but so far, I am in possession of 10 Arceus, 5 from Monday and 5 from Today. I had nothing better to do after class and work those days so I decided to do the whole start up a new game, get the pokedex, get Arceus, trade, and repeat for an hour or two.

17. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Rub it in, Dax, rub it in. :p

I'm gonna go back to TRU Thursday to see if they have the event up and running. Could it be that some TRUs wouldn't be participating in the event?

18. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

Ahh hells naw!:eek: Did you get all those from one event or what?

Speakin' of....I've been wondering about this, but do we have to be in a certain part of the game to get event Pokemon, or can they be obtained in any part of the game, storyline-wise?

19. Daxdiv

Someone actually asked me that at Bulbagarden and I told him that basically I just have one copy of the game that I start over and over and trade the Arceus for a throwaway Pokemon like a Bidoof, Starly or whatever Pokemon I'm breeding. Basically the cycle goes like this

Start a game-->Get the Pokedex--> Soft reset the game--> A screen pops up saying that a Mystery Gift is in range and activates it for you--> Download Arceus-->Get Arceus from the Pokemart-->Trade into another game--> Delete current game-->Repeat.

All you need to do is just get your Pokedex from Professor Rowan really. You can actually activate mystery gift by just walking into a mystery gift hotspot.

20. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Looks like because my copy of Pearl has mysteriously vanished into thin air, I'll probably end up buying Platinum just for this event...

Which is a damn shame, because I was hoping to put Arceus along with my event Shaymin and Regigigas...:crying: