"One Piece" Anime Talkback: The New World

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by GWOtaku, Oct 1, 2011.

1. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

[​IMG]

Tonight at 10 PM Eastern Time, the One Piece animated series begins a new chapter with the "new world" story arc! Two years have passed since Monkey D. Luffy and the Straw Hat Pirates were scattered and the titanic battle between the Whitebeard Pirates and the Marines was fought at the Marine headquarters, Marineford. Despite the efforts of the Whitebeard Pirates, Luffy, and the allies he broke out of the prison Impel Down, the battle ended with the death of his brother: Portgas D. Ace. What's more Marineford was shaken to its very foundations, the great pirate Whitebeard lost his life, and the Shichibukai Blackbeard went rogue and managed to steal Whitebeard's devil fruit ability.

The loss of Ace nearly broke Luffy, but with the help of his friend Jimbei he got beyond his grief and gained newfound resolve: he would heal his severe injuries. He would get stronger. He would see his crew again. And so he dared to return to Marineford to pay his last respects to Ace and send a hidden message to his crew. In two years, they would meet again at the place they were defeated and scattered: Sabody Archipelago.

Now the promised time has finally arrived. Luffy has completed intense training with the "Dark King" Silvers Rayleigh, the former first mate to Gold Roger himself, and the other Straw Hat Pirates have all aged and changed from how they were before. How have they all grown and gotten stronger? What awaits them in the second half of the Grand Line at the dawn of a new era?

As always, new episodes of One Piece will stream to the U.S. and Canada at onepieceofficial.com. The video page for the latest episodes is below:

http://onepieceofficial.com/videos.aspx

This talkback is for all discussion regarding new One Piece episodes starting with episode 517. As always manga spoilers must be inside a spoiler tag or posted elsewhere; all conversation focused on the One Piece manga itself should go in the current manga talkback thread One Piece Manga 582+: "The New Era Begins!" Discussion about the One Piece home video release should go in the thread FUNimation "One Piece" Discussion.

For even more One Piece info and discussion there's the unofficial One Piece Podcast, which talks about the latest anime episodes & manga chapters along with much else related to the show.

2. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Hmmm...might want to toss the 'episode #517+' into the title.

Also:

Episode #518 preview.

It seems they mixed up the order of who is voicing which Fake Straw Hat. Hirata Hiro'aki is voicing Fake Luffy, for example.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2011
  3. ChibiGoku

ChibiGoku Something Not Quite Right

Is anyone having issues with the stream. I keep getting "Connection closed by server. Reason is undefined". Does this on both in Internet Explorer and FireFox.

4. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

Something about entering a new era after so many years and hundreds of episodes of the same is really exciting to me. The cold open to start it off, straight into We Go!, which does have the setting part in the beginning of it like the first few openings, and not only is the full We Go! experience like the best thing ever, we don't have to have an extended introduction of the story like the part that ate up so much extra time after the opening before now. Then of course the episode itself is really exciting, seeing everyone reappear after 2 years have passed, and it's all really well done. The eyecatches are now all the same, with the whole crew. I like each member having their own, but that kind of screwed things up in these past few arcs when they'd show the eyecatches of characters who have nothing to do with what's going on just for the sake of using them. Plus, I just really like this new ones. Again, a lot of it is just the excitement of everything being so new and different after being the same for so long. There's still no ending due to the extra-long opening, but We Go! and everything about the version and video they use for the opening here is so great that I can't complain. And it looks like they did change the preview music from now on, as I expected.

5. Hypeathon

Hypeathon Active Member

1, 2, Sunshine, 4... WE GOOOOO!!!

6. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

We go! in 720p. It'll take some time to get used to, I think.

For a Hisada episode there wasn't much impressive about it. It's a shame he didn't get to supervise or key animate any fight scenes as that's where he really shines. Next week is Shimanuki, Hisada's old partner in crime. I can't wait until we learn #519-521's animation supervisors!

7. GingaDaiuchuu

8. Radiant

Radiant Foreverrrrr!

And One Piece Official isn't working. Yet again.

What a surprise. They did so perfectly for two years. I don't understand. :(

9. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

It worked perfectly fine for me earlier.

10. GingaDaiuchuu

Same here (if you couldn't guess by my post).

11. Radiant

Radiant Foreverrrrr!

Must have been nice. But I wasn't home when it first went up, and now it only shows the ad and then pops up "Connection Closed by Server. Reason undefined" or something like that. =/

12. RockmanDash

RockmanDash Retired

The only possible word I could describe the opening and episode is:Beautiful.

One of the major things that made me love this episode so much was that it really felt like a great fun One piece episode we haven't seen in ages. The Impel Down Arc and the War arc were both excellent for sure, but I couldn't help but to have the biggest smile on my face knowing the Straw Hats were actually back in action on their journey and everything just felt "back to normal" in a sense.

Oh and to those who are curious, yes the preview music has in fact changed to the instrumental version of WE GO!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2011
  13. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!

The New Time Skip series rocks!!!!!!

Episode 517 was pretty epic/awesome starting The New World arc,

The highlights:
    Luffy is now more stronger than ever after his training, sweet.
    Nice to see more Margaret/lovey-dovey Boa Hancock, hehehe.
    Opening 15 We Go! was awesome showing the Strawhat Pirates' sweet new looks, the epic Shanks along with the new characters/villains coming soon.
    Nice to see Shakky and Silvers Rayleigh with no moustache, woooow.
    Zoro is the first to come to Shabaody Archipelago, sweet.
    WOOOOOW, Nami is super hot/gorgeous along with the long hair, I so prefer this New Nami than the Old Nami:eek::eek::anime:!!!!!!!!
    Brook looks awesome as a popular musician/rock star called Soul King Brook and his song Bone To Be Wild was marvelous/catchy, hahahahaha.
    Sanji is finally free from that nightmare more stronger than ever growing a moustache/goatee going back to his funny womanizing pervy self for Nami/Robin, yaaaaay, hahahahaha.
    The evil fat ugly Fake Strawhat Pirate Imposters are great evil doppelganger villains, the Evil Fake Nami is kind of cute, but they remind me of the ugly evil doppelgangers from Blue Dragon:Trial of the 7 Shadows, hahahahahaha, and cool that the Strawhat Pirates' Japanese voice actors voiced their evil doppelgangers.
    I'm sad there's no Fake Brook among them though.
    The Caribou Brothers:Caribou/Coribou are pretty cool new pirate villains.
    The eyecatch from the new time skip series was sweet.
    Usopp's new technique/weapon Green Star/Pop Green was sweet.
    Usopp is thin/muscular/bulkier, yaaaaaay!!!!!!
    Usopp being in Nami's boobs was funny, good that Sanji didn't saw that, hahahahahaha!!!!!
    Woooooow, Nami's new thunder/lightning cloud attack was sweet.
    Both Nami/Usopp easily beating the Fake Strawhat Pirate Imposters was hilarious, hahahahaha:p:D.
    Robin has gotten super hot/gorgeous like Nami as well.
    Poor Sanji is gonna die of nosebleeds when he sees how super hot Nami/Robin are, hahahahaha:p:D.
    Cool to see Franky and Chopper who looks adorable with the huge hat.
    Luffy vs. his loser evil doppelganger is gonna be sweet, nice cliffhanger!!!!!
    It's so wonderful to see all the Strawhat Pirates coming back together and more stronger as well.
    The new animation is so beautiful.
    Next episode preview:It's Luffy vs. the Fake Strawhat Pirate Imposters, cool, but the Fake Zoro/Sanji/Robin are super ugly and Fake Chopper is a fox instead of a reindeer, hahahahahaha!!!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 25, 2011
  14. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

Loved the premiere of the post-timeskip era. The opening was great, both audio and visual. It kind of reminded me of a "We Are" 2.0. I'm surprised they didn't make it into a seperate series ala Naruto Shippuden and Dragon Ball Z. I also like the new eyecatch, but unfortunately, this means no individual eyecatch per crewmember.

15. Shift

Shift Brave Warrior of the Sea

Ah, I THOUGHT Fake Nami sounded suspiciously like Ikue Ohtani! And is that Kazuki Yao voicing Fake-King?

16. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

Yes. Chou is voicing Fake Franky, too.

17. Ryusuke

Ryusuke SomethingWithTheR

That's hilarious. I wonder if that means Mayumi Tanaka will end up being Fake Robin or Fake Chopper. :p

18. Sarada

Sarada Active Member

I'd prefer Fake Zoro. :cool:

19. Shift

Shift Brave Warrior of the Sea

As it'll be quite a while before we get an English version of We Go, in any case, I gave it a shot for the interim. Sing along if you like:

I can’t stop running, gotta keep gunning
    Toward the sun that’s waiting to rise, and I’ll be there!
    Three-two-one-shine, here WE GO!

Fly your pirate flag at the break of Romance Dawn!
    Rock the sleeping world with the waves you make from your life’s jumpstart,
    You can carve your mark on the new, unyielding landscape,
    All you need is the will that has pushed you up to now!

Acting regal is not illegal
    To be a “Sinner” can equal “Winner” :)D)
    Freedom is the only rule we follow on the ocean blue,
    'Til we meet our fate, we won't worry or wait...

I’ll find One Piece, I know I’ll reach it,
    And no one else is getting there first,
    Deep in my heart,
    I will not be woken up from this dream,
    Can’t stop running, gotta keep gunning
    Toward the sun that’s waiting to rise, and I’ll be there!
    Three-two-one-shine, here WE GO!

All my friends and I…have already come so far,
    I know the journey’s still long, yet all our hopes drive us on,
    We won’t leave anyone behind

Keep on moving, you’ll be proving,
    The fated dream that started it all
    Is burning still
    And the future that awaits will come true…
    Can’t stop running, gotta keep gunning
    Because the sun that burns in my heart will never set!
    Three, two, one, shine …
    Three, two, one, shine …
    Three-two-one-shine, here…we…GO!
    WE GO!

20. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!

Episode 518 was pretty marvelous/hilarious,

The highlights:
    Woooooooow, that's one huge backpack full of alot of stuff for Luffy to carry!!!!!!
    Boa Hancock so horny for Luffy after his comment was funny, hahahahahaha:D.
    Cool that Sanji made it to Shabaody Archipelago.
    Nice to see Duvall and the Flying Fish Riders all bandaged up with poor Duvall still working on his new handsome face, hehehe.
    Sanji so horny for Nami/Robin is so funny, hahahahaha.
    The Fake Zoro/Sanji/Robin Imposters are super ugly/funny-looking while the Fake Chopper is one cute fox.
    The Fake Nico Robin so looks like an anime version of Mrs. Manface, hahahahahahaha!!!!!
    Poor Chopper thinks the Fake Strawhat Pirate Imposters are the real Strawhat Pirates, his stupidity meter increases, hahahahaha:p.
    Luffy easily crushing the Fake Strawhat Pirate Imposters with his Conqueror's Haki was awesome/funny which those losers are the punching bags now, hahahahaha.
    The kidnappers capturing the Fake Robin Imposter along with poor Chopper wanting to save her was funny.
    Poor Zoro to have a scarred eye, but his bad sense of direction returns going to a pirate ship, hahahahahaha.
    The New Zoro was awesome who's gotten super strong cutting up huge pirate ships like Mihawk/T-Bone:eek::D!!!!!!!
    Next episode preview:Franky's new arms upgrade is epic along with the return of the cool Sentoumaru with the Bartholomew Kuma clones.