1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

" Pickle and Peanut" News and Dicussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by MDawg, Jul 9, 2015.

1. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

It's interesting because Noah Z. Jones created both shows.

Anyway, I haven't seen anything from the show yet, but I'll wait to see what it has to offer.

2. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

A short aired after WOY season two premiered. I personally see this show similar to Gumball, because of the mixed animation and random plots.

3. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

I do think this scene more or less confirms that Disney allows its shows to get away with ALLOT now

I mean, we just had "death as comedy" in this clip alone

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Insomnia

Insomnia Member

Huh, this show actually seems pretty funny. I liked the clip and the weird animation style. I now have more hope this will be good.

5. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I seriously can't wait to watch an episode. Each episode clip has made me laugh. This is shock humor done right, by doing it light!

6. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Okay - I've seen the clip..... Yeah, that was something else, alright.

Past misgivings aside and noted, I'll say this much - if it can keep this up, I'll likely end up watching it (maybe even enjoying it - giving me one more thin to like on this channel, despite the likely Uncle Grandpa levels of backlash, for some good enough reasons (anyway) that I know it's going to get, especially on Tumblr, for example!) far likely more than Star Vs., that's for sure!

Than again, that bar I'm setting on that truth is an easy enough one for me, to be honest with myself... I barely watch Star Vs. save for new eps, anyway - and this show in the making feels like more of a watch on occasion type thing like Uncle Grandpa is for me, rather than something to keep up with, even if it turns out good enough to avert those mixed to negative feelings I'm having about this, despite seeing this clip!

7. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

Sypnosis for upcoming episodes:

• Informative Informative x 2
  8. Riley

Riley Everything's the fault of a Yo-kæi™

"Greg" is up on Disney XD's YouTube. It and "Gramma Jail" are on WATCH Disney XD, separately strangely.

There's also a bunch of shorts/sneak peeks (I haven't watched them yet so I don't know about them).

This is just my opinion, and I respect everyone else's opinion, positive or negative. But this show is just horrible. It's a worse type of "random for the sake of it" that's just random with incoherent plots, random live-action cutaways, and simply little effort. Heck, even the end credits (not on the YT upload, only on WATCH) are super weird...

9. SaneMan

I think this is pretty good
    I'm already enjoying it more than Regular Show

10. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Between the two death jokes and the "black heart of the devil himself" line, Disney sure is becoming a lot more lenient with their animated television fare. I mean, the most recent Mickey Mouse short was highly indicative of that, but still.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

They've been pretty lenient for a while now, considering right after it premiered, Randy Cunningham had characters saying, "ninja tripping balls."

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

Sypnosis for upcoming episodes

13. SaneMan

sounds interesting enough

14. SaneMan

This show is becoming increasingly dark, twisted, and demented with each episode
    It's pretty much reaching Grim Adventures levels, and it's just going

I'm liking it!
    We need more sadistic and macabre humor like this in today's overly PC world

15. I.R. Shokew

Well, it's still pretty bad (looking), but I can definitely watch it and enjoy it for what it is (so far, of course.). Heck, I daresay much more than Star Vs. - then again... I say that a lot.

It's no surprise this show is easy enough to bash, though. Still, at least it's different, which is what we do need more of (it's just all about doing it well, of course, which thankfully enough - this show actually is, despite my unfortunate first reaction to it.).

16. SaneMan

The Christmas special was fun
    love how far the two were willing to go to make a single child happy, and almost kill him in the process (but he's happy)

"Yellow Snow" was amusingly bizarre

17. StarcoDiazfly

StarcoDiazfly New Member

I tried(Sorta) watching the episode where they get a pet bird or something. I didn't hate it, but I wasn't really amused. Like Breadwinners, it just left sitting bored out of my mind. I can't really say I like it, but I don't think I hate it.
    Maybe I should try giving the show another chance.

18. WingedArtist28

This promo did a take on the many opinions ranging from positive to actually not shying away from the negative opinions we and the kids/cartoon fans on Facebook/Twitter/Instagram usually make on. That's pretty rare that Disney XD is getting a bit clever on listening to what the overall reception is. Another one similar to this also aired (had more negative comments on it).

So… Obviously I’m not into Pickle and Peanut and I already have no interests in watching it due to doing stupid jokes for the sake of doing stupid jokes (if you wanna see a good stupid silly show done right that has substance, and a bit of feels, Wander Over Yonder should be it). But I am aware that there will be a group that will like it (could be the minority).

With that said, I think it’s alright if some would like it. But at the same time, I won’t get its context since it’s not for me. Cause based on the majority opinion, it’s clear that it’s not a great show and it’s not for everyone. Better to have a good silly show that is clever, smart, appealing, and substance for its characters than being desperate for attention too much.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. 19MagiswordLane

19MagiswordLane Toonzone's Crooner of Carnage, babe!

• Informative Informative x 1
  20. I.R. Shokew

... And watch people get angry and/or violent over this, alongside WoY not getting a third season, instead... To be honest, I'm not a huge fan of WoY (nor ever was), so I can't bring myself to be sad about that. This does, however, reek of cheapness, seeing as this show is way less popular or noteworthy.

UGH - the salt alone is going to taste bitter as all get out from this. That, and the death threats that will be tossed at people who work on this show, too. *SIGH*

I would be happy about this - but this show is so stupid and ugly and I don't feel comfortable with any positive opinions I might have of it, knowing people are ostracized for what they like / hate, when it comes to shows on this level (unlike other stuff.)... UGH.

• Agree Agree x 1
    #60 I.R. Shokew, Jun 21, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2016