1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Penn Zero: Part-Time Hero Talkback (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by JoeMabbon, Feb 14, 2015.

1. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

Pretty much this (in terms of a letter grade, anyway...) - Season 1 was a bit rough (Mid High Tier material at best), but Season 2 finished strong like it needed to (High Tier material, IMHO).

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Yoshimickster

Yoshimickster Active Member

Yeah as cute as the kiss was, I'll admit it could've been built up better. Granted there were the parts where they were jealous of their off-world love interests, AND that hug during "The last mountain Beast", but this wasn't no Kim and Ron season 3 foreshadowing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

It would've been funny if they had went into a lego-world.

To be fair, Kim Possible had three seasons and more episodes than Penn Zero for the writers to build up a relationship. Plus they didn't realize how much they cared for each other until the series finale-intended movie.

4. Yoshimickster

Fair point, that WAS where they intended to end it...why do people END shows at the beginning of a relationship? Like, A LOT of shows! The best Star Wars film ain't the first one, it was the second!

Also Shego was originally supposed to be killed in that, what the hell were they smoking?

5. ShadowBeast

I consider it a good thing since I hate how so many people focuses mostly on a show's romance instead of the other stuff that makes up the shows. Like Penn Zero is suppose to be about part-time heroes/villains battling each other, not Penn and Sashi getting romantic with each other.

I did not know they originally intended to kill off Shego. I'm glad that they didn't. I'm sure plenty of other fans are as well. Do you have a source about this?

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

Probably because part of the conflict of a show comes to will or will not two main characters get together at some point. And if they do get together writers have trouble keeping them together. They tend to have an easier time of creating conflict of almost getting them together or keeping them apart. So arguably, if the two main characters get together, then the main conflict of a story is resolved and the story is over.

Also, I find it hard to believe Shego was ever going to be killed off in Kim Possible.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

Sometimes shipping is fun though but it can also really drag a show down

As for this show with Penn & Sashi I refer to their sudden hook-up as "The Ash & Misty Effect" or "Ash & Misty Syndrome" where the writers pair together the main male & female protagonists of a 3-person group because they are the only ones who realistically CAN be together!

Same with Ash & Misty in original Pokémon

Ash is the only one Misty could be with

She can't be with Brock because he's too old for her plus he likes Officer Jenny and Nurse Joy

But I can honestly care less about this show and it's weird character designs

8. Yoshimickster

YEAH, but that's also like saying Superman's stories shouldn't focus on his relationship with Lois and only on super stuff. A series can focus on multiple aspects.

ALSO-turns out the rumor mill blew the Shego thing out proportion. Turns out the focus group THOUGHT Shego was killed at the end, but wasn't.

9. ShadowBeast

I agree that a series can focus on multiple aspects, but fanbases often only focus on the romance parts, even when they aren't there. There was actually someone who didn't like a Loud House episode because Lincoln and Ronnie Ann didn't kiss.
    With the Superman cartoon, the relationship between Lois and Superman were very settle. But you know they get together because of knowledge of the whole Superman mythos itself.

Ah, that makes sense. I tried searching and did see something about Shego being added to a scene of villains being arrested. Can't blame the focus group if Shego's last scene was gonna be, her kicked into a signal tower and having said tower collapse on her.

10. Yoshimickster

And on the other spectrum some fans focus only on the adventure aspect and complain when a romance is explored AT ALL! I feel that's more a problem with fandom than the shows.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. ShadowBeast

Well there is always the fans giving the fandoms a bad name. But I always see the shippers being one of the biggest problem in that department.
    I don't mind the romance as long as it isn't forced in and expected to be the main thing about a show. I wasn't even bothered by Penn and Sashi being a thing despite it being it coming almost out of no where.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

I think romance can enhance a show but if it isn't done correctly could also ruin a show!

I'm even doing a video about exactly that called "Romance in Kids' Cartoons"

13. TheVileOne

Reporter

Except, Ash and Misty were never a couple. Unless they were and I'm missing something?

14. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

They were as close as you can get without ever actually confirming it

15. TheVileOne

Reporter

Yeah, they really were never a couple. So I don't count that.

16. Yoshimickster

See that's the other-problem with willthey/won'ttheys, sometimes they just don't get around to them due to whatever reason.