1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Pokémon Black & White" News/Speculation/Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by KYO'NYUU IMOUTO, Feb 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

...like they'd make it that easy.

[​IMG]

I think it looks like a fox...or an evolution of Floatzel.

EDIT: This thread was originally named "Pokémon's first Fifth Generation Pokémon is...!!"
    EDIT 2: This thread was previously named "Pokémon Generation V" News/Speculation/Discussion (Spoilers)

#1 KYO'NYUU IMOUTO, Feb 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 10, 2010
  2. Rocketboy

Rocketboy It's party time

3. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

I didn't know you like "stealing images without asking", Jacob :p. Do you have better link?

4. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

5. ShadowGUN

ShadowGUN YES!YES!YES!

Interesting. The siloutte looks familiar. Perhaps he a new evolution of an already existing Pokemon.

6. PC!

PC! lolwut?

I knew we'd get at the very least a new Pokemon reveal, and I'm glad it's confirmed that it'll be appearing in the new movie. It feels way past time for new Pokemon to be revealed with the new games presumably coming in less than a year.

7. KPTitan

KPTitan The Doc is in...

Finally... now I can say "Gen V has been confirmed for this year, for that new game" without having people getting on my case about it.:p It even says so in that Bulbapedia news article about the wolf-Pokemon... which by the way, looks completely bad***. I wonder if it's a new Legendary, or in Lucario's case, we'll mistake it for a Legendary but it'll just turn out to be a rare Pokemanz.

8. Dragonpiece

Dragonpiece Active Member

Sweet, I am digging a new pokemon game finally. I always love "The new generation's first year" feels so good seeing announcements of new pokemon and game details week after week.:D

9. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Bah, people and their hotlinking.

Anyhow, I'm hoping for a look at the starters...whenever that'll come (likely not for a long while).

10. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

Saw the new Pokemon and for some reason, it reminded me of Lucario being attack by a Metroid in design, and the fact that I think it's going to be a rare Pokemon rather than a legendary.

11. Silver

Silver Member

I hope they completely overhaul the game. No more 3D overworld and 2D battle system. I want COMPLETE 3D battles, like Stadium, Coliseum and XD. That way people can't say "lol rehashan, enjoy your same game, manchildren"

I can only hope. :sweat:

12. KYO'NYUU IMOUTO

Don't pay stupid people attention, espicially if they speak like that.

Can't wait for anymore news!!

13. Marvin Tikvah

Marvin Tikvah Active Member

You know that one will never go away right?

14. sdp

sdp miscrave

I don't see Gen V being released this year, next year most definitely.

[​IMG]

15. Savoury Sauce

I like that they've left the reveals late this time around. The 4th generation was really bad with this, and by the time Diamond and Pearl came round, it felt like Munchlax was more of a 3rd gen guy than anything.

That said, I'm a little on the fence with where this design looks like it's going. Not a big fan of canine pokemon in the first place without another Lucario-esque critter being given the limelight again.

16. sdp

sdp miscrave

Maybe you're right though they did the same thing with G/S in fact G/S revals were done much earlier than the D/P ones. I don't remember the R/S ones too well but I also recall seeing Latios/Latias a long time before third gen ever happened.

and while it remains hosted:
    [​IMG]

17. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

If those games that were announced before were Generation V, which they most likely were at this point, they will be released this year. They could have to push back the release date if they need more time, but I don't know how possible that is.

Anyway, the image they gave did look pretty cool. It looks like a wolf/werewolf kind of Pokemon to me. While I can understand where people get a Lucario vibe from this design, I doubt that it is an evolution for Lucario, as others have mentioned it in another forum I go to. Despite it low defense stats, there isn't a need to give Lucario an evolution. Besides that, I don't think that they could improve upon Lucario's design, but I'm obvious bias in that department due to being a Lucario fangirl and all. ;) Though, it is interesting that it apparently plays a key role in the upcoming movie.

Still, I'm glad that we finally have a fifth generation Pokemon. Now people can't say that the fourth generation is the last one or that Arceus is the last Pokemon. Even though this is really cool and I look forward to seeing more information about this Pokemon, and the fifth generation in general, I'm honestly looking forward to HeartGold and SoulSilver more than those games at the moment. It probably helps that I've been hyped up about those games for months and I want to keep most of my focus on them.

18. GoldTyphlosion

GoldTyphlosion Hahahaha

I just came from another forum with speculation that it may be a Mightyena evolution.

I really hope they have a donkey, a goat and a zebra Pokemon. And that they make Rapidash evolve into a pegasus.

19. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

18 posts and nobody photobucket'd the image. Guys... I AM DISSAPOINT.

[​IMG]

I think it's extremely unlikely it's a Lucario evolution. Lucario is too powerful already.

20. jph139

jph139 Immortal

It certainly LOOKS a lot like Lucario, though. Same lower body, same snout, same general feel to it... only with lots of hair. Maybe it's a branch evolution for Riolu?

Eh, I kinda doubt it. It'll probably look NOTHING like we expect, either way.

Also, glad to know my assumption that "Phantom Ruler Z" (or whatever his name is) is a new Pokemon was correct. Score one for me I guess.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.