1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Pokémon Black & White" News/Speculation/Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by KYO'NYUU IMOUTO, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

2. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

I probably would have gotten that if I wasn't committed to getting the 3DS, since it does come out like 2-3 weeks after this game launches, also I already put money down on the games separately.

3. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

Serebii.net confirmed that

4. Katsumara

Katsumara Ohi.

Very nice. I can't believe it comes out next weekend FINALLY. I'm so excited.

5. Daxdiv

I know, those 9 weeks sure did fly by pretty fast. IIRC, it was about 9 weeks ago that a release date was announced for it. If GameStop is going to open early for Black and White like they did last year with HeartGold and SoulSilver, I am going to make sure that I wake up early enough to get them.

I've already decided what monsters I'm going to start with, Black I'm going with Snivy, and White gets Oshawott. Since I used Tepig as my starter in my Japanese White, I thought it was fair enough to let the other two to shine.

6. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

I'm starting off White with Tepig. Gotta love my fire starters. Hopefully, I'll raise it to be Level 100 like I did with Blaziken in Ruby and Typhlosion in SoulSilver.

If I reserve Black, it's a toss-up between Snivy and Oshawott. It's a shame since I'm not keen on the clown otter and its evolutions. Snivy and its evolution line is a cheat since they all look the same in the face and not at all different like Oshawott going from cute and cuddly to growling and fierce. I mean Samurott might be okay but I don't know.

It's going to be a hassle to gain all of the Pokemon though even if you take into account that you have seven DS games to trade with even if you have to do all of the trading by yourself.

7. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I know what you mean. I'm still having a hard time believing that March is coming up since February, at least for me, went by pretty fast. And after waiting for the games for so long, it feels amazing knowing that in about a week, we'll be able to catch and train a whole new batch of Pokemon As for starters, I'm going to go with Oshawott in Black and Snivy in White. I even got a plush of both Pokemon when I was at the Black and White tour. I kept on going back and forth between either having Snivy or Tepig in White and while Tepig is cute, there are a couple of other Fire types I'm thinking of getting for my White team. Plus, I'm still kind of disappointed that it's another Fire/Fighting type, but I'm definitely going to raise one in the third version game. I also wanted to test out how Snivy and its evolutions are in battle considering that I thought Torterra was the best fully evolved Grass type starter I've used so far. I have the rest of my teams set up, but I'll see if it stays the same as I advance through the story. It will be so cool to play these new games next weekend.

8. Katsumara

Katsumara Ohi.

I played through the Japanese version a while back and pretty much have my team setup for White, though instead of Oshawott as my starter, I'm going with Snivy since there really aren't that many great grass pokes. That and I'm gonna speed through most of it anyway.

9. Samhaine

Samhaine Time To Relax

Man. One week. And I still haven't figured out which version I'm going to get yet.

10. Kouji Tamino

Kouji Tamino You Understand Nothing

It's amazing how far a little extra cash can go. I went from planning on waiting a while to pick up a copy to pre-ordering White about a week or two ago. It also didn't help that they did something as dirty as distributing an event pokemon the same month as release. :p

11. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Yeah, I might've waited a while too, but I really like Victini's design and I want at least one (well, they'll probably distribute another when the Victini movie(s) is/are dubbed, but that won't be for another year).

Luckily, my birthday is in a few weeks, so I'm probably going to ask my parents for one version, then buy the other with my own money.

12. Undrave

Undrave Forever Burning Heart!

Man! I'm kinda excited! I have purposedly avoided a lot of the spoilers so I know like...25 Pokémon out of the whole lot o.o Its gonna be great ^^

13. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Guh-huh!

I was orginally planning on getting both games for my birthday, but thanks to the combined forces of the Victini event and my overall excitement for everything fifth generation, I'm going to be buying White shortly after release. I'll still wait to get Black for my birthday, but I definitely can't wait to experience White as soon as possible. Since White will be my "main" game, I'll be starting with Snivy since he's my favorite of the starters. For Black, I'll be using Oshawott because of his awesome evolutions and overall adorability. All I can say is, I can't friggin' WAIT until next week! :D

14. LordTerminal

LordTerminal The old-school DK is back!

Forget versions, I'm still undecided on what my Team's going to be. (I have at least a few "rough draft" ideas but something tells me that things might end up changing last second)

15. NewcomerDC

NewcomerDC Active Member

When talking about the game with a friend of mine, I thought to myself that having Tepig wouldn't make sense if I get Victini. If I transfer the Shiny Beasts from HeartGold/SoulSilver along with Celebi to Pokemon White, the only game out of the two that I reserved for pickup this coming Sunday, there's a possibility that I'll have a good strong team regardless of my Starter. That would mean I'll have to either go for Snivy or Oshawott even though Tepig, as I've said before, has the most interesting evolution line in terms of character designs.

16. Scirel

Scirel WHY SO FRIENDSHIP?

There are quite a lot of pokemon I like in this gen, but to make a team... is there anywhere that lists the "order" we find the pokemon in? I like to get my team as early as possible and play through the whole game as much as I can with them. It's no fun if they're all caught somewhere after the 6th gym or victory road and I barely get to spend any of the game with them.

17. Six Year Man

Six Year Man Member

So how does this Victini thing work? Do you have to go to a videogame store? (n00b to Pokemon, don't be so hard)

18. Scirel

I just got celebi for my soulsilver today at gamestop. All you have to do is go into the store, turn on the DS, go into the game, and in the main menu select mystery gift. A few more clicks and it's done.

19. Daxdiv

Hey guys, guess what? Turns out the playable characters new names are Hilbert and Hilda, or at least in the Battle Subway. Welp, I'm still naming the boy David, and the girl will probably get the name Paula or something.

Well, this time the Victini event will be offered through Wi-Fi this go around. Here's how you use it. You use Mystery Gift option, which you get after getting the Pokédex, Receive Gift, and choose connect to Nintendo WFC.

20. Scirel

Wow.. those names are just awful. Is Jeff Nimoy Involved in this? News Flash: Hillbert and Davis are LAST NAMES, not first names. Hilda sounds like a name for a viking or a valkyrie, certainly not spunky lil' Touko. Compared to these Blair and Whitlea were amazing.

I`ve settled that I`m sticking with Touko if I choose the girl, and I might go with a theme if I choose the boy. In SoulSilver I named the boy Han and his rival Solo, which ironically totally fits after seeing the cutscene from the celebi event. Or I might just stick with touya

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.