1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

On Demand Services

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Duckfan, May 26, 2016.

1. Duckfan

Duckfan Member

Hi guys,

I've been watching the on Demand market for while now, but still haven't subscribed to any service, because there's one thing that bothers me:
    From what I've heard, "buying" on amazon & co. just means obtaining the rights to stream a movie anytime - as long as amazon obtains the rights to offer it. I found this interesting article about what happens, if amazon dies or looses rights: http://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2015/10/when-amazon-dies/409387/
    I will not get into this stuff, because "buying" for me means to actually OWN it - in this case the files.

So, my question is: Is there any Video or Audio on Demand service out there, where you can buy movies/songs and get an actual .avi/.mp4 or .mp3-file on your computer that you can use anywhere, anytime, burn to CD/DVD or send on a USB stick?

2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

They don't allow that for a reason--it leads to piracy.