1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Oh my! John K. bashing Animaniacs?? :O

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by MattieShoe, Sep 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taco Wiz

Taco Wiz The Loyal Order of Stupids

The Ripping Friend's art was horrible compared to John K's other work, due to the layout companies not being used to his "perfect" art demands. This time, in order to make sure it doesn't happen, John K. is hiring people off the internet for his new George Liquor cartoon. Actually, the hiring is over. He found everyone he needed. Anyway, if you disagree with this man's criticism, then just don't read his blog. Some people are just weird...

Anyway, look at this post!

http://johnkstuff.blogspot.com/2008/10/iconic-balloon-runners-up.html

LOL! I want to buy that unborn fetus balloon!

2. MonkeyFunk

MonkeyFunk Kids and grown-ups love me so

I got a kick out of this comment:

If you look at the actual context in which John used the word "bland" in this post, you'll see that this fellow, er, missed the point somewhat.

3. chdr

chdr Active Member

Still, if someone has heard that you weren't such a nice guy and a lot of your projects did bad financially, I wouldn't call it "scared" more as "thinking in common sense".

And missing deadlines is one of the main reasons Nick fired him in the first place.

4. Racattack!Force

Racattack!Force 私は、ああ、くそっバットマンなんだよ !

5. PositronShooter

Don't even get started on PC.

The guy's "opinions" are just cardboard echos of his mega-crush on John K. Any time the topic of Animaniacs! or Family Guy comes up, notice that he fails time and again to provide any real critiques for either show, outside his default "generic" defense, which at this point is getting really old, since it's a subjective term.

Leave it to a guy who uses the "ignorant" card every other time someone disagrees with him to amplify all the contradictions that are holding the animated medium back by leaps and bounds.

6. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

PC actually liked Animaniacs and Tiny Toons until John K. started badmouthing them... talk about a John K. zombie. Most of the other people who visit John K.'s blog are generally pretty cool, though.

7. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

Heh no. Tom has been reading this forum for quite a while, and obviously reads it more often than I do!

As for the next poster wondering where he's been, well, I've posted what I could on that subject as things have gone on -- in the past couple years alone going from Sushi Pack to Animalia to an unnamed project he is/was pitching (I fear -- was this the story of "Gerald", Tom? or is this still moving forward?), to a graphic novel project with John McCann and Sherri Stoner, if I remember right.

And as for "going back to WB"... well, the decision is not his to make, obviously. Sure he'd like to get the band back together, as it were.

Sorry. I now return you to your regularly scheduled John K. bashing session.

8. Hiya Animation

Hiya Animation Animation lover!!!

LOL yeah. You should see PC's blog. It's basically a copy of John's blogging style. Really negative and bitter most of the time.

John has A LOT of good stuff on his blog... but a lot of it is pretty bogus also and you really have to take what he says with a grain of salt.

9. HG Revolution

HG Revolution Truth (with crazy opinions!)

Apparently Speilberg was really fussy with linework on TTA as well.

10. Taco Wiz

Taco Wiz The Loyal Order of Stupids

P.C. Unfunny is either a John K. zombie, or very similar to him. I can't tell. Anyway, if you guys disagree with a critic, how about this...

DON'T READ HIS WEBSITE!

Jesus. The John K. bashers are just as stupid as the John K. zombies.

11. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Not to mention Who Framed Roger Rabbit.

12. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Oh god, John K bashed Roger Rabbit too? This I must see.

13. Daxdiv

Daxdiv Does this look like the face of mercy?

I second that. I'm curious on what he said, and too lazy to look back from his many years of blog posting.

14. PositronShooter

I can't recall any times John went specifically after Roger Rabbit, but obviously, it has the same issue as Tiny Toons and Animaniacs! where an animated project is headlined by a non-cartoonist (Steven Spielberg), which is a no-no. :shrug:

15. Itchy

Itchy Scratchy's enemy

Roger Rabbit to? I'm starting to wonder if he hates everything animated that Speilberg has been involved in.

16. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

17. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

""I like old cartoons". Repeat after me. I don't like ANYTHING after about 1970. Except girls."

Ugh... The way he says it is so snobbish.

18. Sidewinder1984

Maybe there's a psychiatic explanation for John K's, er, less savoury personality features. Reading up on Johnny boy and many of the things he's said and done over the years (not always related to his opinions), one textbook disorder springs to mind:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Narcissistic_personality_disorder

That's our boy.
    :eek:

19. Kazuya Prower

Kazuya Prower Keeping it Tails since 2005

20. HG Revolution

HG Revolution Truth (with crazy opinions!)

I remember talking to him about Roger Rabbit once and he said the reason he hated it was because he felt the cartoon characters were integrated poorly into their surroundings and that no care was put into solid drawing principles.

That's what he said, anyway. From what I can gather, he went in completely biased against it due to Richard Williams saying things about disliking and disagreeing with a lot of John K.'s own opinions on animation.

#120 HG Revolution, Oct 16, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 16, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.