1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

"Pinocchio in Outer Space" Talkback (6/26)

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jun 26, 2006.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

It's been argued that many of the CGI movies trying to steal Pixar's fire won't age as well because they're blatantly stuck in this time period with all the references they make. This week I was looking for a bad movie from the past that would give this point some proof, and boy did I ever find the perfect candidate: Pinocchio in Outer Space.

I didn't know it existed until I started writing the article (and hopefully, you've never heard of it either, so it'll be even funnier). The more I found out about this movie, the more unbelievable it got. This is definitely one of my favorite new ones.

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

It's been argued that many of the CGI movies trying to steal Pixar's fire won't age as well because they're blatantly stuck in this time period with all the references they make. This week I was looking for a bad movie from the past that would give this point some proof, and boy did I ever find the perfect candidate: Pinocchio in Outer Space.

I didn't know it existed until I started writing the article (and hopefully, you've never heard of it either, so it'll be even funnier). The more I found out about this movie, the more unbelievable it got. This is definitely one of my favorite new ones.

3. Dynamite XI

Dynamite XI Whoa, where have I been?

One thing I've noticed lately is that most of the non-Pixar computer animated films seem to have a hyperactive squirrel as part of the cast. I don't know why.

Like, there was a hyperactive squirrel in "Ice Age," followed by a remarkably similar hyperactive squirrel in "Hoodwinked," followed by Steve Carell in "Over the Hedge."

I mean, I guess all these CGI-created hyperactive squirrels exist to give Dave Barry something to write about, but other than that it's just blatant rip-offery.

4. Greg1

Greg1 Ness Vet

I'd heard of it, but I had no clue what it was about. A space whale, huh? Makes me want to play Final Fantasy IV again.

5. takineko

takineko I can do that with a pancake!

anyone else notice the one from Hoodwinked sounded alot like, and was alot like, Foamy the squirrel/ his cafinated buddy?