"Over The Garden Wall" News and Discussion Thread

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Nexonius, Mar 7, 2014.

1. Nexonius

Nexonius Formerly John Dorian

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 7, 2014
  2. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

1. I absolutely love how the show looks! If this will be the final look, though I doubt that, I'll be very pleased.

2. Sounds like a mix of Alice in Wonderland and The Wizard of Oz to me. Could be interesting, I guess.

3. As for the actual title of the series... mixed feelings.

3. The Talon

The Talon New Member

I think the thread title should say that Over the Garden Wall is the new name for the Tome of the Unknown pilot. Also, at 10 episodes, is this the first-ever miniseries that CN has picked up?

4. Nexonius

Nexonius Formerly John Dorian

Nope, that goes to 2003's Star Wars: Clone Wars.

5. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Actually it would be Toonami's IGPX which aired a couple months earlier in the same year. I'm not sure if either would count though since both were billed as "microseries" and not miniseries. So technically this is the first miniseries on CN.

6. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Is there a way to watch the original short, or is it currently private?

7. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Jason DeMarco has said it won't air ever again and has linked to fan uploads of it, so I think it's safe to link these.

http://www.toonamiarsenal.com/features/ties/

[video=youtube;yHxqFIWwP4o]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHxqFIWwP4o[/video]

8. Looney Tunes Fan

Looney Tunes Fan Moon Prism Power, Make Up!

I believe he meant the pilot for Over The Garden Wall aka Tome of the Unknown (at least that's how I interpreted it).

9. ChildHood90s

ChildHood90s Loves his coffee

We very well could see the pilot mixed in with the 10 episode order... then again, I haven't seen if the short was open ended enough to blend into 10 additional episodes, so what do I know?

Also, I am very very excited to see Mini series happening now. I love Elijah Wood, and the fact he's always taking on interesting projects to work for. I at least hope the people who came up with this wonderful idea of creating "miniseries" still have some influence at CN... or the new head honcho knows how to capitalize on this innovative approach to the length an american-produced cartoon needs to be.

10. Daikun

Yes, that's what I meant.

11. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Active Member

Honestly, I'm actually looking forward to see "Over the Garden Wall".. it's nice to see something rather interesting in terms. I think the important aspect that interests me is that it's a mini-series, and not an oridinary series. This kind has been rather rare in terms of channels (at times).. and seeing Cartoon Network pulling this attempt seems very surprising, can't wait for this one! :)

12. szjdfgs

szjdfgs Active Member

There really isn't any way to watch the pilot, other than the "Next Generation of Animation" video which contains only a couple of seconds of footage from it.
    Next Generation of Animation - Behind The Scenes Geek Week Cartoon Network - Video Dailymotion
    There's a shorter version of said video set private on Vimeo that I managed to find on a Tumblr blog but I don't know if it's been copied to the Internet or made available public.
    I want to believe they'll probably do the same like what they did with Clarence (minus the fact that the pilot was released months earlier).
    But something tells me they probably won't.

13. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Active Member

14. Mordecai626

Mordecai626 Madridista

[video=youtube;oAoGfY32kL0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAoGfY32kL0[/video]
    Here are the behind the scenes of the show. Can't wait!

15. Mordecai626

Mordecai626 Madridista

Here's a First Look video!
    [video=youtube_share;jkXZAVmj2Fk]http://youtu.be/jkXZAVmj2Fk[/video]

16. Daikun

Premiering in November? This looks like a Halloween special. Why not October?

17. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of 7000+ Posts

Okay I have to admit that teaser sold me. Because though actually we've been getting quite a good crop actually of Cartoon Network originals the last few year (honestly this is by far the best crop of overall good shows that have lasted at least a few seasons that CN has had since the original run of Cartoon Cartoons in the 90's) they've all pretty much been comedies. Granted a lot do have moments of more depth and storytelling but they're all sold as comedies first before anything else. Besides the little kid character (who is honestly very downplayed compared to say Steven Universe. And that's not a knock at SU just saying they sell SU by how goofy Steven can be) most of this is just the atmosphere building around and actually seeing the brothers interacting with whatever mystery they're a part of. That's actually a very different approach then most CN originals even the ones that aren't full on series and makes me more curous for this then I had been before. So yeah good job with that guys who made it.

18. Mordecai626

Mordecai626 Madridista

19. Doguineta

Doguineta New Member

So they'll air it all in one week? Odd, but interesting.

20. dprboy

dprboy New Member