Pokémon Moves to Disney XD

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Takao, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's possible, but I think it's more likely that they'll keep the movies in limited releases. The main reason the new movie is getting a theatrical release is because its the 20th anniversary celebration of the anime. I wouldn't be too surprised if the next movie just airs on Disney XD next year instead of having a limited release in theaters first.

2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Disney XD has removed the title listing for Pokémon the Movie: I Choose You! from their schedule. Doesn't necessarily mean it won't air, but it's currently TBD.

• Informative Informative x 1
  4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's possible that they didn't want to announce the TV airing just before the movie was released in theaters. It's just a limited release for one weekend, but they still probably didn't want potentially prevent people from going to the theaters to see it.

5. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

That's surprising, one reason that could be a possibility is it wasn't intended to air that day and instead it is really airing in December like most movies.

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The movies have aired during November before on Cartoon Network. They would air them around November or early December at the latest. It is possible that they're waiting until later to air the movie. They just announced two other days when the movie will be playing in theaters, so that could have caused them to change its premiere on Disney XD.

7. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Now they have all of DP available on their site and On Demand. That's pretty cool. I have the whole series on DVD, so it's not as noteworthy compared to the AG seasons, but it's still pretty nice for people who haven't watched the series or haven't seen it for some time. Once they cover all of BW, Disney XD should be all caught up with putting the older series on their site.

9. PF9

PF9 Member

I don't know about you but I think opening a real-life restaurant based on the one operated by Mallow's family could serve as a good marketing tool