Pokémon Moves to Disney XD

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Takao, Nov 17, 2016.

1. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Considering how fast they put the newest episodes on their website and On Demand, I don't think it's a bad thing that they don't give it a lot of rerun slots, especially when they still play Pokemon episodes regularly enough on their schedule.

2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It's a shame they're airing it less often and even moved premieres to earlier. It might mean that the ratings for the show aren't good enough to warrant the additional airtime.
    Ah well, at least the premiere will repeat later in the day, and the new episode shows up onDemand and on the app in the same day it airs. I like that Disney XD does that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The ratings could be bad, but it could just as easily mean that they want to give their own new shows better timeslots. Ducktales and Spider Man are brand new shows that they own, so I can understand wanting to give them better premiere slots. I just wish that Pokemon wasn't moved down that much. Going from 9AM to 7:30AM is disappointing and I was happy to have more time to wake up in the morning before watching new episodes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. PF9

PF9 Member

I think there should be much promotion for the Kanto eps as they approach US airing, especially for the encore presentations later in the day. The older fans (like me) grew up with Misty and Brock. To promote these eps as if they weren't really a big deal would not be in the best interest of all parties involved,

5. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

Pokemon still airs 2 times a day 6 out of the 7 days a week, so that still is something I guess. And like what @Light Lucario said, they may want to make room for some of the newer shows, so Pokemon may have to get the end of the stick momentarily.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

We're still about two months away from the dub getting to those episodes, barring any marathons or events Disney XD could have in the meantime. Still, it would be pretty nice if they did make a big deal about those episodes. I can't say for sure what the chances of that are when we've only gotten general promos for the series, but it certainly would be nice for long time fans or fans of the older series to promote the fact that Misty and Brock appear in the series. We'll just have to see how things play out when we get closer to those episodes airing in the U.S.

7. SuperFan2024

SuperFan2024 Shoo fly.

After every Pokemon episode airs on Disney XD, there should be a promo like "Want to watch even MORE Pokemon?! Then go to Disney XD.com, the app, or on-demand to watch all [insert number of seasons of Pokemon available by Disney XD so far] seasons of Pokemon!

They're most likely not gonna air anything that's before XY, so they might as well promote the older episodes on their SVOD services.

Same goes for Beyblade.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Even just having that as part of the general Pokemon promos they have would be nice. They already have all of the 4Kids dub legally available on their website and On Demand, so providing a bit more promotion for that feature so more kids can check out older episodes if they want to would be nice.

9. animegamer

animegamer CEO of Meme18

Disney India acquried the Pokemon series in 2014 and started all over again from Season 1 on Hungama, with a new Hindi dub made by Disney themselves. Then in 2016 moved to Disney XD India but for some reason they don’t air it in English even on the English audio track.

Here is a song made by them:

In SE Asia Pokemon airs on Disney Channel, not Disney XD.

10. PF9

PF9 Member

the most popular Pokemon of course is the electric mouse known as Pikachu, and if Pikachu is more popular than Disney's own mouse mascot Mickey at this point, I wonder if Disney might have an issue with a mouse character from a third-party show airing on their network being more popular than their corporate mascot

with that out of the way, I wonder if XD will premiere season 21 immediately after season 20 ends (like the old days of the WB) or have a delay of a few months like in the CN days

11. ATragicFairyTale

Pretty sure it's a one off. Schedules indicate that Pokemon will be back to airing at its usual 9am slot starting this Saturday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I wouldn't say that Pikachu is more popular than Disney's Mickey Mouse, if only because Mickey is more iconic due to being around much longer than Pokemon. I doubt that they'd have a problem even if that wasn't the case since they do have other popular characters besides their corporate mascot. As for when the next season premieres, it probably depends on how many episodes TPCI has ready to air by the time they finish season twenty and if Disney XD wants to do another marathon or week of premiere event for the new season.

That's good to know. I hope that it stays that way because 9AM is a much better premiere slot than 7:30AM.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Most of season 11 is up on the app.

How strange that they would skip season 10. Hopefully, they'll add it later.

14. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That strange since season ten is available on their On Demand section. I just assumed that it meant that they also had it on the Disney XD app.

15. TheGreatOne2

TheGreatOne2 Active Member

• Informative Informative x 2
  16. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's really cool. I was wondering when the movie would air on TV. I'm still hoping that I'll be able to see it in theaters. There weren't any theaters playing the movie anywhere close to where I live the last time I checked. I'll have to do that later to see if it's been updated. If I can't go to the theaters to see it, at least I'll only have to wait a few weeks to see the movie air on Disney XD.

17. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

With so many animated movies based on shows are getting theatrical releases, I wonder if they’ll push to a wider release for Pokémon movies in the future.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

18. DonkeyKongSong

DonkeyKongSong Active Member

Season 10 is on the Disney NOW app, but still not the regular XD.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

They're focusing more on that app than they are with the separate apps.

20. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

It is now.

• Informative Informative x 1