1. Episode 12 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-12/

We discuss the 2017 Best Animated Feature and Best Animated Short Oscar winners and nominees, what video games we're playing, what upcoming games we’re looking forward to, what’s different about the Nintendo Switch launch vs. the Wii or Wii U, why we loved the original Samurai Jack run and what we're looking forward to in the Season 5 premiere, which had not yet aired at the time of recording.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Enter for a chance to win "Adventure Time: Islands" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Pitches For Original DC Films/Shows

Discussion in 'The DC Comics Animation Forum' started by Troy Troodon, Jun 7, 2015.

1. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Seeing as I am otherwise unfamiliar with these increasing Lego projects, I have no comment.

2. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

Well if you want relief, Justice League Warworld wont be Lego. Though I do like to mention one more addition to the voice talent of the Movie that goes with Peter Cullen as Mongul.

Jon Bailey as Despero

3. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Okay, here's one. A Batman 88 animated movie. With Michael Gough as Michael Keaton's Batman, with Jim Cummings as Jack Nicholson's Joker, and Maria Bramford as Michell Pfiffer's Catwoman. How's that to you?

I also ask if anyone likes the idea of an animated Superman movie based on the Richard Donner films with DC Douglas impersonating Christopher Reeves?

4. WebMasterSage

I rather have Keaton himself come back much like how they did Adam West for ROTCC, but also have Liam O'Brien as the Joker & have Vanessa Marshall as Catwoman & it's good.

As for Donner Superman, Just Travis Willingham reprising Superman much like how Troy Baker is doing Batman for Telltale's Batman.

(Just Be proud I did'nt Say Jason Marnocha as Joker)

5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

Blasphemous to say I suppose but I don't care for the Donner films but I can see an animated movie based on them would be a perfect fit in the recent classics line that Return of the Caped Crusaders started off. A Superman animated film is long over due in general. Been over 3 years since the last one I think.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

Keaton's first go-round as Batman was in '89, not '88. As for your suggestion, if they can get West & Ward for these Batman '66 movies, I can't see why they can't convince Keaton, who'll do just about anything nowadays, for a Batman '89 project.

• Like Like x 1
  7. WebMasterSage

In Celebration of Young Justice being Revived, I like to Consider a Pitch of Justice League Super (AKA the Dragon Ball Z/One Punch Man influenced series). It will have a 8 Character roster (Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, Green Lantern, Aquaman, Cyborg, Martian Manhunter) as a Nod to the rebirth Line up. And visually it will be influenced by DBZ but the Action Scenes are from OPM.

Starts off with the Main:
    Kyle Hebert - Green Lantern, Kobra, Non, Hellgramette, Skallox
    Maurice LaMarche - Martian Manhunter
    Liam O’Brien - Aquaman, Razer
    Rachel Robinson - Wonder Woman, Bleez, Faora
    Zeno Robinson - Cyborg
    Anthony Ruviviar - Batman
    James Arnold Taylor - The Flash, Heat Wave, Jimmy Olsen
    Travis Willingham - Superman, Shazam, Gorilla Grodd

And here's some of the guest voices for the first 13 episodes:
    Charlie Adler - The Question, Zilius Zox, Galius Zed
    Dee Bradley Baker - Salaak
    Jonathan Banks - Commissioner James Gordon
    Steven Blum - Nuidis Vulko, Kilowog
    Ray Chase - Professor T.O. Morrow
    Ian James Corlett - Plastic Man
    Peter Cullen - Mongul
    Jim Cummings - Captain Boomerang
    John DiMaggio - Atrocitus
    Michael Donovan - The Wizard
    Robin Atkin Downes - Lex Luthor, Tomar-Re
    Crispin Freeman - Scarecrow
    Dan Glizevan - S.T.R.I.P.E.
    Grey Griffin - Billy Batson
    Mark Hamill - Trickster
    Marieve Herington - Harley Quinn
    Kate Higgins - Aya
    Ernie Hudson - Dr. Slias Stone
    Stana Katic - Lois Lane
    David Kaye - Atom, Quex-Ul
    Lex Lang - Green Arrow
    Cherami Leigh - Stargirl
    Jason Marnocha - The Joker
    Tara Platt - Mera
    Jamieson Price - Red Tornado, Lucius Fox, Red Volcano
    Christopher R. Sabat - General Zod
    Stephanie Sheh - Katma Tui
    Keith Silverstein - Ocean Master
    Roger Craig Smith - Riddler
    Fred Tatasciore - Black Adam, Black Manta
    Veronica Taylor - Element Woman
    Kirk Thornton - The Creeper
    Alan Tudyk - Professor Zoom

Yes Sabat will be in this as like the One Punch Man Deal & to make matters Insane from Earth, Willingham will be the show's Sabat in terms of amount of Roles. Hebert will get to become the Narrator.

You're Welcome. :)

#87 WebMasterSage, Nov 8, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2017 at 8:22 PM
  8. Troy Troodon

Hm... seems somewhat an unlikely concept to come through fruition. Not that it's impossible to adapt DC Comics into anime, but I don't think it would be heavily DBZ/OPM inspired; best analogy I can think of would be the Marvel Anime.

Also I don't want to bring you down, but chances for a youtube actor like Jason Marnocha to be on TV is sort of unlikely, since the Transformers series he was in was a cheap mobile app that was intended for Machinima. And from what I can tell so far he seems to be sticking to internet based voice recordings. I have nothing against the guy in general, but as it stands here and how it's just not likely is all. Though I would like new talent to shine every once in a while since voice performances from all actors do matter.

That being said, it's even more unlikely for an anime to cast such big names like Maurice LaMarche or James Arnold Taylor. (unless it was funded with a really big budget like with some Ghibli movies or even Batman: Gotham Knight)

9. WebMasterSage

It's still gonna be a Justice League Cartoon but you know the influence of DB/OPM had to be done since they are all the buzz Now a Days. But as for Marnocha getting an Actual Gig, A couple of Youtube voice actors got actual gigs themselves Including TFS themselves & Marnocha would be one of them.

But admit it, You want Herington as Harley.

10. Troy Troodon

Not really no. But I digress.

11. WebMasterSage

That's Cool. Hope you give out your thoughts for like Silverstien as Ocean Master since that was based after Deep Sea King from One Punch Man & Hebert as Green Lantern based after his Son Gohan.

12. btgr

btgr Member

Found this on Deviantart:
    http://dou-hong.deviantart.com/art/Blue-Beetle-Animated-Villain-Sheet-FINAL-LINE-UP-279250512

Blue Beetle comment.png

Dou Hong admits that she wanted to pitch a Blue Beetle animated series with Will Friedle reprising Jaime Reyes (especially since she used Jaime's Batman: Brave & the Bold design). Dou also said she's working on doing a heroes sheet which I assume will contain members of the Posse & Jaime's friends Paco & Brenda (I haven't heard her mention Ted Kord though).

If this Blue Beetle animated series gets greenlit, it must air on Netflix, Amazon Studios or Hulu. I don't trust Cartoon Network.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. WebMasterSage

12/11: Here's another Lego One, but as a another Special like Batman Be Leagured & Scooby Doo: Knight Time Terror.

Lego Justice League: Joker's Funhouse of Injustice
    The Special apparently will feature a reunion of the cast from the Bruce Timm Justice League Cartoon (George Newbern, Phil LaMarr, You Name it) And it will have the League being locked inside the Hall of Justice & the Watchtower from the Joker as the Biggest April Fools joke on the Planet.

Additional voices for the Special include of Keith Silverstein (Hunter x Hunter, Overwatch) as The Joker, Colleen Villiard (Danny Phantom, Sonic Boom) as Harley Quinn, Sean Schemmel (Dragon Ball Z, Fallout 4) as Mr. Mxyzptlk. James Woods (Shark) as Lex Luthor, Mark Hamill (Star Wars) as the Trickster, Robbie Daymond (Sailor Moon, Transformers: Rescue Bots) as Firestorm, Bumper Robinson (The Game, Avengers Assemble) as Cyborg and apparently, Troy Baker as Aquaman.

12/20: And I know this will frown ALOT of people, but I got a Consideration for the DC Classics Line A Metal Men Animated Movie featuring Seth McFarlane as the Voice of Dr. Will Magnus.

Mod Note: Double Post Merged

#93 WebMasterSage, Dec 21, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 21, 2016
  14. Troy Troodon

It might work for a short series.

15. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I'm thinking a DC Superhero Girls movie/special that focuses on Harley. There have been several subtly played scenes in the shorts that show the girls not fully tolerating Harley's tactics even though they like her as a friend. For this movie/special (where this will be his ONLY appearance in this series), I would have the Joker appear as a teen rebel who encourages Harley to do whatever she likes, eventually becoming his partner in crime, filling the show's quota of having at least one major female villain in a special. The moral of the movie would involve being more mindful of other people's feelings (with Harley being more considerate to others and the girls being more accepting of Harley's behavior), and Harley would come back to the side of good and try to patch things up. I'd have either Mark Hamill or Troy Baker voice Joker here.

16. Troy Troodon

I don't really see Liam O'Brien voicing Jack Nicholson's take on the Joker, if he were doing his own thing or even emulating Mark Hamill in some extent, maybe. I do like Vanessa Marshall, though I'd rather have someone new to the role while also emulating Michelle Pfiffer's performance in someway. And while it's possible to get Michael Keaton himself, I chose Michael Gough in particular if it's not likely to get someone as big as Keaton.

17. Otaku-sempai

Otaku-sempai Active Member

Why not just try to get Michelle Pfeiffer to reprise the role herself? The worst she can do is say no.

18. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

I'd like to see a New Teen Titans animated show in vein of Justice League and not like Teen Titans.

19. beyond94

beyond94 Member

Here's a pitch for a PG-13 animated movie I hope that James Tucker will do in 2018 and set in the New 52 continuity as a Wonder Woman centered story is Justice League War Of The Gods based on the George Perez run and Russel Brawn story. However I like to see the story altered a bit without Black Adam and would only have the main antagonist being Circe.The story would happen before Justice League Dark. Since we haven't seen the fight between Diana and Circe yet and they've dealt with magic and not the way we seen in Darlk that the JLA couldn't deal with. Hopefully she would be a character who loves to boast and is an enemy who gets in Diana's hyde the way Darkseid is to Superman and Ra's Al Ghul is to Batman. I love to see the voice cast a bit changed

Michelle Monaghan - Wonder Woman
    Jason O'Mara - Batman
    Chris Wood- Superman
    Christopher Gorham - Flash
    Matt Lanter - Aquaman
    Roger R. Cross - Green Lantern/John Stewart
    Aimee Garcia - Hawkgirl
    Amy Pemberton - Circe
    Jessica Stroup - Artemis

Phil Bourassa would design the characters and the return of composer Christopher Drake to the DC Universe animated franchise and Wes Gleason as voice director

20. Troy Troodon

Oh please no, God no!