1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Comings, Goings & Introductions Thread (Part Three)

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Zach Logan, Nov 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Cartoon

The Cartoon Moderator

This really sucks to say, but I'm likely going to be leaving Toonzone for good, or at least for a long time. I'm leaving every forum site that I'm a part of, actually. Since I'm starting to get a move on with my life, the site is just too big of a distraction. It's been a blast and I'm going to miss everyone. (Special shout-out to Blankments, OnePark, and Spideyzilla)

Peace Out. ;)

2. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

Really? That's too bad. Good luck in your future endeavors. :)

3. The Nameless

The Nameless Demoted Regular

I'm going to try to spend more time here. One of the other forums I go on regularly is starting to irritate me and this place is a lot calmer.

4. Neomysterion

Neomysterion TZ's Resident Neopets King

I know I haven't been on ToonZone for a long time, but I'm back to wish DefunctZombie and Sailor V their happy birthdays.

Also, I wish all of you guys here at ToonZone a Happy Halloween, and get lots of treats this time around. :)

5. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

I may be leaving ToonZone...

I apologize for doing a message like this, but lately I have been considering that, now with the Golden Age Cartoons forum gone (where I regularly posted), and since not as many people here have the same cartoon interest types as I am, and quite a few people here have been a bit mean to me on occasion, I have been considering leaving the forum.
    There only seems to be a small community on these forums that actually like classic animation. Almost any time the current Cartoon Network or Nickelodeon is bad-mouthed, the person that has said it gets bombarded with negative responses. Sometimes there's almost no negative response to a new animated movie or TV show, in general. (I'm not saying being negative is good, it's just that it seems a little unrealistic with everyone praising something all the time.)
    Several of my posts here have also frequently been ignored, and that I'm not crazy about either.

So, in short, I doubt I will be missed should I leave the forums.

Any comments?

6. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Well, there's still the Big Cartoon Database, which I'm also on (I'm Starburst over there, BTW), I'd been wondering what happened to you at BCDB.

I personally haven't noticed any real negativity towards classic cartoons here; there are a lot of classic animation fans here at TZ, most of whom hang out at the Retro Forum. One of the things I enjoy about ToonZone is that both old and new cartoons are discussed in equal measure. This site is perfect for folks like me, who can enjoy both equally.

And it's funny; switch your complaint around, and it's the exact same complaint that I have about the Big Cartoon Forum. It's dang near impossible to get a reasonable discussion going about any cartoons that were made after 1995. People there are so quick to diss and dismiss all of today's cartoons as garbage not worth discussing that it's become quite irritating. I don't love every cartoon of today, but I don't love every cartoon of yesterday either. BCDB is just too hung up on nostalgia to the exclusion of everything else for my tastes, which I don't frequent there as much anymore. (In fact, my frustration with BCDB is 1 of the things which led me here.)

Hopefully, if any good thing can come out of GAC forum's closing, maybe it'll mean more people coming here and to BCDB, so there can be wider discussions on both forums suitable for everyone's tastes.

7. ForeverHeather

ForeverHeather Bulimia's So '87

You know what, I just recently announced that I'm leaving the toonzone forums as well. Hey, I feel your pain, bro.

8. ForeverHeather

ForeverHeather Bulimia's So '87

Well, after some careful consideration and a pep talk from SF4ever, I've decided that I'm not leaving the ToonZone forums after all.

9. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

You haven't even been here a week, give it some time. I started in one forum and found some of the others were better for my tastes.

10. Toon Master

Toon Master Active Member

After I thought about coming back here for a few months I have decided to just go through with it and forget about what happened a few months ago. I'm back and I will begin posting again. I like this place to much just to give up on it for good.

11. SpongeJosh

SpongeJosh A Bold Kid

I... shall return.

Or I have, rather. Early, this summer my computer crashed and I still haven't gotten a new one. Since then I have heavily cut down on my time spent on the internet, only occasionally using it for school, email and shopping. While it's been nice having more time for guitar, movies and other such things, I also feel as though I've missed out on some things. For instance, imagine my surprise when I found out today that Rocko's Modern Life season 2 is coming to DVD next year, among other things. :D I've also noticed that there are some new members as well as familiar avatars, which is good to see. Anyway, I'll be be checking in more often again. It's good to be back.

12. chalmers

chalmers Role Model

You know what guys, I think I'm done here. It's been a wild two and a half years, there's been some good times and some bad times, and I've made a few friends along the way, as well as a few enemies, but now I think it's my time. I know I've shown my bitter side, targeted towards things like the layout change, or certain members I had gotten sick and tired of, but despite that I always at least somewhat enjoyed myself here. But now, there's little here that makes me want to stay. I don't care about much of the cartoons on TV(don't even watch The Simpsons anymore, not even the classics), I'm still not fond of the layout(how many months has it been since I whined about the wiki in my blog, and how much more activity has it gotten?), and I just in general can't justify spending any more time here.

So this is it, I'm calling it quits, I'm removing TZ from my bookmarks, deleting the app from my iPhone, and changing my password here to something I know I won't remember. Goodbye, Toon Zone.

13. retrotoons

retrotoons New Member

Sooo ... :sweat:

I think I will try an balance the scales by making an introduction. :D

Well ... hi.

You can tell from my name, I love classic cartoons. I mean, I am absolutely fascinated by them, since they are a HUGE part of my childhood and nostalgia. Almost all the cartoons I have been watching are from the golden era of the cartoons. The oldest ones I have are from (I think) 1928 (Disney's Mickey, Donald, Goofy ...), followed by Popeye as the second oldest.

So, right now I am completing my collection of retro cartoons, starting with Hanna-Barbera. And considering the incredible amount of work done by them, and the sheer brilliance that reflects from their work, I say it would take me six months at least to finish it all, assuming all of them are somewhere on the internet. :eek: I wish Hanna-Barbera didn't have to disappear ... hits me right in the childhood.

After this, I plan on finishing my Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon and Disney cartoons (the good old ones, not the modern crap) and the finally, any cartoons from MGM, Paramount etc ...

Well, needless to say, I absolutely loathe the current status of CN. :shrug: Stuart Snyder needs to be fired.

14. SceneQueen

SceneQueen Member

Hello all! I'm A2002, I'm waiting for A2002 on my '87 Fiat Pony haha (uno mk1) XD

CANT WAIT.. but yeah. I LOVE cartoons and have been watching them since around 1996 far as i remember. I'm 17 and still love watching Cartoons. :D
    I love WoW and have been into that since 2008.
    I've also been playing RuneScape since 2005 and just can't stop. :3

I also own couple of cars, and these are:
    1990 Skoda 120L - :3
    1988 Fiat Uno 45 - Parts :( RIP
    1987 Fiat Uno 45S - daily car!
    1984 Nissan Sunny Maxima Coupé.
    1962 Chevrolet Bel Air (not truly mine yet :p)

I'm car-sick. I LOVE CAAAARS so much lol.

15. Ballboi

Ballboi Member

Hey folks! My name is Jordan and I'm new to these forums. Anyways, here's a little bit about myself.

I became a fan of Disney/Pixar once I saw Toy Story 2 in theatres as a kid back in 1999. That's been one of my most nostalgic moments. I love Pixar as I think they're the best animation studio out there. They've only disappointed me once and that was with Cars 2. I also enjoy movies from Dreamworks and all those other studios like Blue Sky, Disney, etc. I'm 16 years old as I'll be 17 in June.

Anyway, I hope to get to know you all!

16. Cansecoangel

Cansecoangel Excited to be here

I'm fairly new to this site (1-2 months I believe) I am 17, Love watching cartoons (guess my favorite one), remember the old cartoons but I enjoy the new ones too. I am a bit nostalgic (Dragon Ball Z, Pokemon, Looney Toons) but I have loved some of the new programs that are on,mainly The Amazing World of Gumball, Regular Show, Adventure Time, and Kung Fu Panda.

17. Punisher

Punisher One Shot At Glory

Just got back from 16 weeks of OSUT at Ft. Benning. Hoping to get back into posting here again.

18. User

User New Member

I'm new

Hi, I'm new. Can you tell me what C.D. is for? Thanks. Bye.

sorry didnt know where to post this

19. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome to Toon Zone, User. I don't think that this has to do with the topics covered in the General Animation thread, so I'm going to merge this with the Official Comings, Goings and Introduction thread in the Cafe board.

20. defunctzombie

Staff Member Moderator

CD is Cartoons, Dammit!, the section of toonzone which features original content.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.