1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Phineas & Ferb Series Talkback (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by The Huntsman, Dec 18, 2008.

1. King Delbert

King Delbert Member

Where did you hear about some of the info because some don't make any sense like that song for example

2. 09MurphyM

09MurphyM Active Member

3. ctgrumpybear

ctgrumpybear Crazy guy running from the aliens

Sorry about the taking forever to reply
    The info I post has been posted by the show creators and have been on the web

the name of the song i was talking aboiut is "Only trying to help" you can find videos o the girl who voice isabella singing it and it a sad song
    "

4. Disney15ish

Disney15ish Member

5. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

Has anyone noticed that there are five production codes that haven't been used yet? The stand-alone special will take two, so there's really only three. Do you think they should make episodes with them?

The Phineas and Ferb tones episode was never made either.

6. BeanoMaster

BeanoMaster Active Member

7. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

Ahh that's cool. I was kind of hoping it could be like Animaniacs where MML would have the occasional cameo and reference its predecessor.

8. Roxas_Sora

Roxas_Sora Well-Known Member

I did noticed it, that's why I started this topic:
    http://www.toonzone.net/forums/threads/sdcc-2015-phineas-ferb-panel.5489231/

I believe those disappeared numbers could be used to make a movie, both as sequel of the first one and the special about the 2nd Dimension. That would be a perfect story to end the series. I hope somebody will mention them in tomorrow's panel at SDCC 2015. We could then have some info for a little hope in the future.

9. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

I wonder why Disney XD has been having Phineas and Ferb marathons every Friday. I like that they're doing it, but I'm curious.

10. SweetShop209

To celebrate the show's 8th anniversary, I feel it would be a good idea to review the first episode.

Rollercoaster

Writers: Dan Povenmire & Jeff Swampy Marsh

Date: August 17, 2007

Synopsis: "Phineas and Ferb build a roller coaster. Dr. Doofenshmirtz builds a device to attract all the world's tin foil."

This is the first episode of the show. While there are better pilots, this is still good. It gives us the general premise of what to expect from the show. Phineas and Ferb have active imaginations and are very talented. I mean, they built a rollercoaster in an afternoon. Candace tries to get mom to bust them. It's pretty understandable, especially since her mom doesn't believe her. Isabella has a crush on Phineas, which is adorable. Phineas and Ferb's pet platypus Perry is a secret agent who has to stop Dr. Doofenshmirtz, the show's antagonist. At the end, Dr. Doofenshmirtz's invention makes the rollercoaster disappear. All of this was established in this episode and in 13 minutes. There's a lot of fun moments, even though there's no song, and the ending is funny. It's a good episode.

11. SweetShop209

Dan Povenmire, co-creator of the show, turned 52 today. To honor that, I'm going to review the episode "Doof 101". He co-wrote the episode and is the voice of Dr. Doofenshmirtz. Let's start.

Doof 101

Writers: Dan Povenmire, Jeff Swampy Marsh, Kim Roberson, Zac Moncrief

Date: November 27, 2014

Synopsis: "Doof becomes a teacher at Vanessa's high school science class, much to her embarrassment."

The relationship between Doof and Vanessa is one of the many things I like about this show since everything Doof does is for Vanessa's sake, yet you can see why she would be embarrassed by him. This is another example of this idea done right. Having your parent around you at all times in school can be problematic since they can be a bit overbearing sometimes , so you can understand Vanessa's behavior, but she doesn't do anything heinous. At the same time, Doof is actually trying to be a good teacher. After committing a few evil schemes too many, he chooses community service over jail, and becomes a teacher. He naturally gets his funny moments, but he proves he can be s good teacher. Since Dan Povenmire wrote this episode and voices Doof, he would have to write him well. There's plenty of funny moments, mostly from these bugs trying to make contact with the humans. The climax of the episode is well handled since it shows how good Doof is, and we have a good ending gag. It's a good episode.

Side Note: This is the last Phineas and Ferb episode to have Zac Moncrief's involvement.

12. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I missed the show when it first aired on Disney but I've been catching up with it this year and I'm just going to throw this out there, but I think this is one of Disney TV's best shows of any era. It takes a lot of talent to come up with new songs in every single episode, not to mention all the creative scenarios that arise from Phineas & Ferb's inventions AND the ways that said inventions vanish before mom sees them (and often due to those plots and the Perry the Platypus plots colliding). I don't even mind that the show is deliberately formulaic, because from that formula arises lots of twists and subversions. Most importantly, the show is often pretty funny, with good comic timing, (mostly) non-cliched dialog, and a self-awareness without making every joke consist of it.

13. SweetShop209

On this day last year, Night of the Living Pharmacists came out. In honor of Halloween (I know it's at the end of the month), I will review the special. Let's start.

Night of the Living Pharmacists

Writers: Joshua Pruett, Scott Peterson, Jim Bernstein, Dani Vetere, Eddie Pittman, Kim Roberson, Bernie Petterson, Patrick O'Connor, J.G. Orrantia, Edward Rivera, Aliki Theofilopoulos Grafft, Kyle Menke

Phineas and Ferb has always gone all out with their Halloween specials (even though most of them don't take place on Halloween) and this is no exception. Zombie apocalypse movies have been done before, but they're always enjoyable, like here. Like any good zombie movie, characters get turned into zombies one by one, maintaining a great sense of tension. Plus, the transformation is actually pretty scary, but it works here. What I like here is that it's pretty much a team effort since a majority of the major characters are involved. Everyone, from Candace and Vanessa to the boys and the Fireside Girls, and more are involved in thwarting off the zombies. Isabella stands out the most as she's the only one left who can activate the device and stop the zombies. The tension is well done, and the humor and music are well done. With the ending taken into account, this is one good special.

14. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

There are some mysteries that I wanted to be solved. I wonder who Isabella marries (probably Phineas) and where Danville is actually located.

I have some ideas for plots that I wanted to see in this show. I wanted to see more of Stacy and Perry's relationship, the shipping between Ginger and Baljeet (and possibly Katie and Irving), Buford's birthday, and more episodes about The Fireside Girls and Pinky.

15. Riley

Riley Everything's the fault of a Yo-kæi™

Not technically Phineas and Ferb-related, but the new Yo-kai Watch English theme for the anime and game was actually written and performed by people who worked on Phineas and Ferb - even the creators! After hearing about that it began to sound a bit like it fit in with the other songs on Phineas and Ferb.

Just thought you guys'd be interested.

16. Choppasmith

Choppasmith Member

Whoa, that's neat! Never expected them to contribute to a Toyetic Anime Theme song. Definitely sounds like it belongs in the show.

Speaking of music though, as I went on iTunes to download my very last episode on my season pass, The OWCA files, I discovered they added a new music album. The Last Days of Summer!
    https://itunes.apple.com/us/album/phineas-ferb-last-day-summer/id1036273183

It seems like it has all the songs from the last few specials, Last Day of Summer (duh), Night of the Living Pharmacists, The OWCA files, and Phineas and Ferb Save Summer.