1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pokémon Moves to Disney XD

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Takao, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

@Red Arrow :D Yup, S&M :) Already 3 countries earlier than US. Impressive.

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

As far as marathons go, the idea of airing every episode ever prior to SM would certainly be interesting. I doubt that they'll do that given how many episodes there are, but it would definitely be a big way to celebrate that they have the rights to air the series. I love the show, so the idea of watching it frequently on Disney XD doesn't bother me in the slightest. Shoot, I watch reruns of various series every day. I'm probably in the minority here in that regard since the repeative and formulaic nature of the show never bothered me that much at all, even when I was younger.

That being said, I'd mainly want to see them giving more promotion to the series, reruns for the newest episodes, making the series available on their website/On Demand and maybe airing some older series every now and then or at least do some marathons every once in awhile. I liked the marathons that Cartoon Network had for the series and they'd usually do that once or twice a year. Something along those lines on Disney XD would be fine with me.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

S&M will premiere next Saturday in the Netherlands on Disney XD.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

Since the entire series is moving to XD I hope that they will retain all the extra stuff from the original series like Who's that Pokémon?, Pikachu's Jukebox, & Karaoke-mon (the Johto series equivalent to Pikachu's Jukebox)

5. ECDT1089

ECDT1089 That Car Genius

Do you guys think they'll air the episodes with longer intros now?

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That would be pretty neat. I'm not sure how often they'll air those older episodes or even if they'll air them at all, but keeping stuff like Pikachu's Jukebox and Karaoke-mon would be nice. They'll keep Who's That Pokemon? since those are in the middle of the episode, but often times, they wouldn't include the Pikachu's Jukebox in reruns.

I certainly hope so. One reason why the 4Kids openings have been generally better than the TPCI openings in my opinion is because they had a bit more time to make a catchy upbeat song. That's not the only issue with the TPCI openings. Often times they'll have generic lyrics that probably couldn't be improved on with more time, but hopefully having a minute to work on it instead of should help it. We'll most likely not see the opening until the SM series premieres proper though. They normally don't include the opening theme when they do these kind of sneak peeks at a new series.

7. TheCtes

TheCtes Active Member

From what I've heard, there was no opening included in any of the European airings.

The series isn't too repetitive in my opinion. Each series varies enough to me, and since their main objective is to promote the games, you can't really blame the anime writers. The games follow the same overall structure, though Sun and Moon is breaking some tradition, and the anime follows the main objective of the games through Ash. Then again, I do believe the series are different enough. I also don't think Team Rocket was an issue when it comes to being repetitive in the original series. I mean, I see where you're coming from, but back then they were humorous enough in different ways for it to work. Even their obsession with their motto worked out this way. In later series, they're definitely more flat and can feel more shoved in than they were back then, when I considered them the best part of probably a majority of the episodes.

8. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

I know that, but:
    1. It was censored.
    2. It only aired late at night.
    3. Disney has an alliance with Shougakugan, and that show probably has a low chance of being on Disney.
    4. Disney Channel Japan airs shows that are owned by other companies in the USA. For example, at one point, they owned the rights to two Nicktoons: Fairly Odd Parents and The Penguins of Madagascar, and Disney Junior airs Maya the Bee, WordWorld, and Mama Mirabelle's Home Movies, which air on different networks in the USA.
    This. They have aired the Yo-Kai Watch ending theme, "Yo-Kai Exercise #1", unaltered, so maybe there could be room for that.

9. Antonio Bravo

Antonio Bravo IDOL UP!

Hmm..........

10. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

So when will they start, is it when Sun and Moon, or before than. Is there a chance Disney XD will start airing Sun and Moon while Cartoon Network is still airing the rest of XY and Z?

11. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

They're just airing a sneak peek at the SM series on December 5th in order to get people excited for the new series and to help promote the new home for the Pokemon anime. We don't know when SM will premiere proper on Disney XD, but I imagine it will be after Cartoon Network finishes XY. There aren't really a lot more episodes in that series, even less if the dub skips over the two specials that came after the finale, and they probably want to the previous series done before they start on the new one.

12. Riley

Riley Everything's the fault of a Yo-kæi™

[​IMG]
    Zap2it's listing the new episodes under XYZ...? Okay, then.

13. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

^Strange that they would do that, I guess it could be a glitch.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Riley

Riley Everything's the fault of a Yo-kæi™

Get ready for new adventuers

15. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

I'm sure they'll fix it soon. Or not, I don't care.

16. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Must be a mistake. I thought it was supposed to be a Sun and Moon sneak peek.

17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It is a sneak peek at SM, but maybe they aren't allowed to put the title on the listings because it's a sneak peek rather than a proper premiere. Either that or it's just an error.

18. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

sadly pokemon wont air on CN according to news after XYZ is finished.

19. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I'm aware of that. That's what this thread has been about. Cartoon Network will most likely still air the rest of XY, but then we'll probably go straight into SM on Disney XD shortly afterwards.

20. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

Yeah that's what ive heard, but pokemon anime lets see how it works out. After all Pokémon is great, but its the reason why great shows like Animaniacs, and Pinky and the Brain lost production time.