1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon Diamond/Pearl/Platinum

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by sdp, Apr 21, 2007.

1. sdp

sdp miscrave

I'm guessing quite a few TZers are getting this game, like the rest of the world. I pre-ordered both Diamond and Pearl at Target but I think I'm going to buy it at Walmart if they're selling it at 12:01 in a few hours.

I did do some D/P scouting last night to see if any stores had broken the street date since I read various reports about that. Anyone doing anything special? I might tomorrow just go when my friends buy the games and we're going to trade so we can all have all three starters.

hmm..maybe d/p is big enough in TZ to warrant a trading thread. The only Pokemon I need right now is a non hacked/sharked Deoxys to complete my Pokedex. I can trade Mews/Celebis/jirachis I have a few from Pokemon Journey Accross America and the Toys R Us events.

edit: forgot to make this a poll.....

#1 sdp, Apr 21, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007
  2. PC!

PC! lolwut?

I was thinking about checking our Wally tonight for D/P, but they're easily the worst Wal-Mart in the nation (or at least the worst I've seen) when it comes to having things I want.

But tomorrow afternoon if they don't have it, my friend and I are going from town to town until we find a copy. After that, it's Poke-party time!

[pokemon spaz mode]Dude, I'll totally trade with you for those event Pokemon. Keep me in mind...[/pokemon spaz mode]

3. firespot

firespot That's awsome!!!

I would love to get pokemon diamond or pearl, the only thing is, is i don't have nintendo ds and i might never be able get one.

4. Tapout

Tapout Active Member

Dammit, my awful Wal-Mart didn't have anyone within 100 feet of the electronics department so I couldn't even ask if they could sell it yet. I'll have to get it elsewhere in the morning. :sweat:

5. FireStarterLE

FireStarterLE You don't want to see us mad

got it this morning about 8:30, played for about an hr. before i remembered i hadn't eaten anything yet so I've stopped playing to eat. Tortwig is already level 11!

6. Camdon

Camdon Camdowned

Got my preordered copy at Gamestop about 2 hours ago (as well as my Dialga stylus; and I put down a preorder for Zelda: Phantom Hourglass).

Highlight of my play so far is catching a Starly and naming it "Free Bird".

7. FireStarterLE

FireStarterLE You don't want to see us mad

Tortwig has evolved, and I'm through the first gym. I think the rest of the day I'll capture more and train them instead of going to the next gym right away.

8. PowerZord

PowerZord It's time to change.

I saw that at Wal-Mart here in PR the game will be avaible on the 24th. so I guess the release date isnt the same for all stores. I reserved my game on EB games..

9. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

Pre-ordered Diamond on Amazon a few days ago (along with the Prima players' guide and a Nintendo DS Lite), and it should be here sometime around the end of the month. I'll buy Pearl once my monetary resources are replenished - the whole order ran me about $175.

I plan to start with a Chimchar, since there are literally no other non-NationalDex Fire Pokémon in the game aside from Ponyta and Rapidash. I'll wing it from there, though I'll have to do some research on the WiFi trading system. Something tells me I lack the technology for it.

10. sdp

sdp miscrave

Just got it, I'll be playing Diamond for as long as I'm able to.
    By the way Circuit City has the game for 27.99 while all other places have it for 35$. However Toys R us gives you a free carrying bag with "pen" stylus.

11. Demonic Raven

Demonic Raven Active Member

I just got Diamond about an hour ago. I didn't get the stylus because I reserved the game a little too late, though.

So far I have a Piplup, a Starly, and a Shinx.

12. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I haven't got it yet, but I'm mad at the fact you can't bring in your old Pokemon until after you beat the Elite Four.

13. TheMecca

My brother got it this morning: WOW.

14. LordTerminal

LordTerminal The old-school DK is back!

I'm still trying to choose between Piplup and Turtwig. (Chimchar doesn't really grab me)

EDIT: Alright I'll stick with Turtwig and grab Piplup when I get Diamond or if I find someone on-line wanting to trade though the former is more likely to happen. (Obviously I got Pearl today.) I still haven't gotten very far yet but I'm enjoying what I have gotten through.

#14 LordTerminal, Apr 22, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 22, 2007
  15. Icer

Icer Active Member

Saving up money to buy a Nintendo DS...probably should have gotten that a while back. Oh well, I can wait to play Diamond.

16. Ashton Anchors

Ashton Anchors Old School

If you're able to personally drop by whatever Wal-Mart you plan on buying the games from, do so.

I called around sometime last week and they told me the same thing. Today, I ended up having to stop by there.

The kiosk'd DS Lite is off so I turned it on and Diamond screen appears. Didn't watch the whole intro since I assumed it was just a demo copy.

Scan the leftmost section of DS games behind the glass case and see Pearl then Diamond a 3rd of the way down with 5-8 copies of each behind the front ones. At the bottom I notice multiple copies of DS Lites which made me raise my eyebrow since the Polar White DS Lite I just bought from Gamestop was their last one.

So now I'm looking over at the next DS section and at the bottom are like a stack of Diamond and Pearl cases, 30 for each.

Probably your Walmart already has them.

17. peacebyanymeans

peacebyanymeans HORRIBLE FOR EVERYONE

I'm getting it from Gamefly later this week. Hopefully tomorrow, probably Tuesday, and, if they are super evil, than Wednesday.

18. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Whew. My Wal-Mart had the game, and they were selling like hotcakes. Since I had things to do, I was afraid I wouldn't make it in time to pick up a copy, but luckily, my friend was able to snag me the second to last copy of Diamond they had.

And, needless to say, I've been loving every minute of it.

19. Eddy

Eddy there's a chicken on my head

I haven't really gotten into a Pokemon game since Red. But I'm seriously considering getting Pearl.

20. Tash

Tash Active Member

It's probably a bit late for this now, but if you shove a copy of Firered/Leafgreen into the GBA slot, wild Vulpix/Growlithe will appear before you get the national pokedex.