1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Orphan Shows The Hub Should Adopt

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by BonnieB21:-), Aug 29, 2011.

1. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

I'll concede that El Chavo Del Ocho may not be wholly unknown to Amercian audiences (Heck, even I've seen a few episodes), but still, El Chavo is far from being a household word in Americn homes the way that say,Scooby Doo or Charlie Brown are. I imagine if Hasbro were to acquire El Chavo, it would likely last about as long as Dennis & Gnasher, another popular import that's largely unknown in the U.S., did. In any case, it's a very old series that offers little in the way of merchandising potential, so while anything is possible, I just don't see Hasbro jumping at the chance to acquire it.

Tara Duncan, however, might be a good addition and would add some needed variety to The Hub's daytime lineup.

In regards to what Silverstar said earlier about Dennis the Menace (the 80s syndicated series based on Hank Ketcham's U.S. comic strip), I don't think that notoriety would be an issue. Yeah, it's old, but so are Charlie Brown and Alvin and the Chipmunks and kids know who they are. No, I think the main issue with Hasbro acquiring the 1980s syndicated Dennis the Menace series would have more to do with it being produced by DiC. I've yet to see anything produced by DiC airing on The Hub.

#361 Goldstar Neo, Jan 31, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 31, 2014
  2. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Spaced Out and Alfred J. Quack! (Original titles: Allô la Terre, ici les Martin and Alfred Jodocus Kwak)

These are the only nice cartoons I can think of which have never aired in the US. And both have been dubbed in English so I don't think it's too expensive for The Hub.