"Parks and Recreation" Season Six Talkback (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by Space Cadet, Sep 26, 2013.

1. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

[​IMG][​IMG]

The sixth season of Parks and Recreation debuts tonight on NBC with a one-hour episode at 8:00 PM Eastern.

Episode 6.01: "London, Part 1 & 2"

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword!

This show is running out of single people!

3. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

[​IMG][​IMG]

A new episode airs tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern.

Episode 6.02: "The Pawnee-Eagleton Tip Off Classic"

4. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator

Now we know why we're losing Ann and Chris this season. It's a good call though, since Pawnee really doesn't seem like a good town to raise children.

The rest of the episode was good, but it kind of fit in the show's problem of too many subplots, not enough time. The only story that felt fully developed to me was Leslie, Ben and Chris'. The others fell a bit flat overall.

5. Peter Paltridge

I don't know how the Ron subplot could have been taken any farther than it was.

Also, Kristen Bell still looks around 20 years old. It's always jarring when I see her in these thirtysomething roles.

While we do know why we're losing Ann, we don't know why she'd abandon her best friend Leslie. They'll never be able to answer that one satisfyingly...

6. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 6.03: "Doppelgangers"

7. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 6.04: "Gin It Up!"

8. Darklordavaitor

It seems to be an unpopular opinion to not like Tatiana Maslany's performance in the episode, but I'm sorry, she did very little for me. I love Orphan Black, but I thought she was dull as dishwater with Tom.

I wanted to like this episode, since I loved that Donna was getting an A-plot for a rare change, but my problems with the show as of late as as present as ever, primarily weak subplots and the existence of Jamm. It's sad to see the show going downhill, but I'm not the only one who seems to think it is, which is just a shame.

9. Peter Paltridge

I don't know what you're talking about; the show is as strong as ever. It's the only bright spot in NBC's new-and-unimproved Thursday.

April is becoming so much like Mulberry now it's frightening.

10. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

[​IMG][​IMG]

After a couple weeks off, two new episodes air tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern.

Episode 6.05: "Filibuster"

Episode 6.06: "Recall Vote"

11. Darklordavaitor

These were pretty good, although I think I liked the first more than the second, if only for the return of Andy. I understand that Chris Platt was busy at the time, but they didn't even seem to acknowledge his existence until he came back. The next episode also made things a little better by showing how much April misses Andy, and had some good moments with that.

But wow, it was a shocking call to see Leslie recalled so quickly, considering how much the writers like to find ways to make her win most of the time. I actually think this will make for a very interesting storyarc over the next few episodes.

12. Peter Paltridge

Yeah, I think this was a better choice. If you pile losing Ann on top of it, she's never had to deal with life like this before.

13. Neo Yi

Neo Yi :D

Finished the episodes on hulu, but yeah, color me in with the surprise crowd over the recall votes. This will most definitely be an interesting development for Leslie to go through.

14. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!

A roller skating filibuster. Too Hot For Pawnee!
    That and Ann buying a bear to make out with.

I'm glad they didn't spend too much time on the recall election. I thought Leslie running for office the first time threw the show off balance. Her final 30 days should be fun, unless Darklordavaitor is just trying to get my hopes up.

The show has been missing Andy. Too bad they didn't have a few segments with his new boss to fill in the gap. It's nice to see April actually care about someone.

I do wonder what the show is going to look like if it goes another season. It's not exactly getting much respect. There wasn't a whole lot of reason to put off the Halloween episode so long. This and Community are the best things on NBC, and Community is in an even worse situation.

I didn't recognize her or really think much of the character. Though it gave Tom and Donna a good episode where they tried to stall her.

15. Darklordavaitor

Somehow I doubt that NBC will come up with enough new comedies to fill up their lineup next year, nor will Michael J. Fox and Sean Hayes' shows make it to there (although someone at NBC REALLY seems to want ​Sean Saves the World​ to succeed), so Parks will probably be safe. It's still not really a hit in most conceivable ways, but it's their most popular sitcom and the network just doesn't have anything better to replace it with.

Community's future is a little more up in the air, since the network has even less of an idea of what they want to do with that, but I wouldn't be surprised if it gets another season anyway. I just hope this one is a step up from last year. The return of Harmon gives me hope, but who knows.

16. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

The fates of Parks and Community depends on if any of NBC's midseason comedies hit, which is likely as About A Boy and Growing Up Fisher are planned to premiere after The Voice, and might get heavy promotion in the Winter Olympics, as well as the comedies picked up for next season, which many have promise. I mean, Tina Fey, Meg Ryan, Maya Rudolph: there's some potential there. But for me, I'd say Parks and Community will probably get the 30 Rock treatment, where both shows get a short final season next year. But I can't predict the future.

17. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

[​IMG][​IMG]

Two new episodes air tonight at 8:00 PM Eastern. The show will go on a break until January.

Episode 6.07: "Flouride"

Episode 6.08: "The Cones of Dunshire"

18. Darklordavaitor

These were both pretty okay too. I liked last week's set better, but there's good here.

I really hope that they retire Jamm when Leslie's term in office is over, though. Their duet would be such a high note for his character to end with.

19. Space Cadet

Space Cadet I'M SWEATING

[​IMG][​IMG]

Episode 6.10: "Second Chunce"

20. Peter Paltridge

If those were really Bell's pipes, I guess she did sing her own songs in Frozen.