1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Phineas and Ferb 10th Anniversary

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by PinkiePie97, Aug 17, 2017.

1. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Tonight marks 10 years since the first episode of Phineas and Ferb aired after the premiere of High School Musical 2. The show went on to become a big hit for Disney. The series wrapped up in 2015 after almost 8 years and 222 episodes. But it wasn't completely over yet. There was a special titled The O.W.C.A. Files that November (which was the pilot for a proposed spin-off that didn't get picked up) and there will be a crossover with Milo Murphy's Law next year.

Outside of Playhouse Disney (which I had stopped watching before PnF came on), I didn't really watch much Disney growing up. This was the first show I kept up with. I forget what exactly got me to check out this show. I know I saw an ad in a Nick Magazine, but I don't remember what about it got my attention. About 5 or 6 years ago, it was my favorite show that was on. I'm not quite as into it as I used to be, but I still do like it, and while Disney doesn't seem to be doing anything (though I wouldn't be surprised if they're wating for the anniversary of the official premiere in February or the crossover with Milo Murphy's Law), I'm happy to celebrate 10 years.

#1 PinkiePie97, Aug 17, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 17, 2017
  2. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I watched it a handful of times early on. I thought it was alright but I didn't feel motivated to go out of my way to watch it. I mostly checked it out because I heard some people say it felt like Ed Edd n Eddy. I wonder if I should watch it on Netflix when I still have it.

3. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

Phineas & Ferb was a good series, but with it being a formulaic series it should have went on for as long as it did. After a while the episodes stopped being special and the show in the later years just blur together. I can remember jokes, plots, and songs from the first two seasons, but not for the last two seasons. I would put partial blame for this at Disney since they asked for a lot of episodes each season. 39 for season 2, 35 for season 3, 36 for season 4. And since most episodes had two segments that had to be extra difficult for them. Thankfully now Disney orders more reasonable number of episodes for their shows.

And yes, the songs were my favorite part of the show. "Backyard Beach", "Gitchee Gitchee Goo", "S.I.M.P", "Busted", "A-G-L-E-T", "Let's Go Digital", "There's a Platypus Controlling Me" just to name a few.

Again, good show just a shame it went on too long and seems to have grown some animosity towards it from some people online.

4. Scrappy-Fan92

Scrappy-Fan92 Well-Known Member

It was my favorite Disney Channel show among its peers for several years. It's still a great show, and its success paved the way for Disney Channel and Disney XD to order more animated series. I also wasn't aware that there was going to be a crossover with Milo Murphy's Law, so that's a bonus.

5. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I remember back in my 5th grade days hearing my friends talk heavily about the show. Honestly I have only seen a handful of Season 1 episodes, though I was always annoyed about Candace. Still the show had a great run and lasted really well over the years.

6. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

It was good while it lasted, after all.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk