1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokemon and X-Men Evolution

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by Clifton1990, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Clifton1990

Clifton1990 Member

Hello Everyone,

I am a newly registered member and am glad to be here. I love Pokemon and X-Men Evolution and I would like to chat with anyone else who does too!!! :D Does anyone else like these shows??:confused: Thanks

2. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

Arrah, welcome to the boards! I am like unto a god here.

I don't know of any die-hard Evolution fans, but Dr. Belch should be along any minute now to blab about the Pokegirls, and RockItShipper will be back sometime from her vacay.

So, tell us a little about yourself. Age, marital status, annual income, where you hide your key....

3. happyheathen

happyheathen Guest

Now, now...

first be NICE to newbies, Then...

4. James Harvey

James Harvey The World's Finest
    Staff Member Administrator Moderator Reporter

Welcome to the boards, man! I like X-Men and their show isn' too bad. One of the few KWB shows I can tolerate so if you want an X-Men buddie to talk X stuff to, I'm here! Welcome aboard!

5. Vin

Vin DVDtoons.com

Welcome aboard Clifton1990. Check out the rules first and your stay here will be most enjoyable.

Personally, I thought X-Men:EVO had alot of potential that was wasted on the teen-angst plot. I would rather them have done it with the original X-Men, Cyclops, Marvel Girl (Jean Grey), Iceman, Beast and Angel, I think. That would have been cooler.

#5 Vin, Aug 20, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 20, 2001
  6. Clifton1990

Clifton1990 Member

Re: Re: Pokemon and X-Men Evolution

Rumor has it that Gambit and Beast will appear in the second seson of X- Men

7. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes Active Member

Re: Re: Re: Pokemon and X-Men Evolution

Greetings...I'm a big comic fan, though mostly of DC Comics' stuff; never liked "X-Men: Evolution" much (esp. compared to the original Fox cartoon), and Pokemon....well, the less I say about that the better (esp. what I told someone at work today about said show :) Favorite superheroes of mine include Superman and the Flash, though of course Batsy is cool too. Looking forward to the JLA cartoon as well!

Though as others have said, Belch is the one who's more heavily into both of these shows...

-B.
    Still thinks the "Middleverse" in that one Evolution ep's just a ripoff of the Phantom Zone (and the Phantom Zone Projector)...

8. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Well...I'm--

--an X-Man fan, but I like the vintage stuff. To compare this version to the Fox version is like comparing grape Kool-Aid to Mogen David. Some good animation, but if Xavier knows what Mystique is and that she's working for Eric Magnus (Magneto), for the love of all that's holy, pull them out of that high school and start home-schooling the kids! It seems sort of fragmented that they get their book learning at the local high-school and their mutant schooling at the Prof's--the movie handled that aspect of their lives a lot better, IMO.
    And don't even get me started on Kitty's irksome chirrupy Valley girl intonations, or the fact that Wolverine is from Canada and Rogue is a Louisiana girl, yet somehow both have heavy Texas accents...grumble grumble grumble.

#8 DR. BELCH, Aug 22, 2001
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 22, 2001
  9. Vin

Vin DVDtoons.com

Re: Well...I'm--

Hey, that gets me thinking...Hey if any X-Men:EVO writers are viewing this board right now, make an episode strictly focusing on Kitty. I can see it right now:

Professor: Kitty, it's time for school.
    Kitty: Gee, like, uh, professor, I don't know, like, what, I like, should, like wear.
    Professor: Kitty, just put something on, you're going to miss the bus.
    Kitty: But, like, Professor, like, it's, like, so hard, like, to decide what to like, wear.
    Professor: Kitty, you wear the same outfit everyday! How hard could it be?
    Kitty: Like, eew...Nightcrawler, like, get out of, like my clothes. What are you, like, doing in here?
    Nightcrawler: (in Nightcrawler voice) Kitty, you know there iz only one girl for me and dat iz you!
    Kitty: Like, eew...get, like out of here.
    Nightcrawler: But Kitty.
    Kitty: Like, get out!
    Nightcrawler: OK.
    Kitty thinks to herself: Wow, he is, like kinda cute. But, maybe, like, he's not my type. All that hair, is like, a turnoff.
    Professor: Kitty! Nightcrawler! You're going to miss the bus!

2 hrs later...
    Kitty: Uh, like, Professor, I'll, like be done in two seconds. I just like have to like, decide what to like, wear, ok?
    Professor: If these kids are mankinds last hope, than we are screwed...