Pinky, Elmyra, and The Brain: The Complete Series coming to DVD

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Toonatic, Oct 3, 2013.

1. Toonatic

Toonatic Active Member

This was unprecedented! I thought for sure it would end up in the Archive:

[​IMG]

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

O....kay, wasn't expecting THAT.....

This negates one of the most valuable trade items in my tape collection, rats. I wonder if they're going to reveal all the credits gags for the first time. I wonder if they were even written.

3. Chaotix12345

Chaotix12345 Shine Like Rainbows

Huh. Never thought I'd see the day. Guess I'll have to finally pick up the three PatB sets in addition to this. Should be interesting, to say the least.

4. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

Well, at least we have no word on Wakko's Wish nor the 2 Tiny Toon specials coming to DVD, same for the complete series of Road Rovers.

5. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

It'll generate millions of impressions. Negative, that is!

6. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!

I loathed Elmyra so much I insisted on never watching another cartoon with her again. But I thought Pinky and the Brain was brilliant, so when this show happened it drove me nuts trying to watch it without seeing any of Elmyra.
    I guess if I had this I could take the x-acto-knife and cut out the middle third.

7. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

They were.

8. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo We're not cousins!

Wow. I honestly thought that Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain would stay buried in the WB vaults forever, but I guess if Loonatics Unleashed can get a DVD release, so can this. I suppose that WB will release Shaggy & Scooby Doo Get A Clue! next.

9. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

The short I've highlighted didn't ever appear on the Big Cartoonie Show, I don't think.....it'll be something no one's seen before.

10. DaffyDonaldQW93

DaffyDonaldQW93 Member

Why some demanded this to be out? It was a product of executive meddeling. Now next thng you know they're going to make a complete 1-DVD set of "Loonatics: Unleashed" instead of the volume sets that already have out- and "Loonatics: Unleashed" was pretty much my middle-school answer to "Pinky, Elmyra and the Brain", allthough I was around for that whole run of the Elymra series even though I watched "Histeria", "Pokemon" and reruns of "Animaniacs".

Peter Hastings will RANT about this. In fact, I'm going to look at his blog or facebook about putting this out.

But hey, if we want stuff producers regret, it will be closer to having the "Censored 11" on Blu-ray

11. TnAdct1

TnAdct1 Silence, you dumb wench!!!

It did appear on the Big Cartoonie Show. It was the PEB segment that was a parody of the Village People's YMCA.

12. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"

The impression I got from Peter's reviews was that PE&TB was wildly uneven, but the better episodes are genuinely funny and worth checking out.

13. Anthonynotes

Anthonynotes PBS: We rock harder than MTV

I wrote my two cents about the series as a whole on my blog, but for those too young to recall (or missed it the first time given its extremely brief run), it was *definitely* more "AfterMASH" than "Fraiser". (Yeah, more dated references, I know...) While it had one or two amusing bits (and still had the mice), bringing Elmyra on board dragged things down to, well, her level. The mice got subject to a lot of animal abuse gags, plus the plots were more kiddie-fied. And no, no Tiny Toons elements besides Ms. Duff herself; Elmyra seems taken from the "Elmyra's family" shorts on "Tiny Toons," though we never saw her family either.

Do wonder how well it'll sell though, given those that recall the show had largely negative opinions of it...

14. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Ten Years on TZ!

I won't watch this much. But it'll be nice to get Pinky and the Brain's ENTIRE TV career on DVD.

15. THGhost

THGhost New Member

Just found this on Amazon. Of all the shows for WB to release, why this one!? :confused:

So no Wakko's Wish or the 2 remaining Tiny Toon specials, but we get this. Nice to know where WB's priorities lay...

16. Erased Paper

Erased Paper Member

Still technically missing the Tiny Toon cameos.

17. Dantheman

Dantheman New Member

Someone at Warner Bros. Animation in the '90s must have REALLY liked Elmyra, considering they tried to spin her off into her own series with those Tiny Toons episodes that were basically backdoor pilots for an "Elmyra and her family" series, and then this. I guess this shows that sometimes such dogged determination isn't worth it.

18. THGhost

THGhost New Member

So many other Tiny Toons characters could have had decent spin-offs. Plucky, Dizzy Devil, GoGo DoDo. But Elmyra??

19. Bakertoons

Bakertoons Don't break a Pinkie Promise.

I think the reason they pushed Elmyra is because WB wanted their own Bart Simpson. Why they thought she was a good idea, I do not know.

20. THGhost

THGhost New Member

You'd think they'd want us to forget about this show instead of releasing it on DVD. :p