1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Official "Batman Begins" Movie News Thread, Part 4 (Possible Spoilers)

Discussion in 'DC Live-Action Movies and Television' started by James, Jan 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TimTwoFace

TimTwoFace Mod, and Minotaur Bait

I'm fairly confident that when Harvey appears in the next two sequels, he'll be dealt with rather well. It's just curious that they'd "replace" him, in this fashion, right off the bat; this Rachel character seems interesting to me, so I'll see what I think after the movie.

As for Bruce and Harvey being friends - apparently that was only the case in BTAS; while Batman and Dent (and Gordon) have a good working relationship in nearly all continuities, it was only in the animated series that I've noticed the writers making them best buddies when out of costume. In this series, I'm predicting that the focus on Harvey's transformation will be on a very public and well-renowned figure taking a tremendous and tragic fall, rather than a seriously personal one for Bruce - much like in THE LONG HALLOWEEN. It'll still be a personal battle for Batman, of course, but not the same as in the animated series.

Of course, if they can work both aspects into the film - and if Rachel is kept around (if she survives BATMAN BEGINS, that is) - it could be another interesting "triangle" of sorts.

-Tim

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.