1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

OPEN CALL to artists: TRANSFORMERS fan comic tryouts

Discussion in 'Artists Wanted' started by Anubis C. Soundwave, Nov 15, 2007.

1. Anubis C. Soundwave

Anubis C. Soundwave Ruler of the World

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]I'm writing a Transformers meta-series fan comic, and I need artists who can draw giant transforming robots. Hence this test below.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]* Yes, I bought the book; but I need tons of practice. *[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Your page sample can be black-and-white or color. I'm looking for solid inking and a working knowledge of G1(Generation One/1984) Transformers.(TV series)[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]You can post it here, or send it as an attachment via email to me(replace AT and DOT with the proper punctuation marks).[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]I'll contact you if I think you have the skills I'm looking for. As this is a meta-series(think of long comic book series), I'm looking for three artists that will stick with me(the writer) for the long haul(no pun intended).[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]SCENARIO:[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]1995.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Megatron had captured the Aerialbots and compelled/convinced them to fight as Decepticons. (This depends on your point of view in the Autobot-versus-Decepticon divide.)[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Optimus confronts Megatron, determined to win/bring back the Aerialbots.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]The tryout page of the script is posted below.[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]= = = = =[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]TRANSFORMERS: CYBERTRON SAGA #X[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace]anubis_soundwave@yahoo.com[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]Tainted Iron Saints, Part Four: NOT HOPE OR HOPELESSNESS [/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace]byline: Anubis C. Soundwave[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace][FONT=Courier New, monospace]PAGE #XX[/FONT][FONT=Courier New, monospace] - 6 Panels[/FONT][/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]PG_1.1:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace] Close-up OPTIMUS PRIME, eyes glowing.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace] COPY:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace] 1. OPTIMUS: MEGATRON....[/FONT]

[FONT=Courier New, monospace]PG_1.2:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace] MEGATRON, insolent, sneering smirk on his face.[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Courier New, monospace]MEGATRON: YOU KNEW THIS WOULD HAPPEN--[/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Courier New, monospace]MEGATRON: --FROM THE VERY MOMENT THEY LANDED ON THIS ROCK--[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace]PG_1.3:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace] Close-up to MEGATRON, wearing a deviously-amused expression.[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Courier New, monospace]MEGATRON: --YET YOU COULD DO NOTHING.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace]PG_1.4:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace] MEGATRON, smirking; arms spread wide.[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Courier New, monospace]MEGATRON: IT WAS INEVITABLE--[/FONT]
    2. [FONT=Courier New, monospace]MEGATRON: --THAT THEY WOULD JOIN THEIR TRUE BROTHERS IN THE SKIES.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace]PG_1.5:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace] OPTIMUS, determined stance.[/FONT]
    1. [FONT=Courier New, monospace]OPTIMUS: I WILL GET THEM BACK, MEGATRON.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace]PG_1.6:[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace] Close-up on OPTIMUS' face.[/FONT]
    [FONT=Courier New, monospace]OPTIMUS: I WILL GET THE AERIALBOTS BACK.[/FONT]