1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Okay what are the powers of Thanos exactly?

Discussion in 'Comic Book Culture' started by I.R Joey, May 9, 2001.

1. I.R Joey

I.R Joey Yep my face got stuck this way

I've been wondering about this, exactly what can he do that makes him so powerful (able to fight with the surfer of the Norse God's)

BTW I'm talking minus the infinity gems.

2. DR. BELCH

DR. BELCH Member

Don't know--

--but his name is Greek, meaning "death". Just from that I'd figure he's one bad dude to have against you.

3. Nightwing

Nightwing WF Old Man

Thanos: Dud.

I don't know about his existance outside of where I know him from, but Thanos is to me as Frieza is to Goku. Old news. I first met Thanos YEARS ago when I first played "Marvel Super Heros" the arcade fighter. Oh he was hard then, but like Goku and his fights, the levels increased as time went on, leaving past battles in the dust cuz of all the games that spun off after it! X-Men vs. Streetfighter, Marvel vs. Capcom (fav).

LOL. Seriously though, I always thought without those gems he was kind of like Superman's Darkseid. I mean, you sometimes see Marvel characters mirror DC characters or vice versa.

4. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

Intense Corpse Action. Thanos is dead.

At least, I heard he was. I know he greeted the Marvel Captain Marvel (aka Mar-Vell. There are way too many Captains Marvel runnin' loose.) when he was killed off. I don't know what his powers were, except whatever the writer wanted him to have. His deal was that he was trying to marry a personified female Death, and to do this he had to destroy half the universe, or something. I dunno. Space comics are relentlessly dull.

And he was a lot tougher in that game than the more recent bosses. I beat him ONCE, with Juggernaut. I routinely beat Apocalypse, Abyss, and Cyber-Akuma by switching fighters. (Onslaught was one cheap-ass bastard, though.) You can play Thanos in the MvC2 game, and he's okay, but I prefer the Cable-Juggie-Colossus combination.

5. I.R Joey

Perhaps the reason he was greeting him, was because he was with death in her realm, but not dead himself.

So what are his powers?

6. Clayface

Clayface Molecularly Malleable Mod

:rolleyes:

I can see some people need a lesson on how to search the internet! :p

I went to google, and did a search for "Thanos". I got all sorts of hits. In fact, the very first site that came up had a FAQ section that answers your exact question. Here's the address of the site.

http://members.tripod.com/~Darkbird/thanos.html

7. Leaping Larry Jojo

Leaping Larry Jojo Searching for a map

Actually, Thanos has a wider range of powers than Darkseid, though none are quite as powerful as the Omega Beam. Besides, all cosmic heroes are pretty powerful anyway. Watcher, Stranger, Galactus...

8. I.R Joey

uh

Thank you.

9. Clayface

Clayface Molecularly Malleable Mod

uh

You're welcome. :D